Thread: Patriot Convoy XL inside a 5.25” hot sway bay

Default Patriot Convoy XL inside a 5.25” hot sway bay

Hello,

Are the Patriot Convoy XL SATA connectors in the place as a 3.5” hard drive? The reason I ask is because I want to place a Patriot Convoy XL inside a 5.25” hot sway bay. The 5.25” hot sway bay I’m considering is a “Kingwin 3.5" SATA Internal Hot Swap Rack model KF-1000-BK”

Here the link to the Kingwin 3.5" SATA Internal Hot Swap Rack: http://kingwin.com/products/cate/mob...kf_1000_bk.asp

Since no inner tray is required for the KF-1000-BK, it should work with the Convoy XL provided the SATA connectors are in the same spot as a 3.5” hard drive. By doing this, I can remove the Convoy XL from my desktop and use it on my laptop.

I wish Patriot offered something like this and maybe called it the Patriot Convoy XXL. I would buy it.

Thank you all for an expedited response.
    Cheers,
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by donocelotldotcom View Post
    Hello,

Are the Patriot Convoy XL SATA connectors in the place as a 3.5” hard drive? The reason I ask is because I want to place a Patriot Convoy XL inside a 5.25” hot sway bay. The 5.25” hot sway bay I’m considering is a “Kingwin 3.5" SATA Internal Hot Swap Rack model KF-1000-BK”

Here the link to the Kingwin 3.5" SATA Internal Hot Swap Rack: http://kingwin.com/products/cate/mob...kf_1000_bk.asp

Since no inner tray is required for the KF-1000-BK, it should work with the Convoy XL provided the SATA connectors are in the same spot as a 3.5” hard drive. By doing this, I can remove the Convoy XL from my desktop and use it on my laptop.

I wish Patriot offered something like this and maybe called it the Patriot Convoy XXL. I would buy it.

Thank you all for an expedited response.
    Cheers,
    Alex
    Yes it will work.. we are actually working on a quad 2.5" -> 5.25" bay. Would this be intersted for you?

Whn will you be releasing the quad enclosure? if it has a built in raid5 controller, ill take one!

very soon

I actually saw this in amazon or newegg while searching for the 3.5" verson except they had no info on it at all

The Patriot Convoy XL has been working beautifully inside a 5.25" Kingwin 3.5" SATA Internal Hot Swap Rack model KF-1000-BK for over a year.

Thank you!