Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: other firmware on PBO

Quote Originally Posted by DeanN View Post
    5. I'm interested in srt support: SRT support in Playon goes up 20 languages (English, French, Spanish,German, Russian, Italian, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Hebrew,Hungarian, Slovak, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese). Arabic is not supported. However one guy in their forum makes the Playon supports Arabic SRT UTF-8 subtitle by replacing Arial Unicode font in the Playon by Arial Unicode font from Windows XP (interesting!)
    Yup thats a common trick for most realtek firmwares (reported to work for Xtreamer, PlayON and O!Play), the ttf files to be replaced are located in "usr\local\bin\Resource", the problem is for some reason, the PBO (P02/P04) doesn't have any ttfs there, the ttfs are placed in "usr\local\bin\Resource\CC_Font" and they are the following fonts:

- Courier10 BT Roman
    - Oranda BT Roman
    - LettrGoth12 BT Roman
    - TiresiasScreenfont
    - MisterEarl Lt BT Light
    - Kaufmann BT
    - CopprplGoth BdCn BT Bold

The thing is, these all seems to be English fonts, I have no idea where they are being used. Next where is the "Turkish, Hungarian, Hebrew .. etc" languages font files ..? the PBO uses these fonts as its supposed to support their subs.

The list of latest unlocked firmwares:
    http://www.medion-portal.de/topic316.html

Xtreamer 2.3.1:
    http://ul.to/mtvrfs

AC.Ryan Playon! HD r3615:
    http://ul.to/guq3zi

Astone AP-110:
    http://ul.to/8bisvo

Fantec MM FHDL:
    http://ul.to/sawgbm

Icybox IB-MP305A:
    http://ul.to/dirqty

Ferguson Ariva 110 HD:
    http://ul.to/f9b2g4

Image unpack.
    install.img copy fat32 stick.
    stick in the player.

wait until everything is through
    Last edited by tskitishvili; 04-17-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aasoror View Post
    Yup thats a common trick for most realtek firmwares (reported to work for Xtreamer, PlayON and O!Play), the ttf files to be replaced are located in "usr\local\bin\Resource", the problem is for some reason, the PBO (P02/P04) doesn't have any ttfs there, the ttfs are placed in "usr\local\bin\Resource\CC_Font" and they are the following fonts:

- Courier10 BT Roman
    - Oranda BT Roman
    - LettrGoth12 BT Roman
    - TiresiasScreenfont
    - MisterEarl Lt BT Light
    - Kaufmann BT
    - CopprplGoth BdCn BT Bold

The thing is, these all seems to be English fonts, I have no idea where they are being used. Next where is the "Turkish, Hungarian, Hebrew .. etc" languages font files ..? the PBO uses these fonts as its supposed to support their subs.
    Yae, you're right, the font structure in PBO is different from Asus O!Play and AC Ryan Playon. All of them as the image file has arial.ttf (140K) at root level, but when go down to usr\local\bin\Resource, the Playon has ARIALUNI.ttf (21.8M) meanwhile there's no font in the O!Play and 2 font directories in the PBO (CC_FONT and TT_FONT). In CC_FONT you have 7 ttf fonts with sizes around 50-70K (thank you, aasoror, you figured out the names of these fonts, but noway those fonts represent unicode); and in TT_FONT there are raw files and a mystery to me.
    Now, the Playon has arial unicode font which is well located, it's smart to fulfill universal SRT subtitle support. Then, where is the font in the O!Play? I couldn't find it! And font structure in the PBO is really a messy one!

Oh, I speculate the font is embedded in the vcp (uEGJBK-VISCII_R04.vcp in the O!Play and uEGB.vc# in the PBO)

Now, the Playon has arial unicode font which is well located, it's smart to fulfill universal SRT subtitle support. Then, where is the font in the O!Play? I couldn't find it!
    According to O!Play forums (post 7) ..
    2. If you have firmware 1.07, replace /usr/local/bin/Resource/cwheib.ttf
    3. If you have firmware 1.11 & 1.13, replace /usr/local/bin/Resource/WenQuanYiZH.ttf
    Xtreamer seems to follow that as well (just extracted latest firmware yafss to confirm)
    Oh, I speculate the font is embedded in the vcp (uEGJBK-VISCII_R04.vcp in the O!Play and uEGB.vc# in the PBO)
    I am not sure about the Realteks but WDTV seems to use this font for OSD and not for subs.

I found interesting link which explains how to setup the web interface to control your device from a browser. The solution uses pipes to send the commands listed above by aasoror to dvdplayer application.

One guys on mpcclub forum suggesting to write a script which catches IR codes from /dev/venus_irrp device and sends keyboard buttons to DVDPlayer via same pipe mechanism.

I also found on some other forum that:
    ...after stopping the DvdPlayer by using stopall, remote controller events are accessible via /dev/venus_irrp. That is, simply typing cat /dev/venus_irrp reports some bytes for each button pressed on the IR remote controller.
    ... although it didn't work for me as described.

Any linux guru willing to try it ? If that works then we will be able to use PBO remote control with any unlocked firmware.
    Last edited by tskitishvili; 04-10-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sergejk View Post
    so i did update my PBO with xtreamer 231 but even logitech harmony wont work ..any ideas?
    You can always try that:http://adicon.lahost.org/2010/01/07/...emote-command/

I haven't try that personally (One of my to do list when I get bored). See if that help any.
    Last edited by snappy46; 04-10-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbis View Post
    Tried out the unlocked AC Ryan firmware(v7.0.6 r3643) ....

BTW; the Power toggle button function in the Harmony remote can turn off the unit but can't turn it back on. Had to turn on/off the rocker switch at the back of the PBO.
    Quote Originally Posted by noiseblocker View Post
    Turn on works with the original remote
    That's even better !!! When device has just Power toggle button, it's a pain to program/use activities on universal remote controls !

So if we install AC Ryan on PBO we can finally program universal remote with Power Off (AC Ryan power toggle button) and with Power On (PBO original power toggle button). All we need to do is just add AC Ryan to device list of universal remote and then to teach one function Power On using original remote.
    Last edited by tskitishvili; 04-10-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Thumbs up

OK!
    I have finally made cable and succesfully "erase -m" my PBO.
    According to the LINK

Now i can go ahead and try other firmwares

Brgds,
    S.
    Last edited by sergejk; 05-01-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sergejk View Post
    btw ... what is YAMJ and how can i use it ? any experienced users?
    This is YAMJ

This is how to use it.