Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to find out which FW is running?

Question How to find out which FW is running?

Hi,

I just tried out to install the latest FW on my Torqx 128 GB. I got same problems as some of you here: "bank configuration error (must be FFFF)".

So how can I find out which FW is installed?

Thanks
    Epi

It's on my POST but if you don't see it there, you can run almost any HD benchmarking tool (HDTune is one) they will tell you. Look at you post though, mine is there.
    Partiot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/ i7 860
    Patriot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/Core2 Quad 8400

Quote Originally Posted by nate42nd View Post
    It's on my POST but if you don't see it there, you can run almost any HD benchmarking tool (HDTune is one) they will tell you. Look at you post though, mine is there.
    Sorry, I donīt understand. Whats on your post? What means "Look at you post though". You mean me? I have only one post. Where I can find the version of the SDD? I asked a simple question. So hard to explain?

Get HD Tune - look on the info tab - f/w version is there.

http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

Sorry, but not possible WITHOUT installing any software, just using Win XP???

Quote Originally Posted by Epi View Post
    Sorry, I donīt understand. Whats on your post? What means "Look at you post though". You mean me? I have only one post. Where I can find the version of the SDD? I asked a simple question. So hard to explain?
    P.O.S.T. = "power on self test" it's all the stuff that comes up when you turn your computer on before Windows starts. Sorry I forget some people don't know these terms. Anyway if you don't want to install a program, it may be there.
    Partiot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/ i7 860
    Patriot Torqx 128GB/2 WD 500GB Black/Core2 Quad 8400

Quote Originally Posted by Epi View Post
    Sorry, but not possible WITHOUT installing any software, just using Win XP???
    Does this mean you don't want to install any additional software? Or HD Tune won't install on XP?

I have Belarc Adevisor on my machine, it showed:

Patriot Torqx 64GB SSD [Hard drive] (64.02 GB) -- drive 0, s/n IDLX-YATOP-927426008, rev 1571, SMART Status: Healthy
    Last edited by BChat; 10-20-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Right, I donīt want to install any additional software.

My PC does not boot with p.o.s.t .

I will try to find something in the boot options.

btw, the bios HDD check of my Notebook does not work... is that quite "normal"?

All computers have POST, you probably just have to hit ESC or TAB during the computer manufacturer's boot logo. You can also turn the logo off in BIOS.

The firmware version may be on the "Details" tab of your Disk Driver in Device Manager.

BIOS HDD check? Where it shows what drives are available? If you're computer works, it's pretty much irrelvant.
    Last edited by earls; 10-20-2009 at 02:49 PM.

[QUOTE=earls;7090]
    The firmware version may be on the "Details" tab of your Disk Driver in Device Manager.
    [QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, mine is there. Set Properties drop down to HARDWARE IDS.