Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue With New Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_CJ View Post
    to answer a few question...
    BluRAY ISO...
    In order to activate nav/ menu, Bootcode need to be flashed.
    Does that mean there is no way to activate BR nav/menu except by either resending you the player or by creating a custom cable and do it ourselves ?

Thanks,

unfortuantely yes.. bootcode will have to be flashed before it takes advantage to the mods.

we will post a "how to" for people who is interested to do this themselves. it's actually not difficult, but requires a special cable though.

Again.. the bootcode is NOT REQUIRED, but does give you over all better performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_CJ View Post
    unfortuantely yes.. bootcode will have to be flashed before it takes advantage to the mods.

we will post a "how to" for people who is interested to do this themselves. it's actually not difficult, but requires a special cable though.

Again.. the bootcode is NOT REQUIRED, but does give you over all better performance.
    Thanks for the follow up.
    The as far as I know RS232 comes in to flavor DB9 and DB25, I don't know how to use these cables with 4 pins (unless the remaining 5 are can be left unused).

As most of the newer PCs doesn't come with a serial port, can you confirm if this would work:
    - conventional USB to RS232 DB9 Male cable plugged into :
    - DB9 Male to DB9 Female gender switcher plugged into:
    - The PBO 4 pins (assume that the pin assignment would follow the normal DB9 pins with just 5 missing pins)

Here is a random cable from ebay:

My PC:
    Intel Q9550 MSI P35 8GB OCZ 1066 ATi 5870 WD 640GB Black x 2 Raid 0 700W OCZ Asus 26" LCD

Patriot Box Office & Home Setup:
    Firmware v.PCMPBO25-P02 Toshiba 160GB Sata-II installed
    Vizio VL470M 47" 120Hz LCD
    Monoprice 1.3 HDMI/Spdif Cables

Can I use the serial port on the back of my pc, so serial to serial?

Default I'm serial guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pscrzy View Post
    Can I use the serial port on the back of my pc, so serial to serial?
    Thats the idea, the only reason you see the USB to serial cable there is because newer computers dont come equipped with RS232 ports.

Well I am rdy to flash... just waiting for information on how to go about this.....
    My PC:
    Intel Q9550 MSI P35 8GB OCZ 1066 ATi 5870 WD 640GB Black x 2 Raid 0 700W OCZ Asus 26" LCD

Patriot Box Office & Home Setup:
    Firmware v.PCMPBO25-P02 Toshiba 160GB Sata-II installed
    Vizio VL470M 47" 120Hz LCD
    Monoprice 1.3 HDMI/Spdif Cables

Question

Patriot_CJ, what program do you prefer we use to flash the firmware? I know your making a tutorial for the noob's but I would like to flash it tonight, don't know how long you would take to complete that tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by frankenberrie View Post
    Well I am rdy to flash... just waiting for information on how to go about this.....
    So did you confirm that a female DB9 plug would fit the 4 pins on the PBO ..?

Default Cannot see shares on Windows Home Server

With this new firmware, I cannot login to my WHS and see my shares. Under Net I see my WHS. However, when I click on it, it says Login Successful. I then see no shared drives. In the old firmware, it prompted me to enter a login and password, thats how I created the shortcut.

Now it doesn't ask for a login and can't see the directories. I can see the directories if I enable the Guest login to my WHS. So it looks like the PBO is just trying to login automatically with Guest. Is this a bug?