Thread: mixing ram 8gb PVS34G1333ELK + PVS34G1333LLK

Default mixing ram 8gb PVS34G1333ELK + PVS34G1333LLK

Hi,

I just got an additional 4gb of ram (PVS34G1333LLK) that I added to my current 4gb (PVS34G1333ELK)

The LLK is supposed to be faster, running at a lower latency, but being green I have no idea on how to set it up to at least match the speed of the ELK.

In the BIOS, the RAM defaults to 1067 MHz.

I have an EVGA 790i FTW mobo. All the settings are currently set back to Auto (as recommended by the person I purchased the RAM from).

Is there a proper way of combining these two different types of memory to work together? I've found different suggestions in different forums, but nobody it seems with this specific setup.

Thanks for your help

Make sure the LLK, is in your primary 1 & 3 slots. I would occupy 2 & 4 with the ELK kit. You might want to flash it to the P07 bios, last time I checked that was the most bios for overclocking.

The system might only run at the ELK speeds. Increase NB voltage to 1.45 and cpu voltage to 1.35-1.38. Try increasing the DRAM voltage to 1.90-195v. Most likely scenario is to run it unlinked.

Here are screens for LLK - FYI. General setup should be similar, just change latencies from 7 to 9.

http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1264

thanks!
    I'll give it a shot and write back with results.

hi...tried the suggestions in the screenshots, but windows won't boot now.
    The way I got it to work so far is by making the memory clock "unliked". Everything else is set to AUTO.

Any other workarounds you can suggest?

Thanks.

Where do you have the system running now exactly? 1066 9-9-9?

Running the system linked, and running 4GB's is lot to ask from the system.

Raising the fsb to memory ratio will put stress on the cpu, running the extra load of memory will put stress on the memory controller.

I would leave it unlinked (for now) and set the latencies to 9-9-9 (ELK speeds) and clock up the fsb slowly until it maxes out. This way you know what you're working with and where your memory will max out. Once you figure that out then go back and run it linked and clock it linked from there. Again running 8GB and unlinked is tough to do, eand easy to max out.