Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission BT Client installation script

Thanks Snappy46, you made the installation so easy. It works fine for me.

Does transmission has the auto start feature like the "watch" directory of rTorrent?

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    Very interesting. I think this is exactly the same one I can put on my Asus RT-N13U router after flashing to dd-wrt firmware.

Here is another way to access the bt client interface: http://code.google.com/p/transmission-remote-dotnet/
    This one looks a little nicer, but it does not support foreign language (Chinese) file names. Perhaps, I don't know how to enable it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amowagou View Post
    Thanks Snappy46, you made the installation so easy. It works fine for me.

Does transmission has the auto start feature like the "watch" directory of rTorrent?
    Certainly can just add the following lines in the transmission config file (/tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/config/settings.json:

"watch-dir": "/tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/torrent"
    "watch-dir-enabled": true

Of course you will have to create the /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/torrent directory or whatever other directory you want to use. Once changes to config file you will need to restart transmission for the changes to take effect.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy46 View Post
    As long as you have a HDD in your PBO this script will work with medebo. What I don't know about is how stable it will be on that firmware since all my testing were done using P61 (BC16) firmware. I am not sure which realtek SDK medebo has been derive from but I believe it is SDK 3.0 which is the same as P61. I have been thinking about doing the same thing but I really like the IMS video feed provided by P61. I know that those can not be added to the medebo because I already tried. Static feed like rss news, weather .... text base IMS works fine on medebo but no video feed ..... at least in the first medebo release.
    I have tried it on latest Medebo. First it turned out that /opt is pointing at /usr/local/etc/opt which does not exists. I had to create one. Second (and more important) ipkg-cl does not exist there. I had to take it from official firmware and copy it in /usr/local/bin after remounting root directory for write access. Finally I have installed it.

PBO with Medebo hangs on 3 torrents and 450K download speed, 60 connections. After reboot I have discovered that the content of /usr/local/etc/rcS is completely screwed. After every single original line of code there is the following:

Code:
    ce -n 0 /opt/bin/transmission-daemon --config-dir /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/config --port 8080 --no-auth --download-dir /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/download --dht --peerport 51413 -a "*"
    #END CBT
    I guess since the above code is meaningless ('nice' became 'ce') the device was still able to boot up.

I have fixed my rcS , put proper command "nice -n ...." at the end and reboot the device. Unfortunately torrents didn't resume, although I found resume directory with proper files under .../transmission/config/resume directory. After re-uploading one of the torrents, it verified the local content and resumed the download of that torrent. Then I re-uploaded two remaining torrents. After few minutes, it stuck again

After reboot and manual start of transmission my torrents have restarted. This time I reduced global and torrent peer limits to 60 and 60 accordingly. By default it used to be 240 and 60. Let's see if it hangs this time.

P.S. I also noticed that "/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -d" does not seem reporting same settings as stored in /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/config/settings.json . Can anyone else verify that ?
    Last edited by tskitishvili; 12-11-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amowagou View Post
    This one looks a little nicer, but it does not support foreign language (Chinese) file names. Perhaps, I don't know how to enable it.
    It said it supports Chinese on the web. I have not tried it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    It said it supports Chinese on the web. I have not tried it myself though.
    Sorry,my bad. It is this one http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/ that does not support Chinese file names. It displays Chinese fine, but just won't accept Chinese torrent file names.

Certainly can just add the following lines in the transmission config file (/tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/config/settings.json:

"watch-dir": "/tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/torrent"
    "watch-dir-enabled": true

Of course you will have to create the /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/torrent directory or whatever other directory you want to use. Once changes to config file you will need to restart transmission for the changes to take effect.
    Thank you Snappy46. Now transmission can certainly replace btpd.

Quote Originally Posted by tskitishvili View Post
    I have tried it on latest Medebo. First it turned out that /opt is pointing at /usr/local/etc/opt which does not exists. I had to create one. Second (and more important) ipkg-cl does not exist there. I had to take it from official firmware and copy it in /usr/local/bin after remounting root directory for write access. Finally I have installed it.
    I forgot about that ..... yeah ipkg-cl does not exist on some of the latest firmware from ACRYAN as well as medebo apparently. I will modify the script to include installation of ipkg-cl if it does not exist when I have a chance.

ACRYAN has also started to include a /opt on their firmware which also points to (symbolic link) /usr/local/etc/opt but this directory is not present. I think it's time to consider /usr/local/etc/opt as the directory for optware installation vs /tmp/hdd/root/opt which can only exist if you have a HDD installed. More modification to do I guess.

Thanks for pointing that out tsk.

...More modification to do I guess.

Thanks for pointing that out tsk.
    Do you have any idea why rcS file got screwed by the installer ? Since it was screwed I added transmission command line there myself.
    Code:
    nice -n 0 /opt/bin/transmission-daemon --config-dir /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/config --port 8080 --no-auth --download-dir /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/BT --dht --peerport 55555 -a "*" --peerlimit-global 60
    I have modified the settings in command line and settings.json file accordingly to my liking.

But interestingly after reboot none of the torrents resume download/upload. I have either re-add them or stop transmission and restart by hand.

I managed to download 2 out 3 torrents using transmission overnight. As I said earlier the global peer count was set to 60. One of torrents failed with message "Resource temporary unavailable" and pointing at the file on the internal hard drive. So I wonder what might have happened with the file on the hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by tskitishvili View Post
    Do you have any idea why rcS file got screwed by the installer ? Since it was screwed I added transmission command line there myself.
    Code:
    nice -n 0 /opt/bin/transmission-daemon --config-dir /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/transmission/config --port 8080 --no-auth --download-dir /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1/BT --dht --peerport 55555 -a "*" --peerlimit-global 60
    It worked fine here when I tried the script so I have no idea why it would screwed up your rcS. I don't think it is the lenght of the command especially if you added the extra peerlimit; assuming you even did that to the script before you ran it; because it works fine on the command line. I think you are limited to 256 characters or is this a thing from the past..... not sure. If anyone else experience the same issue please let me know. tsk you are using medebo right ????

Quote Originally Posted by tskitishvili
    But interestingly after reboot none of the torrents resume download/upload. I have either re-add them or stop transmission and restart by hand.

I managed to download 2 out 3 torrents using transmission overnight. As I said earlier the global peer count was set to 60. One of torrents failed with message "Resource temporary unavailable" and pointing at the file on the internal hard drive. So I wonder what might have happened with the file on the hard drive.
    tsk are you downloading your torrent to the HDD or a USB drive. I did some experimenting today and transmission since to have issues downloading to my USB drive; it fine when the download is fast but the USB HDD (WD) goes on standby is the download rate is too low and then when there are enough data and it tries to write to the disk I get an error because the drive is not quite ready at that time to receive data.