For firmware/bootcode version: See Remote Control
Firmware Update Instructions NOTE EDIT:0) Hook up composite cable if possible and watch progress over composite connection.FIRMWARE LIST
1) download firmware
3) copy "install.img" file to the ROOT directory of an EDIT: FAT32 FORMATTED USB drive ONLY.
4) Put USB drive into front usb port of Patriot Box Office
5) Go to SETUP -> SYSTEM -> SYSTEM UPDATE, & select SYSTEM UPGRADE
6) The screen will black out for about a few seconds until the update process initiates. The whole update process may reboot & resume, please DO NOT remove the usb drive UNTIL the screen goes back to the setup page.
[NOTE: SEE THE OFFICIAL THREAD: Update 10/13/2010: Patriot Box Office FIRMWARE LIST, for the latest firmware releases]
1. ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P01.rarPatriot's PBO product page
2. ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P02.rar - Nov 30, 2009
3. (Firmware "P03" was never released)
4. P04_Firmware.zip - Mar 6, 2010
5. P05_Firmware.zip - Apr 30, 2010 Bootcode 18 & up- wiil brick bootcode 16 pbo's.5a)ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P05-B Beta (Only for Bootcode 16)*
http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar....installer.zip - May 19, 2010
5b)ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P05-B Beta (Only for Bootcode 18 or higher)*
http://www.patriotmemory.com/softwar...20.install.zip - May 19, 2010
PBO English Manual
PBO GPL downlaod
To find out firmware / bootcode version:
From the Home (bootup) screen: on your remote, press the STOP button, let go, & then quickly press the PAUSE button. Brings up an info page, including your bootcode & firmware "system revision".
IF you have more difficulties flashing your firmware/find yourself unable to get pbo going try (aasoror's way):
- unplug power.
- remove any installed HDD.
- remove any network cables.
- remove the HDMI cable.
- connect composite RCA cables.
- get a freshly FAT32 formatted USB key, download P02 from firmware download page, get the install.img from the rar and add it to the root of the USB key.
- attach the USB key at the "front" USB port of the box.
- power up TV, switch to the proper input.
- plug power.
- and wait to see if your USB key led lights up indicating a firmware read.
- wait ... wait ... wait ..
- might want to repeat procedure several times until the box picks up.