Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiper .exe information

Quote Originally Posted by nate42nd View Post
    If it's best to run in IDE like the F/W I hope they put that in the directions.
    Nate,

Yes, try it in IDE mode, our instructions do state "works best with AHCI disbaled." See if that will help with the speed.
    Last edited by Patriot_Ben; 07-16-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: clarification

I do not know if it's okay to stop the program Ben. Is it okay to stop it and try it later in IDE? I am almost at 21 hours now and not finished. I need to use the machine.

Is this taking anybody else 20-30 hours? Am I the only one?

I changed my SATA/RAID controller on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P to "disabled" which the manual says makes it "PATA mode" I don't know if this is the same EXACT mode as IDE but the "performance restore utility" ran in 10 seconds. I then switched it back to AHCI and rebooted.

Just in case anyone searches for the same problem I had (wiper.exe taking a long time (30 hours or longer)) try IDE or PATA mode. It may help.
    Last edited by nate42nd; 07-15-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Default Try using the Windows driver in Vista

nate42nd:

Wipe.exe works very fast if run using the Windows driver (as recommended) in Vista. On a Torqx 256 gig drive that has 103 gigs of data, it takes me less than 2 minutes to clean the remaining 153 gigs on the drive. If it took you 30 hours then there definitely was something very wrong.

SSD technology has issues with XP because of the strange way that XP writes data to the disk; if you are using XP that could be the problem. Wipe uses the built in TRIM feature (ready for Windows 7) of the drive so it is optimized to run using the Windows driver; not using the Windows driver could also be the problem.

EDIT: You should also upgrade from firmware version 1370 to version 1571.
    Last edited by Zane; 07-23-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Firmware note

The directions for the "performance restore utility" should include disabling AHCI mode. I am looking at the PDF file right now and the "important notes" should include "DISABLE ACHI MODE" before using this utility. I don't know where this is in the directions. I can't find it in my copy of the directions. I have "a." through "f." and none of them say anything about ACHI or IDE or PATA modes.

I hope this helps someone reading this.

DISABLE AHCI MODE BEFORE RUNNING PERFORMANCE RESTORE UTILITY

My Patriot Torqx 128GB SSD is running great by the way. It's been about 30 days now and running Windows 7 64bit is very nice.

Nate,

Thanks for the feedback... I'll get some tests done to verify and bring it up with the team.

I've been running the wiper.exe just fine in AHCI mode....if i switch to IDE my windows crashes at boot.......Im running Windows 7, 128gb torqx in ahci, no raid

Default Works great in AHCI mode

My OS was installed with AHCI set using SATA drivers. For some people turning off AHCI and switching to IDE causes their computer to blue screen.

The wiper utility works well set the AHCI. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot_Ben View Post
    Wiper utility should be up by today or tomorrow at the latest. If anyone is in urgent need of it, please drop an email address here or PM me, and I will get you the utility asap.
    I have 4 32 gig Warp SSD's (PE32GS25SSDR) that I had in raid 0. I got rid of the Areca raid card and want to wipe the drives, but the comptuer is not registering them. Will the wiper utility work for those? If so, where can I find the wiper utility? I really love the drives, had windows 7 beta on them and they were smokin!!!

The wiper utility is for the Torqx series drives only. There are no updates or utilities for the Warp series drives.

I had the same problem. Changing the controller driver to the standard micorosft ACHI driver worked for me. Zane gave me that tip.