PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Format Tool: Write-Protected USB (Read First Post on Pg1 before replying!)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Eli Straum
09-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi, I need a Low Level Format Tool for the Patriot Flex 32GB PSF32GFXUSB. I try to format it through Windows 7 format tool and it says that it can't because the drive is read only. MOD EDIT

devnulllore
09-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Hi,

Tried using the Windows 7 exFat format on my XT Xporter Boost 16G drive and ran into some problems with the drive so I want to restore it. Please email me the low level format tool.

MOD EDIT Thanks,

Serame
09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I need this tool to format my 16GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Card. My email is: MOD EDIT
Thanks,

Patriot_Ben
09-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Hi,

I need this tool to format my 16GB microSDHC Class 10 Flash Card. My email is: MOD EDIT
Thanks,

For our SDHC card, you can use the official one from the SD Org.

The utility and instructions can be downloaded from here and can be done on a PC:

http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/

2011echo
09-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Hi,

I need the low level format tool for my Patriot Supersonic 32GB. I am unable to write to the drive because it is write protected.
Could you send it to: MOD EDIT
Thanks

Serame
09-19-2011, 09:35 PM
For our SDHC card, you can use the official one from the SD Org.

The utility and instructions can be downloaded from here and can be done on a PC:

I tried with this program but it doesn't work. It says "The Memory Card is write-protect. Please release the write protect switch"

Any idea??

Thanks,

patriot79
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi,

I need the low level format tool for my Patriot Xporter XT 32GB. I am unable to write the the drive because it is write protected.

Thanks,

devnulllore
09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi,

Tried using the Windows 7 exFat format on my XT Xporter Boost 16G drive and ran into some problems with the drive so I want to restore it. Please email me the low level format tool.

MOD EDIT Thanks,

BUMP

Please

Patriot_Ben
09-21-2011, 05:54 PM
BUMP

Please

Hi,

It has been resent. Can you please check your spam box? Our records indicate that it was sent to you (Comacast Address) on 3 occasions already. Aug 15, Sept 19, and again today. Let me know if you're still not seeing it.

Patriot_Ben
09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
I tried with this program but it doesn't work. It says "The Memory Card is write-protect. Please release the write protect switch"

Any idea??

Thanks,

Hello,

Based on what you’re describing, we would recommend a replacement under warranty.

To Initiate an RMA or items relating to warranty, please visit this link here and select your product from the dropdown box and fill out the info:
http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/techSupportp.jsp

(This link will get your name and contact info into our Support/RMA Portal database. You will then be given a user id and password where you can make replies to your Support/RMA case. Please make a note that you already spoke to a rep regarding your issue. Furthermore afterwards, feel free to login to reply or simply await for the case to be escalated to RMA with further instructions. To escalate the case to rma, please indicate that you’ve spoken to a rep already).

patriot79
09-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Woww....Patriot Ben how come my question about requesting a tool to rectify my write protected 32gb USB drive is being ignored upon??? Whats up with that? Please kindly help me out here, still waiting for a solution.
Muchos GRacias!

Patriot_Ben
09-23-2011, 06:04 PM
For future reference (as stated on the title of the thread and on the first post), we would like to kindly remind those requesting the tool to please make it easier for all parties by leaving an e-mail address. We edit your e-mail out once the tool has been sent. :D Otherwise, you can send an e-mail to support@patriotmem.com.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PabloDM
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
does the tool work with the PSF16GUSB ?

if so: MOD EDIT
thanks

mohandes_fs
09-29-2011, 06:24 PM
i have a xporter xt 4gb and cant format it
i need that too

MOD EDIT
tnx

Face-Plants
10-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Hello, I have an Xporter XT 16Gb flash drive that has worked great for me for years. I just started having problems with it after creating a bootable Windows 8 installer flash drive. Microsoft just released Windows 8 x64 Developer Preview and included a tool to create a bootable flash drive from the Windows 8 install disc ISO. The tool worked fine and I was able to install Windows 8 with no issues but I have been unable to wipe and reformat my Xporter flash drive since. I usually use Acronis Disk Director for all my partitioning needs. I have formatted and resized partitions on this flash drive plenty of times before without issue.

By the way, the machine I'm using is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. Not sure what other information you need.

I was able to clear the Windows 8 partition off the flash drive but can not get Disk Director to see the flash drive now to format it. When plugged in, the "device connected" sound plays but it doesn't show up in the list in Acronis or in my computer. I opened Windows Devices and Printers and the flash drive does show up but it's name is some ridiculous gibberish quoted below:

OPEN小將不掉蓋隨身碟 4GB-Windows 7上市紀念版

Never seen anything like that before. Also the icon for the device is some weird animal with a rainbow over it's head!

Anyhow, bottom line is that this drive has been put through it's paces and then some and it seems like it needs a fresh start; ie low-level formatting.

I appreciate your help. My e-mail address is MOD EDIT

ln39rus
10-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Need the low level format tool. My 16gb MicroSDHC class 4 is write protected.
My e-mail: MOD EDIT

mbegala
10-10-2011, 03:13 PM
My Patriot Rage XT 32GB USB flash drive has become messed up. Windows Disk Management shows it as having 6 different partitions as follows: 867mb unallocated, 1 GB primary partition, 16 MB, 16 MB Healthy (EFI System), 16 MB unallocated and 27.92 GB unallocated.

The drive is currently unusable and I'm not able to create any new volumes, and can't format the 1 GB primary portion due to receiving "Thy system cannot find the file specified" error message.

Will the low level format tool fix this?

MOD EDIT
mb

mglatzel
10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Need the low level format tool. My 8gb Xporter is write protected.
email: MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
10-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Need the low level format tool. My 16gb MicroSDHC class 4 is write protected.
My e-mail: MOD EDIT

The utility for SDHC/Microsdhc and instructions can be downloaded from here and can be done on a PC:

Patriot_Ben
10-10-2011, 04:45 PM
My Patriot Rage XT 32GB USB flash drive has become messed up. Windows Disk Management shows it as having 6 different partitions as follows: 867mb unallocated, 1 GB primary partition, 16 MB, 16 MB Healthy (EFI System), 16 MB unallocated and 27.92 GB unallocated.

