Thread: 6GB DIMM reporting as 2GB, Asus P6T SE

Default 6GB DIMM reporting as 2GB, Asus P6T SE

I have an ASUS P6T SE installed with 3 DIMMS of PVT36G1600LLK (each is 3 x 2GB). Installing all of the DIMMs with the BIOS set to XMP mode (DRAM voltage to 1.66 etc) it only reads 6GB in the BIOS, Windows and from CPU-z.

If I try the individual DIMMS on at a time in any slot they come back with only 2GB each. CPU-Z reports them as "1600LL Series", so I don't think it's a labelling issue. I've removed my CPU and checked for any pin problems - all re-seated with no change. Any ideas? New RAM time?

I've tried some other RAM lying around and they also report under what I'd expect (12GB of 6 2GB DIMMS only reports as 8GB - weird number I know!), so it could be my motherboard or CPU?

Quote Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
    I have an ASUS P6T SE installed with 3 DIMMS of PVT36G1600LLK (each is 3 x 2GB).

If I try the individual DIMMS on at a time in any slot they come back with only 2GB each.
    Hello,

This is actually correct. The entire kit is 6GB total. Each module is 2GB. Hence the 3x2GB, 6GB Kit. Sorry for any confusion.