Here's how you can tell you've spent too much time in the Patriot Media Player forums.
1. You realize that a brick doesn't require mortar.
2. You know more about various CA-42 cables than even Nokia (and you've never owned a Nokia).
3. Your TV is off, your sound system is off, but the PBO is on and you're in another room on telnet.
4. You might now be conversant in Linux without ever having installed it as an OS.
5. You can talk about dumps and hardly anybody snickers.
6. BC stands for bootcode, not that other thing.
7. 16 is old .. 23 is young
8. Putty is your friend if hyperterminal isn't.
9. Shares aren't just about stocks.
10. You know more about the playon than most ryan owners.