PBO Wireless flakey
Hello, looking for help on the following issue(s) being faced by my PBO.
All issues are related to the Wireless Networking on the PBO. My wireless setup is as follows:
1. Router - Dlink - DI-624
2. USB Adapter - Monoprice USB Wireless Lan 802.11N1 1T2R Adapter
Generally the connection works well (without issues but slow) and I am able to stream movies, browse my PBO, etc. Issues are highlighted below.
1. When transferring movies to the PBO I get very slow transfer speeds (around 450KB/s). The connection also crapped out after transferring about 500MB of data. The symptom is that the PBO is on and I can locally browse files on PBO. But the PBO is no longer seen on the network and it's wireless connection is no longer working.
2. Same symptoms as above are experienced when I try and use Thumbgen to access the PBO HDD and generate moviesheets for movies which are already on the HDD.
Appreciate any help or support for solving the two problems:
1. Related to try and get better transfer speeds on the PBO
2. Connection crapping out on PBO.
I have to say that I had no luck with either the stock patriot wireless adapter nor the Airlink N adapter.
I gave up on using the wireless and went for a wireless bridge instead. It means hassling with setup and having a router thrown into the electronics mish-mash around the tv, but I have reliable fair speeds.
Some on here seem to have better luck than I with their wireless adapters, so you might comb through their tricks.