Thread: Please recommend an External Drive that will work

Default Please recommend an External Drive that will work

I just bought a Seagate Expansion 2TB external drive and the PBO won't recognize it. Can anyone recommend a currently sold drive that they know will work? All the drives now tend to be USB 3.0 (but still backwards compatible with USB 2.0). Is USB 3.0 a deal breaker for the PBO?
    Last edited by kyleb2112; 04-06-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb2112 View Post
    I just bought a Seagate Expansion 2TB external drive and the PBO won't recognize it. Can anyone recommend a currently sold drive that they know will work? All the drives now tend to be USB 3.0 (but still backwards compatible with USB 2.0). Is USB 3.0 a deal breaker for the PBO?

I am having the same problem with my Seagate Expansion 2TB hard drive, latest firmware installed, HDD works fine with laptops and pc's. Can anyone suggest a solution other than purchasing a new HDD?

I think only 1 TB is supported, try to create 2 1TB partition on the drive and check if it is recognized.

Created 2x 1TB partitions on the drive and the media player still will not recognise it, any other suggestions? Would changing from NTFS help at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Damien87 View Post
    Created 2x 1TB partitions on the drive and the media player still will not recognise it, any other suggestions? Would changing from NTFS help at all?
    I am using 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Model: ST2000DM001) connect to PBO via USB (USB3) docking station without any issue (with only 1 partition).

I just tried hooking a Kingston HyperX SSD, I think about 60gb, single partition, to the USB port and it wasn't recognized. Should it have been?

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb2112 View Post
    I have a Seagate 4TB that I partitioned into 4 1TB partitions but it still does not recognize it. It has an external P/S and I waited but the drive will not come on until I plug it into the PBO but the PBO doen't see it. Any suggestions? Thx!