Thread: magapack P70r2 but now at each reboot I have a to re setting time, date, langage..

Unhappy magapack P70r2 but now at each reboot I have a to re setting time, date, langage..

Hello,

I installed magapack P70r2, but now at each reboot I have a to re setting houre, date , langage and network settings. What can I do to resolve it ?

Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by cloutsss View Post
    Hello,

I installed magapack P70r2, but now at each reboot I have a to re setting houre, date , langage and network settings. What can I do to resolve it ?

Thanks !!
    How did you update the firmware? Did you just update from previous version? And what version was it? You may need to erase the firmware and then install it again.

Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    How did you update the firmware? Did you just update from previous version? And what version was it? You may need to erase the firmware and then install it again.
    Hello,

With every moved that I made, now I am a bit confused, but I I was on BETA_P70R2, and after I applky the image of the non official megapack P70r2, and after return to the official BETA_P70R2. And now I'm there, It still working but at every timne I open my PBO I have to redo all settings and shortcut....

There a receipe that I can follow to clean it ? I dont care about all things that offer mega pack and other non iofficials Firmware, I just want to see my movies from my NAS.

Thank you for your help.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by cloutsss View Post
    Hello,

With every moved that I made, now I am a bit confused, but I I was on BETA_P70R2, and after I applky the image of the non official megapack P70r2, and after return to the official BETA_P70R2. And now I'm there, It still working but at every timne I open my PBO I have to redo all settings and shortcut....

There a receipe that I can follow to clean it ? I dont care about all things that offer mega pack and other non iofficials Firmware, I just want to see my movies from my NAS.

Thank you for your help.

Eric
    You may try SW3 or either telnet to the box or use a USB-TTL cable to erase the firmware. When you upgrade firmware, you should go through P02 first to get a cleaner installation. Erasing the firmware first would even be better. If you are not familiar with any of these procedure, you may want to try a force flashing. I have tested at least Akira's P70R2 would work this way. Look up Akira's thread, I should have a recent response there showing how to do a force flashing. Basically, you just need to put the firmware and a file with 0k in size on the thumb drive. Turn on the player and wait 10 minutes. It will automatically do a flashing. Just make sure you have bootcode 16 or above on your player.

Update:
    I found my previous post. See instruction here. The tag_install (0K) file is posted in this thread. Not all firmware can be force flashed, but I have tested this one from Akira (password: isakira.twnuu.com) and it works. The tag_install file will be removed automatically after flashing.
    Last edited by tourist; 02-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Nice post there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Laci55; 10-09-2014 at 10:48 AM.