The drive is currently unusable and I'm not able to create any new volumes, and can't format the 1 GB primary portion due to receiving "Thy system cannot find the file specified" error message.

Will the low level format tool fix this?

MOD EDIT
mb

The Rage low level format tool can be downloaded from our website...
http://www.patriotmemory.com/software/Rage/Formatter_v2.10.0.zip

Zenzation
10-22-2011, 03:46 AM
I just received my Supersonic Magnum 128GB flash drive today. I plugged it into my computer and started copying photos to it. It balked after about 30 photos had loaded and the copy program reported the drive was no longer available. I right clicked on it and it said the disk was full. I erased and started over. It would record about 20 photos (300k to 500k each), hesitate for a couple of minutes, record a few more, hesitate, then the copy program would report the volume was no longer available.

Have I just got a bad unit and need to send it back or is there something I can do (like maybe run your utility?)

xelaka
10-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem, two times on a patriot memory supersonic 64Gb.
The first time i returned to the store and they changed the usbdrive, now i again have the problem, i can put some data on my usb drive, but when i'm trying to delete or format this i cannot, is it written "usb drive is write protected", if you could give me the utility, thanks.
my mail : MOD EDIT

philljo1
10-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I purchased two Mangum 64GB thumb drives some time ago and immediately experienced a longer than expected delay from the time I plugged them in to any Windows machine to the time I could access them. I assumed the delay was due to Windows searching through such a large drive. Then recently I happened to notice the following error in the Windows System log on every PC I plugged them into: An error was detected on the device during a paging operation. I'm hoping the format utility will resolve this issue. Please send a link to download the utility to MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
10-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I just received my Supersonic Magnum 128GB flash drive today. I plugged it into my computer and started copying photos to it. It balked after about 30 photos had loaded and the copy program reported the drive was no longer available. I right clicked on it and it said the disk was full. I erased and started over. It would record about 20 photos (300k to 500k each), hesitate for a couple of minutes, record a few more, hesitate, then the copy program would report the volume was no longer available.

Have I just got a bad unit and need to send it back or is there something I can do (like maybe run your utility?)

Yes, you can try the tool to see if it helps. Please leave an e-mail address or send an e-mail to support@patriotmem.com.

Zenzation
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Will do. I thought that you guys had access to my email because I used it to create my forum account. I didn't realize you wanted it in the body of this public forum post. Thanks for the response.

PATRIOTXT
10-25-2011, 06:00 PM
I have a Patriot XT BOOST 16 GB, I have a windows app that auto aligns to 1 MB block and formats the drive to FAT32, I have it multi-partitioned into different formats and sizes. It is used for Dual Booting, and relying on my Computers Memory for the most read/write processes. I have noticed that read/writes between the UFD partitions are around 10 MB/s, however, when writing to the UFD from a different drive, it is always writing to 0.4 MB/s (regardless if the external drive is NTFS or FAT32). I have tried changing the ALU size on UFD partitions, but it's the same (actual higher ALU sizes make the speeds much worse). I'm not sure if the Format Tool can fix this, or if I need the original Factory Firmware?

So the techs would reply here's 1 of my emails:MOD EDIT
BTW, I have already backed up my data incase I do need to use your format tool :)

consequential
11-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I have the Patriot XT BOOST 32GB and I can't write to the drive anymore. Please send me the low level format tool to:

MOD EDIT
Thanks!

davefierce
11-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Please help me i cant copy and paste in my X-mini Usb i try to reformat it and message appear its write protected.. Please help mo asap..

Patriot_Ben
11-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Please help me i cant copy and paste in my X-mini Usb i try to reformat it and message appear its write protected.. Please help mo asap..

Can you leave your e-mail address? Otherwise, please send and e-mail to support@patriotmem.com.

http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/showthread.php?897-Low-Level-Format-Tool-Write-Protected-USB-(Don-t-forget-to-leave-E-mail-Address!)

Please help US help YOU... we will only respond if you leave an e-mail address. We understand your privacy concerns. Our mods will edit your e-mail address once the tool has been sent. If you do not wish to make the request here, feel free to e-mail our support team directly at Support@Patriotmem.com.

Thank You for choosing Patriot Memory.

:)

davefierce
11-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Here is my Email add.. MOD EDIT

devnulllore
11-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Hi,

I have an 8G Xporter XT Boost I use on Windows 7 for ReadyBoost that causes Acronis True Image Home 2012 to slow to a crawl. Acronis said to low level format the drive and reformat it using NTFS. Please send to MOD EDIT
Thanks,

waveevd
11-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Need the low level format tool. My 8gb Xporter is write protected. to:

MOD EDIT

MrVB
11-07-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi,
I cannot access my Patriot XT 16GB anymore. I can see the drive but cannot access its content and I can't format it using Windows tool. Please send me the low level format tool to: MOD EDIT

rdreeves
11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
My Win2K system crashes to a POST/reboot when I eject my Xporter XT 8GB usb flash drive. The same drive on a Windows7 machine does not cause a problem.

Other USB drives can be installed and ejected on the Win2k system without a problem.

The Xporter drive was reformatted from Windows but this did not correct the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
rdr

rdreeves
11-12-2011, 11:58 AM
My Win2K system crashes to a POST/reboot when I eject my Xporter XT 8GB usb flash drive. The same drive on a Windows7 machine does not cause a problem.

Other USB drives can be installed and ejected on the Win2k system without a problem.

The Xporter drive was reformatted from Windows but this did not correct the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
rdr..... ooops, forgot email....

MOD EDIT

biggyvince
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Hello,

First sorry for my poor english. Is it possible to send me the Low Level Format Tool for my Patriot Xporter 16Gb XT Boost "PEF16GUSB".
When I plug it windows 7 says me it doesn't work normaly and recognise it many minutes later and speed is bad. Others usb keys work fine and my usb drivers are good (the last).

Thanks a lot !

Hi sorry but i've not receive the Low Level Format Tool for my Patriot Xporter. Is-it possible to send me?
Thanks.

Patriot_Ben
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi sorry but i've not receive the Low Level Format Tool for my Patriot Xporter. Is-it possible to send me?
Thanks.

