Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible brick??

Default Possible brick??

Hi.

I have a big problem.
    I have bootcode 16.
    I installed the new beta firmware and it went fine.
    Now the movies started to make small stops like the pbo couldnt show the movie fast enough. The only way to show a good pic was using 1080I 60fps.
    Next thing the box wouldnt start with picture, it started with the 720*576 start picture, and then i made a stil pic with a pic that looks like at digital tv signal with poor signal. The only way now was using a composite cable and reset all settings, now the hdmi worked again, but only until a reboot, then the same again.
    I used fac reset, and the setting now went to -7 on the adjustmet settings.
    I rebooted and the screen show logo, and then black.

I have solded 2 wires on switch 3 on the mb, but i cannot make the machine go in stop mode with red ligt, it just start up with green.
    I have used a memstick format fat 32 p02 trying to force a reinstall, but the usb light on pbo dosent light up, so that dosent work.
    I can telnet into it using 192.168.0.9 but when i write kill -6 1 the connection is lost and nothing happens.

The pbo just restarts over and over, the logo is shown for 30-40 sec, then signal to tv is lost, few mins later it restarts and do the same.

I have power on my usb stick but pbo dosent take it.

I have now ordered the nokia serial usb cable to try and chance my bootcode, but i doubt it will help any.

Do you have any ideas what to do.
    Thx.
    Brian

I am not worried about the reduced brightness, I am worried about the restart every several minutes.

Read here to resolve the brightness issue (P61-Beta)
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

You can also try removing the configuration database file (since you can telnet to the box).
    Read here.

And unless its something physically wrong with the box, then clearing the flash using the nokia cable should fix your problem.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Cant do that mate i cannot even shut down the pbo using the remote.
    Thats why i want to try the usb to serial connecter, if i dosent work, iam afraid the pbo ends in the junk, and i bye a new AC Ryan the just lowered the price on that to 150$ and that 1 can use 3.5" disk drives.

But i hope it works, but i must admit i doubt it.

Didnt see your second post, i will try that in the morning, when i come to work

Just dont get why it does not accept my usb, i cant even see it in telnet, is there a way to mount the usb in telnet mode?
    Last edited by BrisseDK; 11-02-2010 at 07:07 PM.

You could try this if you have telnet access:
    http://mvixcommunity.com/showpost.ph...b0d635ee15054/

Have you tried more than one usb flash drive?

Thx i will try that 2 :-) Now champ fotball go lions :-)

SC: Yes 5 i think, none of them i taken by pbo but all shows act in the usblight :-(

UPDATE:

I got it working again with the serial cable!

Thx for helping out.

EDIT:

The box worked fine UNTIL i used the firmware called BETA-BC18-61 then it started to retstart over and over again and i had to use serial cable again.

MY PLAYER IS CALLED : MP:P020P01

Hope it will be fixed so i can have the new cool layout.

Brian
    Last edited by BrisseDK; 11-03-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrisseDK View Post
    UPDATE:

I got it working again with the serial cable!

Thx for helping out.

EDIT:

The box worked fine UNTIL i used the firmware called BETA-BC18-61 then it started to retstart over and over again and i had to use serial cable again.

MY PLAYER IS CALLED : MP:P020P01

Hope it will be fixed so i can have the new cool layout.

Brian
    If you have bootcode 16 has you mentionned on your first post then you should be using the BETA-BC16-61 not BETA-BC18-61. Here's the link: http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar...020BC16-61.zip

Good luck

Sorry, i upgradet to bootcode 23