Problem with streaming MP3 Files
i own the Gear Box for a few days now. I want it to stream my Movies and MP3's to my PS3, and furthermore the MP3's should be streamed to my Terratec Noxon Webradio. Here is what happens:
- Movies are streamed correctly to my PS3
- MP3's are not seen on my PS3 (PS3 stops with an DLNA Error Message)
- Correct amount of MP3's is shown my Terratec Noxon, but only the first 50 Files ca be scrolled. Then it starts from the 1st MP3 again.
Here is what i did:
- created a folder "MOVIES" for Movies
- created a folder "MUSIC" for MP3 Files
- updated Firmware to 1.27 (tried FAT32 & NTFS)
- tried 3 different external HDD's (80 GB Toshiba / 200 GB Seagate / 500 GB Seagate)
- UPNP is activated in Router Menu (Netgear WGR614 V7)
To check if there is an Error regarding to any of my Devices i tested streaming the same Media with my Laptop and TVersity Media Server. There occured no Error, the MP3's are streamed correctly to my PS3 and Terratec Noxon.
Hopefully there is a solution for this as i really want to keep the Gear Box at home. I like the idea that is behind this Product, and it is something i was really looking for since i want to share media in my home.
I did some more testing yesterday evening. I have around 9000 MP3 Files in one Folder on my HD. With that amount of Files the descriped problem occurs. Dividing the Files into different folders doesn't solve the problem. Reducing the amount to 100 solved it. So it seems the Gear Box can noot handle big amounts of Files. The question is now "What is the maximum of Files the Gear Box can handle?" Any reply from the developers to this?
Ditto. iTunes server is a joke - you can, however, manually add files from Gearbox share directly to iTunes. Initial import time will be really long, but then it will be quite snappy (because the library will be loaded from your local disk, not Gearbox itunes server).
working on a fix right now.. sorry for the delay guys.
hopefully by next week we will update the fix!
Two weeks gone by and no solution in sight. Come on guys, give us a little progress statement about the update.