Thread: Patriot PBO Alpine with Patriot PCUSBW1150 Wireless USB Adapter

Question Patriot PBO Alpine with Patriot PCUSBW1150 Wireless USB Adapter

Hello

I have just purchase a brand new Patriot PBO Alpine with Patriot PCUSBW1150 Wireless USB Adapter.

I cannot seem to get the wireless networking to work, does not matter if I plug in the front or back USB port.

According to the packaging the USB adapter shoudl plug in and work, but nope, nothing.

I do not know how to determine my firmware reveision, it does not "say" anywhere in the menus

Under INFO, I get Android V2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9-default, Build SVACP00C

If someone could please provide some direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays
    SteveO

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO View Post
    Hello

I have just purchase a brand new Patriot PBO Alpine with Patriot PCUSBW1150 Wireless USB Adapter.

I cannot seem to get the wireless networking to work, does not matter if I plug in the front or back USB port.

According to the packaging the USB adapter shoudl plug in and work, but nope, nothing.

I do not know how to determine my firmware reveision, it does not "say" anywhere in the menus

Under INFO, I get Android V2.2, Kernel 2.6.32.9-default, Build SVACP00C

If someone could please provide some direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays
    SteveO

Hello SteveO:

I don't have a Patriot PCUSBW1150 Wireless USB Adapter, but a Patriot PCBOWAU2-N. I gave it a try and worked; I think they work the same.

This is how I did it: 1) Go to settings > Network control > enable WiFI ; 2) Go to WiFi configuration to add or find your access point (eg your wireless router). Select SSid or add network and Provide SSid (if hidden), WPK security, password. If parameters are entered correctly, your device will obtain an ip etc and connect.

When it has connected to your network and find the network breaks, you can reset the network connection by disabling and enabling the Wifi. I happened to me once after I set it up.

One more thing, I find ethernet connection is more stable. But your wireless experience might be different from mine with your wireless equipment. You might want to disable your ethernet connection in Setting when you're using your wireless connection.

Cheers,
    Dan

Hi Steve,

According to the change logs firmware 3.0 is suppose to provide better wireless support. You could try that firnware if everything else fails.

Snappy.