Can you leave your e-mail address? Otherwise, please send and e-mail to support@patriotmem.com.

http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/showthread.php?897-Low-Level-Format-Tool-Write-Protected-USB-(Don-t-forget-to-leave-E-mail-Address!)

Please help US help YOU... we will only respond if you leave an e-mail address. We understand your privacy concerns. Our mods will edit your e-mail address once the tool has been sent. If you do not wish to make the request here, feel free to e-mail our support team directly at Support@Patriotmem.com.

:)

biggyvince
11-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh sorry. I don't understood, I think I should complete it in my profile...
Noob.

My email is :
MOD EDIT
Thanks a lot!

Hxaxtxe
11-20-2011, 02:46 AM
After setting up XT32gb drive for BIOS flashing it reads as 1.86 gb after multiple reformatting attempts.

Email: MOD EDIT

Pogo_12
12-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Hi,
Please send me the tool, my Patriot 32GB is write protected

My mail is : MOD EDIT

Robert Tavares
12-05-2011, 05:54 PM
i have the 64GB exporter.. my PC will not read it. Need to be able to reformat MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
12-05-2011, 11:21 PM
What model drive do you have? Can you please clarify what kind of issues you're having?

Thanks.

rayb2001
12-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I have one that looks like a Christmas tree (just got it) and now I can't format it.

Please send me the low-level format instructions for windows 7

MOD EDIT

young206
12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi
i have x.porter mini 8 Gb i cant formate this device to NTFS please help me
Thanks

Patriot_Ben
12-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi
i have x.porter mini 8 Gb i cant formate this device to NTFS please help me
Thanks

Can you verify what happens when you attempt to format it?

Please try the following steps in formatting your drive to NTFS:

First - Open My Computer

Right click on the drive

Select Properties

Select the Hardware Tab

Select the USB device

Click the Properties button

Select Policies

Select Optimize for Performance

Click OK

Second - Right click on the Drive

Select Format

Select the NTFS format option

Please let me know if it does not resolve your issue.

young206
12-07-2011, 09:19 PM
very thanks for sharp reply
i can format in NTFS format
i have 2 question that
1-what to do "Low Level Format Tools?"beacuse i dont recive this tools
2-can i speed up read &write my usb flash,beacuse i feel this usb flash(read/write speed )isnot good.can i performance optimize it?
for sample :when i want to copy file from my hard disk (extension that file i want to copy is ISO and include 5.4G" mathwork matlab software)15 min duration to copy)its too long
my os:win XP sp3 pro & hard disk 500G seaget & antiviruse Nod32 ,please help me

my email: MOD EDIT

young206
12-07-2011, 09:21 PM
my email :MOD EDIT

gensypocs
12-10-2011, 08:17 AM
hi, i have a patriot dash 32gb flash drive. im trying to reformat it from a FAT format to NTSC but it freezes on me. I have win7 64bit. Please send me the reformat tool to MOD EDIT. Thank you.

jacekswid
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi!
My pendrive is very slow in write test. Is is max 5 MB/s.
Please send me program to repair MOD EDIT
Regreads
jacekswid

ReD
12-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Hi, I am a reseller and I have a few returns from customers which are not
fixable with the "Formatter_v2.10.0.4.exe" tool.

Can you please send me the reformat tool?
thanks!

Patriot_MA
12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Red,

You are taken cared of. Look for our email in your inbox or spam folder :)

taherehhir
12-18-2011, 07:36 AM
hello
I have a usb flash drive 8 GB but i recently it shows error " the disk is right protected".please help me to fix it.
thank you
email:MOD EDIT

Patriot_MA
12-19-2011, 11:04 PM
hello
I have a usb flash drive 8 GB but i recently it shows error " the disk is right protected".please help me to fix it.
thank you
email:MOD EDIT

Hi,

I went ahead and sent the tool to you. Please check your spam folder as well if you haven't received it.

burnout
12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I have the supersonic 32g mine is write protected i need the tool please. Thanks.

email MOD EDIT

roninmedia
12-23-2011, 04:41 AM
I would like to request the low level format tool. Had some issues with a Patriot Xporter XT Boost 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive eating up more space than I expected with a format to NTFS. Want to get it back to FAT32 without so much space missing.

E-mail: MOD EDIT

manoosh
12-24-2011, 07:09 AM
hi
I have an 8g rage flash drive but i can't write anything on it because shows an error:" this is no longer located in your computer...." despite that it is on the drives and removable drives list.
MOD EDIT

toswalt
12-25-2011, 04:28 PM
8 gb axle drive write protected
please help with formattiing tool if that is what it needs
MOD EDIT

away8907
12-27-2011, 12:27 AM
16gb xporter xt - write protected
need tool
MOD EDIT

kristof7
12-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I would like to request the Low Level Format Tool. I have some issues with a Patriot Xporter XT Boost 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (write protected).

MOD EDIT

al_b
12-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi
8GB write protected

I hope that your tool can help!

MOD EDIT

Thank you,
Al

harden1
12-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Hello,

I have a Supersonic Xpress 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive that is now write-protected. I've tried the drive in three different PCs in both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. I need the low level format tool.

BTW: I have a 32 GB Xporter and four 8GB X-minis that have always worked great and seem faster than other flash drives I tried. Not sure why the Supersonic Xpress locked its self.

Thanks,
Don
MOD EDIT

kshalle
12-30-2011, 02:43 AM
Basically all screwed up, hoping low-level format will make it writable, so can format it and start over : ( This is my backup -- paid $300 to get a name brand for reliability -- not good. Please send the utility

kshalle
12-30-2011, 02:49 AM
M o d e d i t

DSP
12-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi there,
the write speed of my 16GB Xporter XT drive was permanently reduced to half after reformatting to a different file system. Formatting back to FAT32 did not fix the problem. I'd like to try the low-level format tool please.

