Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiper .exe information

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I had the same problem. Changing the controller driver to the standard micorosft ACHI driver worked for me. Zane gave me that tip.
    I am glad it worked for you

yes, thanks again.

The MS ACHI driver is old - says 2006. Is their a newer one we should be using? which one are you?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    yes, thanks again.

The MS ACHI driver is old - says 2006. Is their a newer one we should be using? which one are you?

thanks
    My MS driver is also dated 2006. As of less than a year ago, that was what MS was shipping.

Default Wiper.exe and M28 Torqx

I have the 256 GB M28 Torqx drive and I do not see and utilities to "wipe" it to keep its performace up...any help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by serop View Post
    I have the 256 GB M28 Torqx drive and I do not see and utilities to "wipe" it to keep its performace up...any help with this?
    The M28 uses a Samsung controller that does not support TRIM thus the wiper utility does not see it or work with it. Sorry.

Default Torx 256gb - wiper doesnt detect drive

When I use the performance restore utility, the prompts show up then when I hit to run, it returns message in the cmd promt panel, no drives detected??

How is it not finding my drive when its the main C:drive and im running the wiper software from the same drive as i want to use it on?? Not using raid, single mode drive only, why wont it detect and run. Using Win 7-64bit ultimate, have the latest firmware the 1916fw has been done, the performace restore utility doesnt detect my drive??

Any way to get this to run?? The drive is slow loading now terrible speeds, worse then old 5400rpm hard drive.

Have you tried running Wiper in Administrator mode?

I have Lenovo ThinkPad T60 and Torqx 128gb with 1916FW, win 7 64bit. I tried to use wiper (patriot.exe) but it took way too much time (hours).

Solution:

I changed the bios setting (sata mode from AHCI to COMPATIBILITY). And now wiper works perfectly.

Is it safe to stop the performance restore utility once it has been started?

Default wipe

Where can the wipe utility be downloaded from? I don't see it under support.

thanks,

Taylor