Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Transmission BT Client installation script

Having the HDD inside during flashing to P02 is fine. Just flash up to P70R2 immediately afterward without doing anything on the hard drive. During the flashing, it will show "CANNOT BOOT FROM HDD" and that message will stay on screen for 15 seconds or so. Just wait patiently and the flashing will continue. Remember there is an auto reboot in the middle of each firmware flashing. Don't interrupt, power off, or unplug the USB drive until it returns to setup menu.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Having the HDD inside during flashing to P02 is fine. Just flash up to P70R2 immediately afterward without doing anything on the hard drive. During the flashing, it will show "CANNOT BOOT FROM HDD" and that message will stay on screen for 15 seconds or so. Just wait patiently and the flashing will continue. Remember there is an auto reboot in the middle of each firmware flashing. Don't interrupt, power off, or unplug the USB drive until it returns to setup menu.
    Thanks tourist for refreshing my memory .... getting old you know !!!

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    Known issues:
    - There are still a problem with the installation of optware with firmware that do not include the ipkg-cl in the firmware. I am working on it.
    This still an issue? can you work around this by following this post: Link

I was going to install p70r2 bcn and install ipkg and then install this... would that work? I'm just so sick and tired to btpd...

I feel like i'm posting the same thing all around the forums lol. Hope it doesn't piss anyone off!

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    This still an issue? can you work around this by following this post: Link

I was going to install p70r2 bcn and install ipkg and then install this... would that work? I'm just so sick and tired to btpd...

I feel like i'm posting the same thing all around the forums lol. Hope it doesn't piss anyone off!
    I can not remember if P70R2 BCN has ipkg-cl on it or not ????? If so the script should work fine but beware that transmission also has some issues although it seems to run much better than btpd. For real performance while downloading torrent you really need a computer; BT works on the PBO but it is kind of slow; it just not capable of handing the many simultaneous connection required. By the way the link you have indicated also make use of ipkg-cl therefore if it's not available on that firmware you will have the same problem that this script has.

Snappy

Yeah I've found out that BT isn't that great the hard way lol. Sad . Realistically the network uses aren't really that great for this thing... Transferring files to it via the network aren't that great and neither is moving files to it from the USB drive directly connected to it... Maybe I've got a bad HDD or something... is it just not that great at transferring files and whatnot?

I recently pulled my HDD out of my long time unused ps3 and stuck it in my PBO. I bought my pbo in august of 2011 new from amazon. It's bootcode is 27 i think?
    Anyway, I had a version of the firmware installed that was readonly. I tried a different firmware and it bricked my pbo. Had to pull it apart, use a wire to touch the ground at sw3 and i put a P02 firmware on it to start from the ground up.

Well, i'm finding that after installing the p02 firmware and then trying the transmission install script in the beginning of this thread that everything worked great.
    I only have ever used my pbo for accessing samba shares over my network, and now transmission for torrents.

I'm just curious as to what other people think.
    If the p02 firmware works this well 'out of the box' then what's so great about all the newer firmwares?
    I've tried the p70 or tried other IMS things, tried to get youtube to work and none of those things ever worked so I never bothered with it.
    Youtube quality videos are mostly shit anyway.

Other notes about this, I have a 50 Megabit down and about 4 megabit up connection. From my PBO i'm only able to download at about 1.2 megabytes (about 12 megabits, less than half of what my pc can handle) and I was only able to transfer to the pbo from my network at about 2 megabytes per second. So far, i have yet to see the pbo upload anything back up to others, it's always just at '0k up', and i know my ports are open and forwarded properly through my router.
    So, it's slow but it works. I think a better option is to torrent with your pc then transfer to your pbo over ethernet. Well, that's what i'm doing anyway.

Just thought I would share my experience and i'm curious what people think about the different firmwares.

I know that this thread is old, but I finally decided to load transmission on my PBO which is running the Medebo Shizzl 3.2 mod. I do not have an internal HDD and am using an external USB drive which I set up using the following command as per this thread:

nice -n 0 /opt/bin/transmission-daemon --config-dir /tmp/usbmounts/sda1/transmission/config --port 8080 --no-auth --download-dir /tmp/usbmounts/sda1/transmission/download --dht --peerport 51413 -a "*"

Everything works fine except that when I power off my PBO, I find that the USB drive does not reconnect in transmission. I end up having to re-issue the same command again in putty in order to get it to work.

Is there a way to keep it from losing the USB drive (sda1) as my default drive or is this just how transmission behaves when you use an external drive?

Thanks!