Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed to update Firmware?

Unhappy Failed to update Firmware?

ok, not a good day for me!, I tried to update my PS100 firmware as I noticed it was on firmware 2.006, so anyway it said "failed to boot jump", and then in Device Manager it says my PS100 is now called a SATABOOT ATA DEVICE it was also called SATABURN at one point. It says the device is working properly but there is no capacity for the SSD showing, it just says zero. I got this message too, "Firmware version NOT(V)ERx.xxx" Check selected device again!!! Continue to upgrade it? yes no". When I reboot my PC on my boot screen it says for my PS100 that it is now called SATABOOT FB02.020. How can I sort this out now as I can not seem to get the SSD to work now. Any suggestions welcomed, thanks. edit: Also I get these various messages, "AP-key NOT enable by DEVICE", "Bad Build Table", "Issue Set AP key comannd fail", "Got FW-Name not correctly!!! (FBO-DBR-DER/VER)-". I tried a different version firmware but I get the same as above. Am I doing something wrong or is my SSD failed?, it was working fine before I tried to update it, wish I had left it alone now!. Can I just put back the original firmware version. Any advice?. thanks.
    Last edited by F1REM0UTH; 07-25-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Hello,

Try flashing back (if you can) or reflash to the latest.

When running the software, make sure to right-click and run as admin.

Temporary disable any anti-virus or firewall when doing so.

Make sure the drive is in SATA port 1 and after the corresponding boot drive.

Let me know how it goes.

Thumbs up Yipee!, your help worked to fix my SSD's Failed Firmware Update!! ;)

ok, I turned off Firewall, switched off PC, connected SSD to SATA port 1 as second drive, switched PC back on, extracted the latest Firmware File(v3.005) that I had downloaded earlier, Run as Administrator, selected the SSD from the Pop up Menu and updated with new Firmware, switched Off PC when prompted, switched back on, and went into Disk management to initialize the SSD and give it its drive letter. The SSD is ok now and has been updated to the latest Firmware. I think I had run into problems before because I never connected my SSD as the second drive!, I did read to do this the first time on the Patriot download page for the Firmware but it never really sunk in what I had to do exactly, it was in the back of my mind when it went wrong though that I had not done something I was supposed to have done correctly. I really thought I had bricked my SSD!. Just one thing though and that is the SSD still has a different name from before, it is now called "SATATEST ATA Device" in the Device Manager, not sure what that means????, but apart from that it seems to be working fine. THANKS SO MUCH for your HELP and FAST reply, infact I'm chuffed to bits you helped me fix it. You are Awesome!.

Talking this new name SATATEST ATA Device, is it ok???????

hi, after updating the Firmware on my Patriot PS-100 32GB SSD the name of the device has changed, it is called "SATATEST ATA Device", is this supposed to happen and if not is this ok, is their anyway I can fix this so it changes to the correct name, if I was to reflash back to old Firmware would this possibly fix it and then I could update back to the latest Firmware again, and then hopefully my SSD should have its correct name back. I'm not certain but this issue of my SSD having the wrong name I think was most likely down to me updating the Firmware incorrectly last time, as mentioned above in my last Post I had not connected my SSD as the second drive, or to SATA port 1 in my case. If I'm going about this the wrong way please can someone advise me other wise, I mean the SSD may be fine with the new name but it sure doesn't sound correct to me!, what is with the name anyway SATATEST ATA Device?????. Thank you for any help.

Can you try re-flashing it to the 3.011 firmware? This should be the latest version.

The firmware may have not completed correctly, but if you are able to see a volume and use the drive normally, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Default Updated to 3.011, no probs, still called SATATEST ATA Device????, but works ok.

hello, yeh I didn't see that other Firmware update the latest version 3.011, I didn't know that there was a newer version out!, so I just wrongly assumed that v3.005 was the latest!. When I checked back on the Patriot Firmware update page I noticed the new update version at the top of the list, I completely missed it before. So anyway I updated with the newest Firmware 3.011, it went fine first time, no probs. My SSD is working ok, I tested it out by installing a Game on it and running it, to be honest I can't really tell if the performance is better or worse for the update as of yet, as long as it works that is fine with me, I just wanted to update the SSD to the latest Firmware, and so I have. The name did not change back though?, don't know if it was supposed to?, the SSD is still called SATATEST ATA Device, but apart from that it says it has the latest update and appears in Disk Management etc. (as for not seeing that new Firmware update, I think I need glasses)

I was playing game I had installed on the SSD and 30mins in I got a "Blue Screen", never had one of those before, could this be anything to do with the SSD?. Anyway I thought I'd check out HDtune's free 15 day trial to see if the SSD was ok, I removed the partition so I could check the Write speed: Read average 207.9MB/s, Access time 0.272ms. Write average 68.2MB/s, Access time 9.06ms. I'm not sure if that is good or what?, I think it is ok, not bad anyway. edit: I think the "Blue Screen" could have been caused by my PSU kettle lead not being push in correctly into the back of my PC, (from when I reformatted the SSD). I say this because when I went to switch my PC on this morning it wouldn't Start up, so I checked my PSU lead and pushed it in hard to make sure it was in- my PC fired up.
    Last edited by F1REM0UTH; 07-27-2011 at 06:24 AM.

After you flashed the firmware, did you clone the partition onto the drive? Or was this a fresh install? If possible we recommend doing a fresh install, just to be on the safe side.

Can you run a default-test with ATTO and let us know what you get?

No no, it was a fresh install, this is the first time I have ever put anything on it, oh apart from when I installed Vista on it but gave up up on that and formatted it. I then used the SSD for Readyboost for a about 2 weeks and noticed the SSD was on the v2.002 Firmware (or something very similar), so decided to update, but I never had the SSD as my second drive (so that I presume is what buggered it up), so sorted that and then I installed the wrong Firmware v3.005, so changed that to the latest, but since the first update that Failed the SSD is called SATATEST ATA Device. I just installed the Game on it to see if the SSD was working ok, and it seems ok, but to be honest I wouldn't know for certain if it is ok or not. Anyway I'll download ATTO, I was reading about that last night actually, but yeh the Game was a Fresh Install by itself, just the Game and there was nothing else on the SSD.
    Last edited by F1REM0UTH; 07-27-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Do you have the latest drivers installed? I would check the mobo manufacturer's site for the latest chipset, sata, lan drivers and latest bios flash.

Also check your Video Card manufacturer for the latest graphics drivers as well. If the blue screen happened during a game, it could be a video card drivers issue.