Thread: Control Box Office via Browser or Telnet

Default Control Box Office via Browser or Telnet

I was wondering if anyone knew how to play movie files via telnet.

It would also be cool if there was some API to control the interface via a socket or a built in webpage. I'd also like to make a iPhone app to control this bad boy over wifi.

The Box Office has no buttons so without the remote your kinda screwed.
    Last edited by kingofl337; 01-04-2010 at 04:39 AM.

+1

I'm terrified of losing my remote.

I registered to the forum simply for this thread. I do not currently own a PBO. But I would buy 10 of them if I could control via a web interface and can control it without having the TV on. This is my favorite feature of XBMC and would love to see PBO do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by trip42 View Post
    I registered to the forum simply for this thread. I do not currently own a PBO. But I would buy 10 of them if I could control via a web interface and can control it without having the TV on. This is my favorite feature of XBMC and would love to see PBO do something similar.
    I think the codes are there waiting to be found. if someone would just kill and restart the Dvdplayer application via telnet (which would be blocking) you can try the keys .. will be very similar to Xtreamer which is based on a similar chipset (check the "other firmware on the PBO" thread).
    Last edited by aasoror; 02-25-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofl337 View Post
    It would also be cool if there was some API to control the interface via a socket or a built in webpage.
    What I'd like to see is the implementation of the UPnP Media Renderer interface - that way, if you have a standard UPnP control point you can control the device from it.

However, I have yet to see ANY of the various UPnP client devices implement the rendering target functionality.

Default Find anything yet?

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but I've been scouring these forums and google for the past week trying to get an answer to the initial question. Is there a way to start a movie via a command? I would love to create a web/cgi interface that allows you to see all your media on, say an iPhone, and tap on a movie and have it play on your tv.

Thanks.

man, i actually thought someone had the answer in this thread.

on to the next search result :-\