Trying to get rid of these PS-100's
Perhaps you can help, Ive submitted a RMA for these drives with Aria and have asked for a suitable replacement that actually gets what is advertised, not getting very far yet....!
However I am trying to backup my current system (W7 x64 professional on 2 PS-100 32GB on RAID 0) and transport it to 2 WD 10k Raptors in RAID 0, im trying to use Acronis 10 Home to do this however once i have my image and swap the disks, i create the RAID array and then load Acronis which can only see the member disks and not the array? So the 2 disks are greyed out and canít be used. (Probably due to size as they are single disks)
Any suggestions? Anyone done this another way?
Sustained read/writes do not really matter on SSD's (at this point, unless they are horrid), don't use that as a basis of comparison. We want the random read/write speed. My HTPC has a 40GB Intel SSD that gets about 45mb/s sustained write, but the randoms are off the charts. Think about it... how many sustained, large data transfers are you going to be doing to a small SSD, let alone a 32GB one? Sustained transfer rates on SSD's is basically a giant marketing ploy, and it's why Intel kicks the crap out of everyone with their SSD lineup.
Joe- The reason your SSD's are getting a 5.9 WEI score is because of the lack of random write speed. The PS-100's are usually a bit slower on 4k writes than traditional 7200rpm drives. Even with my 40GB Intel getting 45MB/s sustained writes, the WEI score is still like 7.3.
Last edited by skidmark; 04-20-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Question To ......
Are we on Track for new Firmware release tomorrow? and if so what can we look forward to tomorrow as in what fixes it brings .
or has it failed Burn in Test?
.... End Transmission
Last edited by gunny2k9; 04-21-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Would the new firmware be released soon?
Can you provide any information on what the new firmware is to fix on these drives? (ie: TRIM, Performance issues?)
If the new firmware does not correct these issues (or fails testing) what is Patriot's action plan for the consumers involved with this case?
Can we please have conformation that this update is coming tommorow like we were all promised?
Give it a rest lads, If Ben could confirm its features and success, the firmware would be ready and out.
" Can you confirm that the firmware will be released tomorrow [even though its not finished testing yet] And can you confirm what features it [WOULD have IF it does pass, and all features work correctly]"
I know it all stems from justified frustration, but lets not get worked up without need.. I would expect an announcement on the 22nd, to say, pass / fail or just, test completed , analysing results, give us 24hrs etc.
Firmware will be up today.
I've confirmed it has been approved and ready for release.
Still waiting, but hopefully it solves ALL the problems and added TRIM support...