MOD EDIT

michalsedz
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
would like to request the Low Level Format Tool. I have some issues with a Patriot Xporter XT Boost 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (write protected).
before format in windows i have 14mb/s and 30 mb/s spedd after i have 10mb/s and 20mb/s
MOD EDIT

mala0718
01-01-2012, 11:04 PM
8 GB Patriot DASH flash memory saying disk is write protected.. need low level format tool please.

michalsedz
01-04-2012, 07:01 AM
8 GB Patriot SUPERSONIC pulse flash memory saying disk is write protected.. need low level format tool please. MOD EDIT

michalsedz
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM
8 GB Patriot SUPERSONIC pulse flash memory saying disk is write protected.. need low level format tool please. MOD EDIT

Program Restore don't see my pendrive PSF8GSPUSB 8 GB Patriot SUPERSONIC pulse.

Patriot_Ben
01-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Program Restore don't see my pendrive PSF8GSPUSB 8 GB Patriot SUPERSONIC pulse.

Hello,

Based on what you're describing, we would recommend a replacement under warranty. To Initiate an RMA or items relating to warranty, please visit this link here and under ‘troubleshooting’ select your product from the dropdown box and fill out the info (look at the bottom for ‘start a technical case’):

phansen39
01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Have patriot 32 micro sd that recently went write protected. It is not he adapter. tried another micro in adapter works fine. Can you send the low level format tool

edgeuser99
01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Hi,

I have a 4GB Patriot Signature drive with the same problem.

email address: MOD EDIT

Please delete the email address once complete.

Thanks.

Patriot_Ben
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Have patriot 32 micro sd that recently went write protected. It is not he adapter. tried another micro in adapter works fine. Can you send the low level format tool

For SDHC and SD try the official one from sd org:

hahithestevieboy
01-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Hi, I have just bought this drive new from Amazon. I expected it to be formatted to FAT32 but properties in XP says it's NTFS.

Anyway, I want to use it on a lion mac as well as windows and therefore need to format it (I presume) in FAT32 or one of the other FAT standards.

I will probably format it on the windows machine but will I need the tool for this or can windows (vista) just do it? I am new to this so can you reconmend settings etc?

e-mail: MOD EDIT

Thanks

meex
01-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Hello,
I'm from Serbia (Europe), and I tried to format my Xporter XT 32Gb with Patriot Low Level format tool because write speed was about 8Mb/Sec , and my computer crashed while formating (another program crushed my windows), so it was force closed before formating was finished, and now when i tried again, after restarting a windows, it reports error "device info block is corrupted please return via rma. The device works fine but the write speed is very low, about 4 Mb/Sec. Can you please help me to solve my problem and to recover my USB Flash?
My email is: MOD EDIT
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

mrmethster
01-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Hello
Today i've buyed Patriot Xporter XT Rage 16GB Quad Channel (PEF16GRUSB) and first after unpack tested with ATTO Disk Benchmark.
The write speeds aren't not so high as i've seen on the internet on many websites, many test, where the write speed was about 22-23MB/s.
Read speeds are great, but write not.
I've formatted in Win 7 to NTFS (i transfer big files >4GB), write speed little slower, so i found this topic, then tried support tools from

http://www.patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=7&catid=86&prodgroupid=181&id=980&type=11

and tested again.

The write speed are not so high again :(

Below my tests.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2792/beztytuupb.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/beztytuupb.png/)

Can You give me this low-level format tool?
MOD EDIT
Is this helps with this write speeds?

I've made few tests on Laptop with Win XP too, for compare, write speeds are the same as here.

Thanks in advance.

Patriot_Ben
01-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Hello
Today i've buyed Patriot Xporter XT Rage 16GB Quad Channel (PEF16GRUSB) and first after unpack tested with ATTO Disk Benchmark.
The write speeds aren't not so high as i've seen on the internet on many websites, many test, where the write speed was about 22-23MB/s.
Read speeds are great, but write not.
I've formatted in Win 7 to NTFS (i transfer big files >4GB), write speed little slower, so i found this topic, then tried support tools from

http://www.patriotmemory.com/products/detailp.jsp?prodline=7&catid=86&prodgroupid=181&id=980&type=11

and tested again.

The write speed are not so high again :(

Below my tests.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/2792/beztytuupb.th.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/830/beztytuupb.png/)

Can You give me this low-level format tool?
mrmethster@gmail.com
Is this helps with this write speeds?

I've made few tests on Laptop with Win XP too, for compare, write speeds are the same as here.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Actually for the Rage drive, the tool can be downloaded from our website:

What is the make and model of your motherboard? Please also note that the drive is host-dependent. Our verified test benches were on the Intel X58. If you are using an older motherboard, then speeds can be a tad lower.

Furthermore ntfs is usually slower than the default fat format.

mrmethster
01-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Hello,

Actually for the Rage drive, the tool can be downloaded from our website:

What is the make and model of your motherboard? Please also note that the drive is host-dependent. Our verified test benches were on the Intel X58. If you are using an older motherboard, then speeds can be a tad lower.

Furthermore ntfs is usually slower than the default fat format.

Hello

Thanks for quick response.
My MB is Gigabyte P31-DS3L with Intel Quad Q6600 CPU, on Laptop don't remember, Laptop is HP 550 model with Core 2 Duo CPU.
I've tried this software from this site
then Downloads and downloaded Rage USB - Performance Format Optimization Tool, is this the same?

Now when i formatted again with this tools, it displays massage that device has corrupted block (something like that) and please send via rma.

I'm testing now with CrystalDiskMark and Read is 34.65MB/s, write 18.79MB/s.
Now i don't know if this stick is corrupted or not?

Patriot_Ben
01-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Hello

Thanks for quick response.
My MB is Gigabyte P31-DS3L with Intel Quad Q6600 CPU, on Laptop don't remember, Laptop is HP 550 model with Core 2 Duo CPU.
I've tried this software from this site
then Downloads and downloaded Rage USB - Performance Format Optimization Tool, is this the same?

Now when i formatted again with this tools, it displays massage that device has corrupted block (something like that) and please send via rma.

I'm testing now with CrystalDiskMark and Read is 34.65MB/s, write 18.79MB/s.
Now i don't know if this stick is corrupted or not?

Yes, the Performance Format Optimization tool is the same thing. The speeds look about right in contrast to the systems you are trying them on.

