Thread: Mac Network Share "Out of Memory" error

Default Mac Network Share "Out of Memory" error

Hello all,

My setup:
    Mac computer connected via ethernet to motorola surfboard modem/router. Surfboard router connected via ethernet cable to netgear router setup as an ethernet hub. PBO connected to netgear hub via ethernet cable. There is a 16Gb thumbdrive parked in the PBO.

The Mac has several files setup for sharing readable by "everyone"
    The Mac cannot see the PBO, even when trying to connect directly via the PBOs IP of 192.168.0.5. Going through the surfboard I can successfully ping the PBO though.

The PBO see's my Mac when I look under network shares. It finds one "file" that is not reminiscent of anything I have named... there is a dollar sign ($) in the name of it? When I try to connect to it with any or no username or password it returns a "ERROR- Out of Memory"

What's my next move? Can't find any solutions on these forums or google so far for my exact problem. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

(My goal is for the Mac to be able to send files to the PBO, and for the PBO to be able to go retrieve files from the Mac as well if need be.)
    Last edited by Jimsocks; 07-08-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: forgot a setup detail

Halfway Fixed. I ended up having to go into my Macs file sharing options and enabling "share using FTP" and "share using SMB".

Now i can locate and stream files from the Mac to the PBO.

I still cannot see the PBO from my Mac however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsocks View Post
    Halfway Fixed. I ended up having to go into my Macs file sharing options and enabling "share using FTP" and "share using SMB".

Now i can locate and stream files from the Mac to the PBO.

I still cannot see the PBO from my Mac however.
    The PBO alpine does not have any file server installed therefore is not visible to your Mac unless you install an android based application that provides such a file server of some kind (ftp, samba or other).

Cheers!!!