Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Official PBO custom packs ..

Default Semi-Official PBO custom packs ..

Find here all the of the custom firmwares based on the official PM firmwares:
    - Firmwares based on P70R2
    - Firmwares based on P61
    - Firmwares based on P05-IMS
    Last edited by aasoror; 06-26-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Just a quick question aasoror: What's the difference between the P61 and P05-IMS series?

I haven't been around much lately - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by t0r0nt0 View Post
    Just a quick question aasoror: What's the difference between the P61 and P05-IMS series?

I haven't been around much lately - thanks!
    Mainly reworked GUI.
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Default P62

Will one also be made based on the new p62 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by tjadenw View Post
    Will one also be made based on the new p62 firmware
    well once PM shows us P62

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    well once PM shows us P62
    Yeah... still waiting waiting!!!

Find here all the of the custom firmwares based on the officia PM firmwares:
    - Firmwares based on P61
    - Firmwares based on P05-IMS
    Hello aasoror;
    I've installed one of the firmwares (P61-Beta-_(BC16+).mega.YT.4opt) and I see in the menu lots of feeds pointing to TV/video content /streams over the internet. Most of them - those I've taken the time to try - however, give an error: cannot play media - or something to this effect. I'm on the earliest version of the bootcode (16) and have not been successful to upgrade so far. I'm not sure if the error is due to the b/c or, some other issue? From those which worked /played, some stuttered (e.g. Disney channel). I have a DSL connection (Acanac), not that great in terms of speed. I can understand the stuttering, but what about the content which cannot be played?
    Thanks
    HG
    Last edited by hgeorges; 12-25-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hgeorges View Post
    Hello aasoror;
    I've installed one of the firmwares (P61-Beta-_(BC16+).mega.YT.4opt) and I see in the menu lots of feeds pointing to TV/video content /streams over the internet. Most of them - those I've taken the time to try - however, give an error: cannot play media - or something to this effect. I'm on the earliest version of the bootcode (16) and have not been successful to upgrade so far. I'm not sure if the error is due to the b/c or, some other issue? From those which worked /played, some stuttered (e.g. Disney channel). I have a DSL connection (Acanac), not that great in terms of speed. I can understand the stuttering, but what about the content which cannot be played?
    Thanks
    HG
    Its not a bootcode issue.
    xLive (metafeeds) contents would give you a "can't play media" error for several possible reasons:
    - links are outdated (no longer points to media).
    - links are geographically locked (wont work outside US, UK .. etc)
    - links to contents that are not compatible with the PBO (Metafeeds caters for several different media players so compatibility varies among them).

Now for stutter, that might be your provider's issue, how is YT via xLive or under IMS running for you ?

Its not a bootcode issue.
    xLive (metafeeds) contents would give you a "can't play media" error for several possible reasons:
    - links are outdated (no longer points to media).
    - links are geographically locked (wont work outside US, UK .. etc)
    - links to contents that are not compatible with the PBO (Metafeeds caters for several different media players so compatibility varies among them).

Now for stutter, that might be your provider's issue, how is YT via xLive or under IMS running for you ?
    Thanks much, aasoror;

I guess some worked some not - I have to try more (xLive); need time to discover everything... I went by the titles which captured my attention.

I will need to find out how to clean up those links which don't work, and keep only those relevant. Any suggestions?

On the same note, I pointed a internet browser to the PBO device address, and all I got is a cgi demo page (how to add two numbers). I've quickly browsed through the discussion here, and found out that I could point it to http://ip/mos.html, where I came across quite a few things, which I don't know how to use. In the services area all/most of the modules show "install" - which probably indicate that I should click that link to have them installed... But I'm not sure... I wanted to start with just the torrent client, but that is no longer available?

Any chance of making available a brief road-map (for those less knowledgeable, like me) on what to do after the installation of this megapack software?

Thank you,

Hg
    Last edited by hgeorges; 12-26-2010 at 01:52 PM.

Am I correct in assuming since I don't need a bootcode update, I could simply use the erase command by telnet to the PBO using the cables i've ordered and flash this pack to my PBO without freezing the box and using the SW3 switch workaround?

BTW my PBO is very new (in the last week), are there any changes I need to know as I've ordered the cables from ebay with the 4 wires included.