(In regards to the error message) The stick isn't necessarily corrupted, it just means that it could be using a specific build that is not compatible with the format tool. We have 2 other versions to try if you'd like but again, the speeds look about right for these platforms.

mrmethster
01-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Yes, the Performance Format Optimization tool is the same thing. The speeds look about right in contrast to the systems you are trying them on.

(In regards to the error message) The stick isn't necessarily corrupted, it just means that it could be using a specific build that is not compatible with the format tool. We have 2 other versions to try if you'd like but again, the speeds look about right for these platforms.
Hey, yes i would like to try if this tools not destroy my stick :-)
You can @ me the tools.
Before i try, is there something i need to know about this? Which tools use first or it doesn't matter?

osiris1313
01-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I used this drive as a Ready Boost drive plugged into the back of my PC permanently. I recently had a catasphic loss and reloaded my OS Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. However before I installed I used The Troubleshooter to low level intialize my hard drives (2 Western Digital Caviar Blacks in a RAID 0). I forgot to unplug the Patriot Xporter XT Ready Boost from the back of my PC.

Now I get a Boot error. Non system disk. Remove drive and restart system. It keeps wanting to boot to the Flash Drive. (Similar to an old floppy disk left in the floppy drive). I tried reformating the flash drive but still get boot error. My other flash drives work fine even when booting, just this one gives boot error. I understand the risk, but could I get the reformat tool for flash drives sent to: MOD EDIT. Thank You.

hkenyon
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I have a 16GB Supersonic Xpress. After it got an error saying there was a bad sector, I ran chkdsk on it several times, then a quick format on Windows 7. It still got the error, so I tried a full format (not quick). After running for several hours (including overnight), I found the format was "unable to complete."

Now, when I try a quick format, I get an error that "The disk is write protected."

I am hoping this tool will help. Thanks.

hkenyon
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
16GB Supersonic Xpress - problems just posted above.

Please email me at MOD EDIT. Thank you.

Alexandr
01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
At me USB XT16Gb. Computer has ceased to see it, more precisely he distinguishes, and can't come, writes insert a flash card. At attempt to format writes USB is absent. My mail MOD EDIT

Pjoudislav
01-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi, I have Patriot Xporter XT 32GB and it became write-protected, please could you send me your magic tool to MOD EDIT? Thank you very much.

harvester99
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
I have a supersonic 32GB flash drive and it is set to write protected after I tried to transfer some files from a windows 7 machine. I have tried formatting from safemode with command prompt and from an ubuntu install and get the same write protected message each time. I sent a request to the tech support team before I read this post and I haven't heard back. Can you please send me the low level format tool?!!! Thank you.

MOD EDIT

powerfarce
01-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I have not long ago purchased a Patriot Supersonic Xpress 16gb that began to have issues writing more than 3gb to the drive. After several formats and repeated failures of writing an amount of data I am now unable to do anything to the drive as it says it is write protected.

MOD EDIT

footblfrk97
01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Hello-my Patriot Flash memory (8GB-X.mini)
Has been write protected.Please send me the software so I can format it!!

cmlewis1985
01-27-2012, 07:31 AM
patriot lx series 16gb class 10 SDHC card has 'card locked' issues in windows -- camera can still write to it just fine.
MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
patriot lx series 16gb class 10 SDHC card has 'card locked' issues in windows -- camera can still write to it just fine.
MOD EDIT

Actually for SD/SDHC Cards, the format tool can be found here:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Bshane06
01-27-2012, 07:05 PM
I have a 16GB Supersonic Xpress. After it got an error saying there was a bad sector, I ran chkdsk on it several times, then a quick format on Windows 7. It still got the error, so I tried a full format (not quick). After running for several hours (including overnight), I found the format was "unable to complete."

Now, when I try a quick format, I get an error that "The disk is write protected."

I am hoping this tool will help. Thanks.

I have the same problem except no write-protected window. Mine won't format. Hoping this will work.

Thanks!

mocklab.s@gmail

kentuckynet
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM
please send me the file as i have accidentally deleted my partition on my patriot magnum 64gb flash drive

MOD EDIT

firstflyer
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I have a supersonic 32GB flash drive and it is set to write protected after I tried to transfer some files from a windows 7 machine. I have tried formatting, both quick and full with no luck- still will not allow. Please send tool to--

MOD EDIT

schwooba
01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Ditto as the post above. Supersonice 32GB flash. Shows RAW, read only. Is there any way to recover the data off of that before reformatting? I've tried Recuva but some of that data was bad?

Anyway, please send tool because I can't format...Thanks

MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
I have the same problem except no write-protected window. Mine won't format. Hoping this will work.

Thanks!

mocklab.s@gmail

I was unable to send to this e-mail address. Do you have an alternative one?

mal2ianne
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
I am unable to upload large files into my 16g Patriot Flash Usb Drive and gives me a pop error. Please send me the tool at:

MOD EDIT

Thank you.

rokit
02-02-2012, 03:20 AM
8GB Patriot Dash Flash drive is write protected, can't format, MOD EDIT

aureal
02-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Please send me this tool. I can't format XPORTER XT 8GB. MOD EDIT.
Thanks

gepdevalk
02-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I bought a Patriot Supersonic 64GB two days ago.
Unfortunately I reformatted it and now it is very slow.
I tried to reformat it a couple of times with different formats but it does not get much faster.

Please send me the low level formatting tool, because right now i do not reach more then 3MB/sec, which is very much slower then the 50MB/sec advertised.

Kind regards,

Geb de Valk
MOD EDIT

This thread is for Low-Level Format tool Requests. This tool is offered for Patriot USB Flash drives only. Please include your e-mail address and a brief description of the problem of your USB flash drive.

The most common fixes of this tool are for: drives that develop multiple bad sectors, write-protected, or stubborn viruses, drives that are detected in “My Computer” but are not accessible, or drives that become extremely slow due to degradation over time.

The purpose of this tool is to format your USB flash drive down to the cell level. Please make sure to backup any data BEFORE you use the low level format. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER ANY DATA ONCE YOU BEGIN.

