Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PS-100 Official Update

Default PS-100 Official Update

Dear Valued Customers,

We are aware of the current performance issues some of you are having with your PS-100 drives at the moment. We want you to know that we are making every effort to improve the random write performance of the drive as well as allow for the drive to support trim. During the course of the last few months, our Engineers have been working around the clock to get a firmware ready for public release.

We realize that this is a time sensitive matter as most of you have waited long enough. We want you to know that all of your complaints and suggestions, through overall accumulated frustration are being heard, and that no one is being “ignored.” Our main channel through support is via e-mail which are usually answered within 2 business days.

We thank you for your patience. As soon as we have a solution, you all will be the first to know. We will have a solution for the PS-100 available for our customers one way or another.

Regards,
    Patriot Memory

I sent three e-mails to RMA and Tech support department with request to send the drive for a refund (and I received confirmations that all three e-mails were opened and read by recipient).
    I received NO answer within promised 2 days.

I received NO answer to my question here (in a dedicated thread) as well.

Are there any other options to get Patriot attention and finally get an answer?
    Last edited by genpix; 04-07-2010 at 09:04 PM.

genpix,

When did you send the e-mail? Was it to support@patriotmem.com?

Is your email you sent it from the same as your registered e-mail address? (Hotmail)

first e-mail was addressed to support@patriotmem.com
    I got a reply (it was from ****@patriotmem.com; I use **** instead of name).

I send a reply to ****@patriotmem.com (and CC: to RMA@patriotmem.com) with this question.

Should I send my request to support@patriotmem.com (instead of ****@patriotmem.com)?

PS: and no, I don't use hotmail address (I know that hotmail can filter messages and put them into junk folder).
    I use my business address ****@genpix-electronics.com

Hey genpix,

According to one of the support reps, an email was sent to your ****@genpix-electronics.com on Monday at 11:28AM.

update:
    finally, I got the e-mail answer (5:03PM PST, April 7th).

My question was:
    Can I return my PS-100 SSD for a refund?
    I can enclose my Fry's Electronics receipt (I bought the drive last
    November; and I can not return it back to the store).
    The answer I received is:
    I am sorry to hear that you couldn't get the product to work. Please return the drive to your retailer for a refund.

Should I really wait for 2 days to receive such kind of answer?!

Ben,
    do you have real people behind this e-mail box, or do you have a simple auto-reply script (which even does not understand the question)?

If it's just a script, why do I need to wait for 2 days?
    If the answer is sent by a real person, can this person read?

Default Thank you

I appreciate an official response. That was the most frustrating part of the whole situation. I will wait patiently.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    We will have a solution for the PS-100 available for our customers one way or another.
    I assume one of the "solution" is a permanent fix. Could you tell us what the "another" means? I am regretting getting this drive since I found out about the performance issue. I know I paid a lot less for a SSD drive compared with others on the market, but the performance is not as advertised. Could you clarify whether this other option is a refund or free upgrade, and if so, when that is likely to happen? Some kind of time-frame would be useful for us, as it would be something to look forward to...

A frustrated customer

Quote Originally Posted by radio91p View Post
    I appreciate an official response. That was the most frustrating part of the whole situation. I will wait patiently.
    +1 i totally agree

Hello Patriot_Ben,

Thank you for setting up this sticky. I have a couple of questions if you could answer them, it would be appreciated.

1. Is there an ETA on the next firmware/fix for these drives?

2. Would the next firmware/fix correct performance issues that many consumers are experiencing?

3. Should the next firmware/fix not correct performance issues, would there be any type of reimbursement or offer to upgrade to a different series of drives that Patriot offers?

I work for a large company in the IT department that tests several hardware components for future technology refreshes for corporate staff, so I can understand the process may take some time to put an action plan in place.