Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue With New Firmware

Default Issue With New Firmware

Hi,

Any way, I tested out the new firmware but there is a HUGE BUG so far:

1) Turn on the PBO will prompt to FORMAT the hard-drive each time eventhought the HD was formated with the PBO (original firmware).
    Please fix this in final release ASAP because we don't want to lost our stuff already on the HD. The wife/kid(s) might select "OK" by mistake and bye bye our media files.

----------------------------------
    Other things I notice (so far):
    ----------------------------------
    Good:
    1) Turn on and shut down is much faster.
    2) Menus are somewhat more responsive.

Bad:
    3) S/PDIF-LPCM/RAW issue is still not resolve - still require to switch between mode when playing music and video.
    4) AAC multi-channels is still not work with S/PDIF.
    5) Date/Time is still not save.

I seem to have lost samba & BT capability. Cannot activate in setup & get a "open host error" when trying to connect from my PC.

Any ideas?

I also see that format HD bug described by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by philthy View Post
    I seem to have lost samba & BT capability. Cannot activate in setup & get a "open host error" when trying to connect from my PC.

Any ideas?

I also see that format HD bug described by the OP.
    My PBO does that HD format prompt, without the firmware update, because I never formatted it with the PBO. This is also the reason your BT/Samba won't work. Once you format the drive with the PBO, everything should be fine. But who wants to do that, right??

With the new flash, it totally reset the device, and it thinks you haven't formatted the hard drive yet. Why they would write it like that, is a mystery.

The PBO says it supports FAT and NTFS, however, if it's not formatted by the PBO, then things get flaky. No BT/Samba, constant prompt to format, etc.

Somewhere in that PBO, there is a bit set to 1 when it should be 0 (or vice versa) on whether the hard drive is formatted or not.

Patriot_CJ : You guys need to find a way around the constant "Format HD" prompt. From a data standpoint, this is WAY too dangerous. And you know as well as I do, not everybody backs their stuff up

1073_c0000_Deimos_avhdd_PATRIOT_PCMPBO25_128x1_pal _rsq.0000.0202.0018.bin

Is that needed for anything?
    My PC:
    Intel Q9550 MSI P35 8GB OCZ 1066 ATi 5870 WD 640GB Black x 2 Raid 0 700W OCZ Asus 26" LCD

Patriot Box Office & Home Setup:
    Firmware v.PCMPBO25-P02 Toshiba 160GB Sata-II installed
    Vizio VL470M 47" 120Hz LCD
    Monoprice 1.3 HDMI/Spdif Cables

Default Doesn't look like it supports Bluray ISO Menus

The new firmware plays Blurays(though getting studdering on some), but only plays the movie no menus. I thought the PBO would support Bluray menus?

to answer a few question...

BT/ SMABA will require you to format the drive under new firmware. Yes.. your BT will not work unless you do that. Reason is new firmware reset the whole unit as well as the services installed on to the unit.

Warning issue...

this is being set as automatic promot when "new" hard drive is detected. We will be turning that off on the future release.

Bootcode ... (the other .bin file)
    This is actually the bootcode for the unit. The bootcode is not necessary, however highly recommended. Although you will require a RS232 to update the bootcode on your own or have it send back for us to flash it for you.

BluRAY ISO...
    In order to activate nav/ menu, Bootcode need to be flashed.

So far this is only a beta release.. so if there is any other feedback.. let us know so we can modify it before we finalize it.

How do we reflash the boot code and where do we connect the RS232?

if you open the unit.. next to the fan there is a opening with 4 PIN sticking up. That's where you connect the RS232. I'll put together a walk through if people so choose to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_CJ View Post
    So far this is only a beta release.. so if there is any other feedback.. let us know so we can modify it before we finalize it.
    Please make subtitles off by default, or at least give us the choice to turn them off in the settings section, and my wife is requesting that "time remaining" be included when you press the display button on the remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_CJ View Post
    if you open the unit.. next to the fan there is a opening with 4 PIN sticking up. That's where you connect the RS232. I'll put together a walk through if people so choose to do it themselves.
    Please tell us howto do this. How hard is this procedures and will it void our warranty if we screwed up? I guess we have to make out own RS232 thingy?