Please advise that a low level format should only be done as a last resort. The misuse of this tool can PERMANENTLY DAMAGE your USB flash drive. Patriot Memory assumes no liability for any damage to the drive or data due to the low level format. For this reason, Patriot Memory will send this tool to customers via email under case-by-case scenario only.

variant69
02-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Please send me Low Level Format Tool for my Patriot Xporter 8gb. It became inaccesible after changing my pc (win xp) for a notebook (win 7 64). I had some problems with that pendrive earlier, but i just made a normal format, writing speed dropped, but it worked. Now it just says : "That disk needs to be formatted before using" and when i try to do it, i get information that it's write protected.

ameht
02-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Now I formatted it and the transfer rate is only 16mb. this is the reason I went out and spent my money on this , for the transfer rate and now , I'm sitting here , googling everything and nothing . please help me , send me the tool , whatever , just please someone help
email @ MOD EDIT

gabidj
02-06-2012, 10:22 PM
pls help me..
i have a 4Gb patriot memory usb and it keeps telling me that its write protected.
Any idea how to turn this off ???
Thank you!

L.E.
i solve this problem with Repair_Neo2.9.zip
http://www.box.com/shared/9hgp81ndgs

heyor
02-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Used the Rage format tool on my 16GB XT before realizing there was a thread, did I harm my XT in anyway? This was due to the fact that my 4/16GB XT were having really slow write speeds (5-8MB). So I need this tool to reformat my 4/16GB XT.

MOD EDIT

qca
02-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Hello!

I have patriot rage xt 32 GB quad channel pendrive.

When copying the drive my pendrive disappears, it does not help anything, only if re-plugin.
But the problem comes up again and again!

Please help me!

MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
02-08-2012, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=heyor;49331]Used the Rage format tool on my 16GB XT before realizing there was a thread, did I harm my XT in anyway? This was due to the fact that my 4/16GB XT were having really slow write speeds (5-8MB). So I need this tool to reformat my 4/16GB XT.

[QUOTE=qca;49335]Hello!

When copying the drive my pendrive disappears, it does not help anything, only if re-plugin.

Please help me!

Hey Guys,

The Rage Format Tool can be downloaded here:
http://patriotmemory.com/support/driversp.jsp

heyor
02-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Hey Guys,

I don't have the rage I have the regular XT Boost.

fearen
02-09-2012, 12:16 PM
My Patriot Xporter XT 8GB not recognized. Can i get a LLf tool, thought it could help. Thank you.

earny
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I have a Patriot Xport 4GB can I get the low level format tool? MOD EDIT

heyor
02-09-2012, 07:03 PM
in case you need my email again since you edited it out.

MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
in case you need my email again since you edited it out.

MOD EDIT

Hello,

Usually when the e-mail address gets edited by a mod it means we already sent it. Did you receive the tool? I just sent it again.
Please check your spam folder as well.

heyor
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Hello,

Usually when the e-mail address gets edited by a mod it means we already sent it. Did you receive the tool? I just sent it again.
Please check your spam folder as well.

Yes I received the tool, I formated my 16GB XT Boost with the rage formatter before seeing this thread did I harm it in anyway?

qca
02-10-2012, 06:05 AM
Hello!

Please help me!

Hey Guys,

MOD EDIT

Helped only temporarily, the problem came up again!!!

Anything else?

Patriot_Ben
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes I received the tool, I formated my 16GB XT Boost with the rage formatter before seeing this thread did I harm it in anyway?

No, all versions of the tool should do the same thing. If you already got it to work with the Rage format, I would just disregard using the tool I sent you.

Patriot_Ben
02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Helped only temporarily, the problem came up again!!!

Anything else?

If the format didn't resolve your issue, what we could do is initiate a replacement under warranty. To Initiate an RMA or items relating to warranty, please visit this link here and under ‘troubleshooting’ select your product from the dropdown box and fill out the info (look at the bottom for ‘start a technical case’):

(This link will get your name and contact info into our Support/RMA Portal database. You will then be given a user id and password where you can make replies to your Support/RMA case. Please make a note that you already spoke to a rep regarding your issue. Furthermore afterwards, feel free to login to reply or simply await for the case to be escalated to RMA with further instructions. To escalate the case to rma, please indicate that you’ve spoken to a rep already).

Quimidz
02-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Hello, Please help me to fix my memory problems it shows when i format ( write protected can't format). Please send me Low-Level Format tool, my email add is MOD EDIT. Thanks in advance.

This thread is for Low-Level Format tool Requests. This tool is offered for Patriot USB Flash drives only. Please include your e-mail address and a brief description of the problem of your USB flash drive.

The most common fixes of this tool are for: drives that develop multiple bad sectors, write-protected, or stubborn viruses, drives that are detected in “My Computer” but are not accessible, or drives that become extremely slow due to degradation over time.

The purpose of this tool is to format your USB flash drive down to the cell level. Please make sure to backup any data BEFORE you use the low level format. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER ANY DATA ONCE YOU BEGIN.

Please advise that a low level format should only be done as a last resort. The misuse of this tool can PERMANENTLY DAMAGE your USB flash drive. Patriot Memory assumes no liability for any damage to the drive or data due to the low level format. For this reason, Patriot Memory will send this tool to customers via email under case-by-case scenario only.

lind.brian@gmail.com
02-13-2012, 06:25 PM
I can not access my 16GB Exporter XT USB drive.

When I try to access the drive I get a message to insert a drive in the drive.

Please send me the low level format format tool: Write protected USB and related use insturctions.

Thank you,
Brian Lind
MOD EDIT

admini
02-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Please, send me Format Tools for my PEF8GUSB
MOD EDIT

rebarooski
02-15-2012, 12:15 AM
please send the tool for my 16g USB flash drive
MOD EDIT

Kane3162
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Seems like I need this every 6~ months or so... reformat lost my old copy...
MOD EDIT

Prototypexx
02-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm having the same problem of my 16.0 supersonic xpress patriot memory flash drive being write-protected. If you could email me the utility format tool, I'd be tremendously grateful.

Patriot_Ben
02-27-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm having the same problem of my 16.0 supersonic xpress patriot memory flash drive being write-protected. If you could email me the utility format tool, I'd be tremendously grateful.

