View Poll Results: Knowing how easy it is, are you going to attempt a bootcode update on your own ?

Voters
207. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure.

153 73.91%
  • Never.

9 4.35%
  • Only as an unbricking attempt.

45 21.74%
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: PBO Bootcode Update (TFTPD/LAN Free) Under $6 and Under 666 Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by DinoO View Post
    Thanks Snappy for helping out.

I got to the Realtek> Command line

but....could not:

- Connect your PBO to your computer Ethernet port and manually assign an IP address and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to that port

I think i'm using the incorrect ip address from my PBO and Computer.

I could erease the existing Firmware. but having problems tranfering the .bin bootcode 18.

Im using the Putty and tptpd (not sure if running properly). I see a ip address on there. I put the .bin/audio/video/bootcode 0018.bin in the tptpd root folder that i ran the .exe.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 bit. I'm not savy on the IP stuff. I feel i'm close. I check the Ipconfig and found my Ipv4 address, subnet mask, default gateway addresses.

I also found the Ethernet Ip address in the ipconfig. Do i still need to manually change it?

Thanks
    I am not sure where you got the following information: - Connect your PBO to your computer Ethernet port and manually assign an IP address and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to that port

There aren't any requirement to established an Ethernet connection to your PBO to upgrade your bootcode. All communication is done through the serial connection through your USB to TTL converter. I suggest you review the first post in this thread.

Good Luck

I've been trying to update from bootcode 16 and can not get a workable HT session established. No matter how I set it up all i get is gibberish from the PBO. I'm using a usb to serial adapter and I can short the TX and RX pins and get my characters back but the PBO will not respond with anything but letters and symbols. I've tried all different port speeds and emulation types, including auto, as well as played with and even turned the buffers off.

Any ideas on what to do?

realized that RS232 does not work and I needed to use UART. Bought the adapter so we'll see when it gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.peters View Post
    I've been trying to update from bootcode 16 and can not get a workable HT session established. No matter how I set it up all i get is gibberish from the PBO. I'm using a usb to serial adapter and I can short the TX and RX pins and get my characters back but the PBO will not respond with anything but letters and symbols. I've tried all different port speeds and emulation types, including auto, as well as played with and even turned the buffers off.

Any ideas on what to do?
    I also Have bootcode 16, can I go directly to the last bootcode 23? or I need to step it to 18 then 20 so on...

Quote Originally Posted by aleza84 View Post
    I also Have bootcode 16, can I go directly to the last bootcode 23? or I need to step it to 18 then 20 so on...
    Yes you can go directly to bootcode23 they are not incremental.

Cheers!!!

Hi

I relly need help. My friend has bootcode 16 and tryed to use another firmware..
    I use serial to usnb and press esc to acces with hyperterminal. It boots fine and ends with "RTK rtc cannot work" I cant do anything in there. I have tryed to transfer bootcode 27 , with ymodem-g at it ends with "No response from remote system" i use the send file mode, hence to the problem taht i cant write in the command line.
    Can you please help me.

Thx

Brian

Спасибо большое за подробную инструкцию обновления буткода

Interesting; prior Nortel employee here and the post is obviously from a very good Ops/hardware tester with code experience with android I am not familiar with that language but outstanding boot-code work around. You are the master
    Feel The Need to Seed >TD<

Default Thank you aasoror! This method revived my Toshiba Stor.e TV+

I was able to revived my 1TB Toshiba Stor.e TV+ with the HyperTerminal method. I know my OLD 5 in 1 (UC-10) Cruiser Cable ( I used to mod sony ericsson phones) will come in handy someday. I am familiar with my cruiser cable's pinouts (RX, TX etc.) so i grabbed it and use it for serial connection. I installed Windows Xp via VirtualBox, and then played the guessing game with my toshiba mainboard. After several attempts I was able to connect the right pin assignments (TX, RX and Ground). Then I got this:

?hello world!
    5280 wai5t280 waiA~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A ~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A
    ~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A[HDMI]: Set I2C Speed = 100 kHz
    [HDMI]: Chk_HotPlug() TV is not connected.
    [HDMI]: Read_EDID abort, HDMI cable plug off.
    [HDMI]: TV is not connected.
    PAL logo

REALTEK ROM Monitor, Revision 0137.0202.0023.
    Copyright (c) Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - All Rights Reserved.

For a list of available commands, type 'help'.

Compilation time /version= Jul 24 2010 09:49:07 /0137.0202.0023
    MAC address = 00.11.22.c4.39.d7
    Processor Company ID/options = 0x01 (MIPS Technologies, Inc.) / 0x00
    Processor ID/revision = 0x93 / 0x78
    Endianness = Little
    Flash memory size = 256 MByte
    SDRAM size = 128 MByte
    First free SDRAM address = 0x800fab00

Press 'ESC' to Monitor mode
    Realtek> erase -m
    /Done
    Realtek>

This Thread saved my Stor.e TV+!

Well, I flashed Argosy firmware in my Stor.e TV+ and the result was a non-working remote control. Now I'm back with Traxdata firmware wich is al ot better than Toshiba, Mvix and Noontec.

Thank You Very Much!