Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slow or Choppy 1080p - is it just me?

Default Slow or Choppy 1080p - is it just me?

I get slow or choppy 1080p.

This is random and not all the time.

I am playing my video from internal laptop drive. 100gb 7200rmp. I also tested the 320GB 7200rpm drive i have.

Playback is not perfect, it slows down and gets choppy at random.

To recover i just hit PAUSE on the remote, and PLAY. maybe it allows the buffer to full back up?

Any one see slowdown in 1080p video? (ANY CODEC!!)

If you can provide us a short sample of a problematic file, we can tell you if it's because of the file or the Patriot.

How to cut a small piece of your video?
    1) get mkvtoolnix from here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix

2) after installing start "mkvmerge GUI".
    3) load your file and go to the "Global" tab.
    4) check "enable splitting", "after this size" = 100M and "max number" = 1.
    5) start muxing

This will make a 100 MBytes file which you should upload somewhere.

Over the weekend I performed a BR ISO test over the network, and it was a little choppy. This does not surprise me as the PBO has 10/100 ethernet.
    All my MKV files play fine and i have no issues with them.

Is this an MKV you are playing or a BR ISO?

Default 10/100 ethernet should be fine for BD ISO

10/100 ethernet should be fine for BD ISO, there is something wrong with the PBO network card. The max bitrate of a BD is 40 Mbit/s.

I think the network speeds the PBO is reporting are inaccurate and do not reflect the speed that it is utilizing.
    Also when i was streaming the BR ISO over the network the LAN LED was a solid colour.

I'm getting pixelation (blue and green blocks) issues when running ANY 1080p movie, also occasional freezing. I have it hooked into a gigabit switch w/ cat5e cable so speeds should be streaming fine. Changing resolution to 780p resolves the issue so presuming the pbo nic is to blame.

If connect PBO with Gigabit router to do the file transfer,for sure picture speed will be smooth and pixilation problem should be solved.(i had already try it!)But R/FForward will only get 2x,this is another issues Patriot should looking at!:

Not resolving issue for me, it's currently connected to gigabit router w/ cat5e and still having pixelation issues. Verified laptop is getting gigabit connection through same connection. Does running 1080p 60hz vs 1080p 24hz have any effect?

It appears to be smoother at 1080p 24hz when watching 1080p. I too run it 100. I guess the less frames it renders, the smoother the 1080p output would be. Most movies and videos are encoded less than 30fps typically, i believe. someone correct me on that if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyface66 View Post
    If you can provide us a short sample of a problematic file, we can tell you if it's because of the file or the Patriot.

How to cut a small piece of your video?
    1) get mkvtoolnix from here:
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix

2) after installing start "mkvmerge GUI".
    3) load your file and go to the "Global" tab.
    4) check "enable splitting", "after this size" = 100M and "max number" = 1.
    5) start muxing

This will make a 100 MBytes file which you should upload somewhere.

Please note.

I have indicated in my original post; "This is random and not all the time."

What i mean by that is; The chopping can happen on any thing, from 1080p the way to a video that is 480i.

file format does not affect. it can be m2ts, or even a wmv or a avi. any file can exhibit this behavior.

And it happens at any time, with no warning!

and to recover, i just hit the PAUSE then PLAY to get out of the choppy playback.