Hello,

Can you leave an e-mail address? We'll edit it out upon sending. Otherwise, feel free to e-mail support@patriotmem.com.

gsember
02-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I need a low-level formatter tool for my Patriot Supersonic 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model PEF64GSUSB
MOD EDIT

Darinton
03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Please send me the low level format tool.

My drive is: Patriot Supersonic 32Gb usb 3.0

It has worked fine for past 8 months, but now when I plug it in, it shows up as a drive, but then when I try to access it, I get "I/O device error". I have tried different computors with same result.

My email: MOD EDIT

Dunx
03-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Please send me the low level format tool.

My Patriot XT 4 gb takes a very very long time to be recognised by windows
its as if windows is having difficulty reading it.

Thanks

MOD EDIT

KingSteve032
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Xporter XT Boost 16GB
MOD EDIT
I've tried to plugin it into all the usb ports and it finally installed the drivers for it. It says it has no disk so can I get the low-format tool please?

Shevron
03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
please send the Low Level Format tool for my 16g USB flash drive
Thanks - Shevron

BigBublik
03-17-2012, 05:27 AM
Hi. My USB flash drive Supersonic 64Gb dead. Please send the tool.
Thanx!

aroscoe
03-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Please send me the format tool please. I'll try this as a last resort, but my 16GB class 10 uSD card may be heading for the bin otherwise.
Using it in a Countour HD1080P camera. Worked great for 1 week of holiday, but then corrupted. Have reformatted several times with different
tools. It corrupted again. Etc. Now formatted and will read in the camera, but is not recognised as a drive in my hama card reader and cannot even be formatted in that device using windows format or the SDHC.org format tool. The 2GB uSD card which came with the camera reads fine in both the camera and the hama reader. Initially impressed, but not any more!

andrew.roscoe@eee.strath.ac.uk

Patriot_Ben
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Please send me the format tool please. I'll try this as a last resort, but my 16GB class 10 uSD card may be heading for the bin otherwise.
Using it in a Countour HD1080P camera. Worked great for 1 week of holiday, but then corrupted. Have reformatted several times with different
tools. It corrupted again. Etc. Now formatted and will read in the camera, but is not recognised as a drive in my hama card reader and cannot even be formatted in that device using windows format or the SDHC.org format tool. The 2GB uSD card which came with the camera reads fine in both the camera and the hama reader. Initially impressed, but not any more!

Hello,

Unfortunately our format tool will only work with our USB Drives. Which model of our card do you have?

vasquish
03-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Patriot XT 16 GB USB, i need the tool, too.

keeps telling me, its write protected :(

MOD EDIT

thx

antoine
03-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Hello.

My 4GB PATRIOT Xporter USB key need to be formatted with a low level format tool.
Basically it has previously formatted to FAT32, but the format processing has been interrupted and the device memory size cannot be retrieved by the OS.
Could you send this utility to my email address?

Thanks a lot by advance.

Myemail address is: MOD EDIT
(Please don't forget to edit this message to delete my email address)

danjferg
03-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Need formatting tool for write-only problem. Other tools don't seem to be working. seems silly to have email in thread when it's available on my account. But: MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
03-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Need formatting tool for write-only problem. Other tools don't seem to be working. seems silly to have email in thread when it's available on my account. But: MOD EDIT

Sent. The reason why we do it this way is that it makes it easier for us. Otherwise we have to log in to a separate admin page; and search for the user, to retrieve the e-mail address, for each user requesting it. :)

You can also send an e-mail to support@patriotmem.com if you're not comfortable with leaving the e-mail address. ;)

BuzzLiteBeer
03-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi. Please send me the formatting tool for solving write-only problem. Thanx
MOD EDIT

fuckinhellman
04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey, i was trying to clean up my friends virus laden laptop. Plugged in my PSF8GUSB Patriot 8 gb flash drive and it filled it up and put it in write-protection

Ive tried to reformat it with Linux and Windows without any results. Hopefully i could get a copy of this tool.

Thank you,
Guy with a Headache.

lastmariner
04-02-2012, 11:23 AM
my hdd is write protected and can't access from my computer, please send me the tool for formatting

saleem
04-05-2012, 03:14 PM
I need a low level format tool for PSF32GXPUSB please

Magoo
04-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Need the Tool, Have a Xporter 8GB that is giving me incorrect function error.

MOD EDIT

promi
04-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Please send me format tool for Patriot Xporter XT boost 32GB.
MOD EDIT

Thx.

bathzt
04-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Hello, I have a PEF64GSUSB which is not recognized anymore under linux. I formatted it, created a filesystem and mounted a few times then it did not mount anymore.

kernel: [632260.846035] sd 14:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk

dd'ing and fdisk'ing produce the same error :

opening */dev/sdb*: no medium found

Could you please send me the tool ?

MOD EDIT

Do I need to find a windows system to launch it ?

Thanks !

pns05
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
Hi, I have an 8GB Patriot XT that I can no longer write to it... "The disk is write-protected" and "Remove the write-protection or use another disk" are the error messages. Please send a tool that I can use to make the flash writable again. I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu systems.
Thanks!

MOD EDIT

Taubin
04-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm having issues with my 16 GB xt drive. Please forward the tool to MOD EDIT.

thanks

coffey
05-01-2012, 03:01 PM
My 32gb usb 3 flash drive isn't recognized anymore. Please send the LLF tool to 'dcothran at gmail.com'

romm1298
05-07-2012, 11:23 PM
I have a 16GB Axle USB Flash Drive when I plug it in any pc or laptop gives me message that have errors, I tried to format it but keep getting error unable to format, could you email the low level format tool please, I want to reformat it. Thanks

MOD EDIT

universal707
05-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Please let me know how to receive the low-level format tool for a DASH 32GB drive.

Thank you

MOD EDIT

calexchelse
05-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Please let me know how to fix my USB. I have a supersonic express 16g 3.0. when I plug it in, it says i need to format it, when I try it says it can't write protected. Please email me the tools I need to fix it. email is MOD EDIT

jokerdl
05-09-2012, 04:13 PM
please send me low level formating tools
When I plug my supersonic magnum 64G into USB3.0 port,it takes about 5 seconds to open drive or folder.
thanks
MOD EDIT

calexchelse
05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry I tied this and all it says is format failed what do I do now

FrostyWolf
05-12-2012, 07:48 AM
MOD EDIT

Patriot 8GB usb flash drive seeing bad performance.

