Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I bricked my media box.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default I bricked my media box.

    what should I do?
    just got it last week.

    can I send it back for exchange or repair? I got it from tigerdirect.ca btw.

    and I already sent in my MIR.

    "Rebates and UPC codes

    Products offering mail-in-rebates are non-returnable to TigerDirect.ca once the rebates have been filed for. Be sure that the product is working and that you intend to keep the product before filing for rebates. Products missing UPC codes are NOT returnable and will be rejected or subject to a restocking fee at TigerDirect.ca's sole discretion."

    thanks!
    Last edited by obsidian604; 04-02-2010 at 11:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian604 View Post
    what should I do?
    just got it last week.

    can I send it back for exchange or repair? I got it from tigerdirect.ca btw.

    and I already sent in my MIR.

    "Rebates and UPC codes

    Products offering mail-in-rebates are non-returnable to TigerDirect.ca once the rebates have been filed for. Be sure that the product is working and that you intend to keep the product before filing for rebates. Products missing UPC codes are NOT returnable and will be rejected or subject to a restocking fee at TigerDirect.ca's sole discretion."

    thanks!
    Sorry about your troubles. In order for us to help you please tell us more - how do you know it is bricked? What did you do EXACTLY when whatever happened to it happened?

    Also, see the thread on unbricking your PBO aka upgrading from bootcode 16 to 18. Requires a few items from e-bay but not too expensive.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    I tried to upgrade to a new firmware, but then my screen went blank, I waited a few minutes, still no response, so I restarted the box manually. and then the next time I tried starting up, it was stuck at the welcome menu.

    am I able to get Patriot to repair this? I am not very good with techies...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian604 View Post
    I tried to upgrade to a new firmware, but then my screen went blank, I waited a few minutes, still no response, so I restarted the box manually. and then the next time I tried starting up, it was stuck at the welcome menu.

    am I able to get Patriot to repair this? I am not very good with techies...
    There is a reason MIR is valid for a month after the purchase date.

    You can RMA the box, you will need to pay for one way shipment though.

    Any ways, you can give it one more shot here is what you need to do.
    - unplug power.
    - remove any installed HDD.
    - remove any network cables.
    - remove the HDMI cable.
    - connect composite RCA cables.
    - get a freshly FAT32 formatted USB key, download P02 from firmware download page, get the install.img from the rar and add it to the root of the USB key.
    - attach the USB key at the "front" USB port of the box.
    - power up TV, switch to the proper input.
    - plug power.
    - and wait to see if your USB key led lights up indicating a firmware read.
    - wait ... wait ... wait ..
    - might want to repeat procedure several times until the box picks up.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    There is a reason MIR is valid for a month after the purchase date.

    You can RMA the box, you will need to pay for one way shipment though.

    Any ways, you can give it one more shot here is what you need to do.

    WOW!!!!! thanks!!!!! it works again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obsidian604 View Post
    WOW!!!!! thanks!!!!! it works again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!
    No problem,
    Enjoy your PBO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    504

    Default




    ...........

  8. #8

    Default

    Trying this now 1.05 bricked me.

    1.02 link
    http://patriotmemory.com/software/Bo...MPBO25-P02.rar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Firmware reset

    Hello. I tried the unplug with USB thumbdrv and powered up PB. I tried to do system upgrade with beta for v16. I also get the vertical rolling screen. I download ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P02 and put the img file on the thumbdrv. The power light comes on, but I have tried several times to unplug and power up, but do not see the USB light come on. Is there any way to reset the firmware, if you cannot see the menu? I have this box for 4 months. I thought by updating the firmware, I could see HD digital files without flickering.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayamon39 View Post
    Hello. I tried the unplug with USB thumbdrv and powered up PB. I tried to do system upgrade with beta for v16. I also get the vertical rolling screen. I download ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P02 and put the img file on the thumbdrv. The power light comes on, but I have tried several times to unplug and power up, but do not see the USB light come on. Is there any way to reset the firmware, if you cannot see the menu? I have this box for 4 months. I thought by updating the firmware, I could see HD digital files without flickering.
    Check here ..
    best of luck
    [*]Still new..? check the wiki. [*]Your shares gone for no reason ? Create a machine shortcut. [*]Trashing the G-adapter? upgrade cheaply to N. [*]Getting the hang of it? get organized .. add share shortcuts. [*]Getting sick of it ? it never hurts to rant here [*]Wishing for the time machine? give your PBO a makeover. [*]Bricked it while doing so ? unbrick it for $5[*]Not into cross flashing? keep it semi-official [*]Too lazy to read all that ? you asked for it.[*] Thank U PBO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •