Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Compatability.

I applied the registry modifications and it worked. Pretty crappy though to advertise this device works with windows 7 when indeed it doesn't unless you modify it.

Default Windows 7 Incompataibility with Box Office

Can you give us an Idea when u think a New Firmware for Windows 7 will be available ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Can you give us an Idea when u think a New Firmware for Windows 7 will be available ??
    No idea, I think a better (and more credible) answer can be obtained by contacting Patriot support directly (email on their website). The forum is 99.99% user driven.

Ya I did, but havent got a response yet , I figured maybe Patriot would have a Tech support guy trolling through the posts just to ensure their Customers are Happy . . . . . . . ..

Ya I did, but havent got a response yet , I figured maybe Patriot would have a Tech support guy trolling through the posts just to ensure their Customers are Happy . . . . . . . ..
    Yup there is one (Patriot_CJ), mind you he is Patriot rep and not a tech support guy (there is no tech supports guys here and never been), but whether he has an answer for you .. this is a totally different story .

Default Windows 7

Thats OK . .. . . I'll run it tough my old Win XP MAchine for the moment , just a little frustrating that Windows 7 has been available or a while and was in Beta for over a year before that , Seems to me like hardware manufactures had plenty of time to prep their existing product lines with compatible firmware and drivers . . . poor customer service is inexcusable

Thats OK . .. . . I'll run it tough my old Win XP MAchine for the moment , just a little frustrating that Windows 7 has been available or a while and was in Beta for over a year before that , Seems to me like hardware manufactures had plenty of time to prep their existing product lines with compatible firmware and drivers . . . poor customer service is inexcusable
    but whats your problem with Win 7 ? I have 2 PBO's streaming from my Win 7 Pro (64bits) without a problem, I didn't need an registry hacking steps, just proper sharing settings (did you check the sticky?).

Not Sure what the problem is . . . I can se my PC on the PBO , when I select the sare folder it says LOGIN Fail . . .. . .

I believe I have my network configured correctly so it Sould be OK , it hooks up fine on my XP MAcine just for some reason Win 7 wont hook up

Not Sure what the problem is . . . I can se my PC on the PBO , when I select the sare folder it says LOGIN Fail . . .. . .

I believe I have my network configured correctly so it Sould be OK , it hooks up fine on my XP MAcine just for some reason Win 7 wont hook up
    can your XP machine access your Win 7 machine (even if they are on different workgroups ?)

Default 2 mins

Bought my PBO yesterday, plugged it into my LAN and all was working in a couple minuets. I have normal shares set up on my Win7 machine and was watching from these shares without any problem last night... With authentication.

Must say all the moaning about this product on this forum made me think that this was maybe not a good buy, almost canceled it but glad now that I didn't (found the forum after I ordered the device).

And that was my first post