Thread: Slow wireless speed while transfering files

Hybrid View

Default Slow wireless speed while transfering files

Hi,

I have just purchased a Patriot Wireless 802.11n USB dongle. Two problems:

1. It forgets the wireless connection and I have to configre everytime I switch the PBO on.
    2. Why are the transfer speeds from PC to PBO's HDD so low (1-10KB/s)? Signal strength is 5-6 bars. I have tried using a USB extender cable to raise the dongle higher with no luck. I even tried to copy files to a USB stick still speed are to slow to transfer files.

Any recommendations?

Thank You guys!

UPDATE: firmware 61, bootcode 18.
    Last edited by s1ms; 11-21-2010 at 05:33 PM.

1- When you open the wifi profile press "Play" (to run it) instead of "Enter" (to edit settings).

2- 1~10k is not normal, try the basic troubleshooting use the adapter with a laptop in the very same area you are using the PBO and see what speeds you are getting.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO