Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: External DVD Player

Default External DVD Player

Can a external DVD player work, If pluged right into the USB port on the PBO ?
    Thank You for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by speedysteve View Post
    can a external dvd player work, if pluged right into the usb port on the pbo ?
    Thank you for your time.
    no .........

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    no .........
    It would work if he flashed it with the unlocked AC Ryan or Xtreamer firmware right?

Quote Originally Posted by Korbis View Post
    It would work if he flashed it with the unlocked AC Ryan or Xtreamer firmware right?
    Yes, but if one would buy the PBO merely to flash it, then better save oneself the trouble and buy AC Ryan or an Xtreamer to start with.

Yes, but if one would buy the PBO merely to flash it, then better save oneself the trouble and buy AC Ryan or an Xtreamer to start with.
    True but for most of us we are in desperate need to salvage some usefulness from this box as it has proven we just can't rely on Patriot's promises.

+1
    Ahhh, If I had only known then what I know now....

True but for most of us we are in desperate need to salvage some usefulness from this box as it has proven we just can't rely on Patriot's promises.
    But that poor guy didn't buy the box yet, why drag him into the mess ?!

But that poor guy didn't buy the box yet, why drag him into the mess ?!
    Hmm he didn't indicate that in his original message. I guess you're right if he hasn't purchased one yet by all means he should look at another product.

However if he did wanted an Xtreamer for example, it would save him a few bucks if he got a PBO(they're dropping in price) or a clone like the Hornettek which would be even cheaper and then flash it with Xtreamer firmware.

However if he did wanted an Xtreamer for example, it would save him a few bucks if he got a PBO(they're dropping in price) or a clone like the Hornettek which would be even cheaper and then flash it with Xtreamer firmware.
    Provided that we get the harmony remote control to work with the hacked Xtreamer firmware . Why its not working is something that is still beyond my comprehension.

Default May be helpful

I have both the PBO and Asus O!Play...they look to be the same to me as far as hardware and GUI. Some info on getting a DVD to work can be found here...(not sure if I can post a link but wil try) http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us

Hope that posting that is not a violation of this board. If so I am sorry.