NAS access from computer
Iím another average computer guy who doesnít know that much.
Iím running WIN XP and did not have any problems setting up Corza as a file server for home network. Everything was OK as long as I did not shut my computer . Now I can not access ďadminĒ part of HD. I can access drive thru web browser, but file explorer is asking me for password . Iím putting same password as admin in web page, but it is not working . Just wonder Ė do we have some other password in the system for access admin part??????
I did go thru all settings and can not come up with anything. Any help will be appreciated.
Some things to try:
1) Make sure you have set up the NAS to be in the same workgroup/domain as the other machines on your network. You'll know if you can see it in My Network Places.
2) Try resetting the admin password. Login to the NAS from a browser, click on Users and Groups, click on admin from the list, and change the password and save, and log back out and try again.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for help - won't work.
1. I can see drive in file explorer, I can access guest part of it.
2. I did change password thru browser - still NG.
Sorry if I'm not that much help, but I pretty much describe myself the same way you described yourself in your first post: an average computer guy. I bought the NAS because I wanted a relatively inexpensive device with large storage space to put my media on. I ended up with the Corza because of the price. It is as far from plug and play as you can get, but I was determined to get it to work, and thought it would do me some good to understand how do use a linux based device.
I was having the same issue you are having when I first set it up. Every time I would click on the "folders" in the NAS a username/pw screen would pop up, and sometimes I could get it to give me access, and sometimes I couldn't. After I made sure the NAS was in the same work group as my other computers, the problem seemed to clear up. I still have to type in the username and pw which is annoying, but at least I can get in. It just seems like we ought to be able to give permission one time and be done with it. Evidently that's not the case with Linux devices.
I pulled this from the Corza - Compiled General Info Post:
Open My Computer
- Type in \\corza-nas\ or \\<whatever you named your corza>\
- It should show you the folders you shared w/o having to log in
- If you try to access a folder, it will ask for a username/password or just let you in, depending on how you set the share.
Hopefully this helps.
Sorry for being quiet, lost all mail in mailbox.
Nothing is working, I have checked everything I could, network name, userID, password, access setup and still can not get to patr hiddeng by password. Guest part is OK, no problem there -"admin on CORZA-NAS (corza-nas)" this part is locked out.
I am having the same issue now. Why I cannot access the admin folder as I used to? Same workgroup, have updated admin password through the Patriot browser..nada!