Thread: Corza - Compiled General Info

Default Corza - Compiled General Info

Will someone create a general sticky. With general passwords and standard know how. Instead of all of the stupid mum bo jumbo.

Torrent: User name -mysql or admin
    Torrent: Password -123456 or admin

New Firmware release
    Patriot Corza Firmware: Patriot v1.51: Corza_Firmware_v1.51_update
    Fix Language Encoding issue
    Fix Network detection issue
    Fix FAT format USB Drive detection issue

Thanks to RJD22
    Bittorrent Fix

If you log into your bittorrent panel and go to:
    admin -> settings
    you will see that you need to define a python path there. If the light behind it is red change it from:
    /usr/bin/python to /usr/local/bin/python

If you save your settings and the light turns green it should work.

Aaron R.
    To get upnp to work (aka stream to xbox)
    3) Install UPnP software (UPnP.bz2).
    http://rapidshare.com/files/290071395/UPnP.bz2.html

Also keep in mind thats Windows media Center can see you Corza nas once upnp is installed.
    Video files need to go in to /mnt/md1/videos
    If the folder videos isn't there make it.
    Setup you xbox to see it
    then on xbox go to pictures and videos

Topspin
    This is for the itunes music server
    Itunes
    Place all files, mp3 if you like
    Public -> Music
    If I place them somewhere else it will not work.

Now we need to figure out how to make playlist?

Onosqv
    Drive Issues
    Open My Computer
    - Type in \\corza-nas\ or \\<whatever you named your corza>\
    - It should show you the folders you shared w/o having to log in
    - If you try to access a folder, it will ask for a username/password or just let you in, depending on how you set the share.

Exclamation Things I bumped into while bringing up my Corza

1. Do not use WD non-"RE" drives in a RAID configuration (at least until the tech support folks can tell us whether the drives will cause issues). See Beware of using WD non-"RE" drive in RAID configs for details.

2. It was completely unclear to me from reading the documentation, but the Corza is set up by default to receive an IP address from DHCP -- if you plug it into your DHCP-enabled router, it will get a valid IP address in your network. If you run the "Corza_setup.exe" utility (on the distribution CD or download from the Product Support page), it will find the Corza in your network and allow you to do basic configuration. During configuration, I suggest that you set a known, fixed IP address, so that you always know where the Corza lives in your network. Type that IP address into your web browser following configuration, and you will get the Web GUI interface.

3. If you can only see "Basic" on the black menu bar in the Web GUI, move your mouse to the right. For some reason, it seems that the text color for a non-active menu is black, so that you cannot see other options. They're there, you just can't see 'em.

4. After basic configuration, format the drives before doing any more detailed configuration. If you plan on using a RAID1 configuration, format both drives together using the "RAID Setting" menu. If you do not format the drives, there will be no place to save the detailed configuration data.

5. Upgrade to the most current FW image (currently v1.51B) immediately. If you do not do this now, and you want/need to do so later, you will need to back up all of your data, delete it, upgrade the FW and then restore your data. Some users have complained about the fact that data that was resident on the disk during FW upgrades cannot be deleted after the upgrade. My opinion: upgrade your FW before putting any real data on the box.

6. Disable any SW firewall that you may have in place (Windows Firewall, Norton, Zone Alarm, other products) while attempting to upgrade FW or install SW. If you do not, the installs will not happen. See Disable any SW firewalls before upgrading FW/SW for details.

7. The "Turn off" button on the "Turn Off Server" link does not shut down the Corza. What appears is a shutdown screen that continues to count time forever (well, for 58m55s, at least. ). To shut down the server, you must turn off the power switch.

It would be great if the tech support folks would provide some details as to whether this is OK, or if there is a real issue where the file system is not properly saved prior to cutting power. I know that Linux FSs are much better behaved than back in the old days, but a clean shutdown (or a better message) isn't too much to ask for.

Incidentally, the re-start functionality works fine.

I hope that reviewing the list above will keep other users from going through the pain that I went through in getting my Corza up & running.

I will try to update this list if/when it makes sense or if other issues arise.

Good luck!
    /dzmyth.
    Last edited by dzmyth; 12-22-2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzmyth View Post
    [LIST=1]
    [*]The "Turn off" button on the "Turn Off Server" link does not shut down the Corza. What appears is a shutdown screen that continues to count time forever (well, for 58m55s, at least. ). To shut down the server, you must turn off the power switch.

It would be great if the tech support folks would provide some details as to whether this is OK, or if there is a real issue where the file system is not properly saved prior to cutting power. I know that Linux FSs are much better behaved than back in the old days, but a clean shutdown (or a better message) isn't too much to ask for.

/dzmyth.
    I have the same thing happen when using firefox. But if I switch to IE, a message window does pop up after a few minutes telling u its ready to shut down.

Hi
    By reviewing the review list will keep other users from going through the pain that I went through in getting my Corza up & running.
    But i am glad its working just fine