Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: PS-100 Official Update

Patriot Bob,

Thanks for working with me on this. I look forward to your response.

Spenser

Patriot Bob,

I got some time to test out the 3.04 firmware today. As you can see below, it has very good results.

I also, rechecked my 3.05 performance (in case something may have changed) and the result is still an unacceptable write rate of 12-15 MB/s.

Have you heard anything from the firmware team about what may be the issue?

Spenser

Quote Originally Posted by Spenser309 View Post

Have you heard anything from the firmware team about what may be the issue?

Spenser
    It's hard to say without looking at your particular drive. We know generally the drivers support for Linux is not there. I would recommend using the latest firmware that yields the best performance. I would go with 3.000 and 3.004.

It looks like 3.000 and 3.004 were more performance-oriented. 3.000 addressed some channel management issues from before and 3.004 improved the power cycling during use.

Version 3.011

Release Notes:
    1. Improves overall data transfer
    2. Optimizes drive for Linux compatibility Firmware update #3.005

Fixed Power cycling issue

Firmware update #3.004

Improved power cycling during read/write cycles
    MBR Disabled

Firmware update #3.000

Improved random read performance
    Improved random write performance
    Upgraded channel management

Firmware update #2.008

Firmware v2.006 doesn't support Active Protection feature in Lenovo laptops. Firmware 2.008 fixed it by enabling Active Protection identify bit.
    Some platforms had issue installing Windows 7 into SSD with firmware v2.006. The root cause is partial command will be NAK in background process and bank (0) is not loaded in PRAM. Firmware v2.008 has fixed this issue.
    Firmware v2.006 has power on and loading Windows XP issue with some NVIDIA chipsets. Firmware v2.008 fixed it by changing default setting to MDMA mode 2.
    In Apple Mac Book and Mac Book Pro, sometimes SSD with Firmware v2.006 will fail in reboot. Firmware v2.008 fixed this issue.

Hey Ben, VL, Bob!! Hope all is well w/ y'all.

Say, my 2 32GB SSD's have slowed to an unbearable pace. Not so much on the READ; BUT, the WRITE is way to slow for an OS and Cache. They are NOT Full either. They were at 48% Cappacity in RAID 0. I now have them as seperate Drives for Testing and Fixin'.

1. Would re-flashing the drives "Refresh them" if so Should I stay w/ 3.011? (I'm afraid it may have disabled TRIM or GC causing the drives to slow over time)
    2. Any other suggestions to Get these Drives running again.
    3. Suggested Block size for RAID 0? and Cluster Size for Format?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydeedz View Post
    Hey Ben, VL, Bob!! Hope all is well w/ y'all.

Say, my 2 32GB SSD's have slowed to an unbearable pace. Not so much on the READ; BUT, the WRITE is way to slow for an OS and Cache. They are NOT Full either. They were at 48% Cappacity in RAID 0. I now have them as seperate Drives for Testing and Fixin'.

1. Would re-flashing the drives "Refresh them" if so Should I stay w/ 3.011? (I'm afraid it may have disabled TRIM or GC causing the drives to slow over time)
    2. Any other suggestions to Get these Drives running again.
    3. Suggested Block size for RAID 0? and Cluster Size for Format?
    I just blew you guys up (Patriot support guys) with my own issues but I was using my 32gb drives as exactly this - host OS cache. Wondering if you guys could recommend base settings please?
    Cheers!