Rippenator
05-14-2012, 05:48 AM
I have an 8GB patriot drive that is giving me unable to format "write protected. MOD EDIT

Fontana
05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
2 (out of 10) axle 32GB drives are coming up write protected/read only. Please send tool. MOD EDIT

eyad
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Moderator edit

JimE
05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
USB3 SUPERSONIC XPRESS 32GB - Win7 will not format "write protected"?
Please email format tool.
MOD EDIT

pentomas
05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
My 16gb Xporter flash drive isn't recognized anymore. Please send the LLF tool to MOD EDIT

haze
05-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I have a 16GB Axel USB flash drive that has become write protected while transferring files to it. I need the tool. My e-mail address is MOD EDIT. Thanks

dogbert86
05-22-2012, 06:55 PM
I have a 32GB Axel USB flash drive that has become write protected. I can't send files to it or format it. email: MOD EDIT

michael.kebere
05-22-2012, 10:22 PM
I just purchased and received a 8GB Patriot Xporter XT thumb drive. The drivers were installed and the device shows up in My Computer but I cannot format it or access it. Email: MOD EDIT

Boxer999
05-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I have a 64gb axle that only writes around 6mb/second can you send me the tool to fix this? MOD EDIT

oofloom
05-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Patriot Axel 32GB. Drive shows up but is inaccessible. Email: MOD EDIT

brjasha
05-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Please, send me tool for low level format. My drive first got problems to be read and after format attempt with windows tools got write protected.
drive: Patriot Supersonic Xpress 16 gb

commonplace
05-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Ridiculous that you have to jump through these hoops -- this thread has been open for well over 3 years, so clearly this is a common problem. Just post the damn tool already.

In the meantime, send it to me at MOD EDIT

(I already e-mailed support directly but no one replied.)

/Kevin

pgeneste
05-31-2012, 03:47 AM
Hello, I have a Patriot Supersonic 32 GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive PEF32GSUSB that is recognized and has drive letter but was write locked, and now is unreadable. Please send me Low Level Format tool for this USB drive. My e-mail is MOD EDIT Thank you...

Xiccarph
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I would like the low level formatter. Windows XP did a auto-generated scandisk on my patriot supersonic 64gb at startup...didn't know it was doing that so missed the "hit any key within x seconds" nonsense. It saw every file on the patriot as a bad file and erased the entire drive and made it totally locked and inaccessible. MOD EDIT

bbfarm
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Have an 8gb Patriot usb drive; I was trying to delete a folder from it when Windows 7 said, "discovering items" and locked up on that screen. After rebooting, Windows says the usb drive must be formatted before use, but I can't format because it says it's write protected, which it's never been before. Computers with other operating systems don't even show the drive as existing. I need the low level format tool as a last resort.

MOD EDIT

IZCHAKW
06-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Hello, I have a Patriot Supersonic 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive PEF64GSUSB that is recognized and has a drive letter but is unreadable. Please send me Low Level Format tool for this USB drive for Windows 7 . My e-mail is MOD EDIT

smithpat
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I have a 32GB supersonic Xpress that states will not format and states it is Write protected.
Can you please send me the low level format tool

MOD EDIT

Thanks

Bofa
06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
I have a Patriot Xporter 16GB Flash Drive that is recognized and has a drive letter but is unreadable. I cannot format it via disk management as it shows the partition as RAW. Please send me Low Level Format tool for this USB drive for Windows 7 64bit. Thanks!
MOD EDIT

JamesAbel
06-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Please send me the tool. MOD EDIT (Tool was linked to another thread)

monkeyvoodoo
06-10-2012, 04:26 AM
I have an 8GB Pixie that shows up as "2261 PRAM USB Device" in the device manager, and as a removable media device (with no media inserted) inside Computer. Hopefully the low-level format tool can fix this?
MOD EDIT

Thanks!

mt516
06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I made the mistake of formatting with the Windows format utility. Could you please send me the low level format utility for the Razzo 32 GB flash drive. My email is: MOD EDIT
Thanks

philipbatten
06-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I got this memory stick today (11-06-12) and started copying stuff from my old stick when it stopped and now says write protected and won't let me delete or copy more stuff. Please Help

Email = MOD EDIT

sasteeleuk
06-14-2012, 07:07 AM
I received my Patriot Axle 64 GB yesterday and started copying data from my old USB stick. It failed half-way into it. Now I keep getting "The disk is write protected" and I can't write or deleted to it. Can the low-level format tool can fix this? My email is MOD EDIT

onaroll
06-15-2012, 02:47 PM
I have only had my Patriot Axle 64gb for 1 day and already it has some problems when I tried to transfer files on a mac.. It crashed and then the stick became "write-protected".

I've tried every method in the book to try and format it but neither mac or windows will do so - since it has become "write-protected" i'm guessing your low-level format tool will help in this case? Please use this email address: MOD EDIT

I am not concerned about the data, just getting it working again would be great. Please assist.

fifi
06-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Same problems as the poster above - 64gig drive now showing as read-only and I'm unable to format it by any conventional means on Windows or MacOS. Please send to MOD EDIT- thanks in advance.

10merkland
06-15-2012, 11:02 PM
My 64GB axle has gone into write protected mode and nothing seems to fix it. Please send low level format tool to MOD EDIT.

focus1400
06-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Same problems as the poster above - Patriot axle 64gig drive now showing as read-only and I'm unable to format it by any conventional means on Windows XP
Please send me the tool so i can use this flash drive my email address MOD EDIT thanks in advance

ltran93065
06-16-2012, 05:12 PM
I just bought Patriot Axle 64GB and need the low level formatter. My email is MOD EDIT

Thanks

dermon4
06-16-2012, 07:19 PM
During download, writing stopped and disk became write protected. Low Level Format Tool?
MOD EDIT

Nightsun
06-17-2012, 04:57 AM
I was copying my data from my old usb flash to my 64gb axle and then it stopped and said the axle was write-protected. Please send the Low Level Format Tool. My e-mail is MOD EDIT

bige142
06-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Devices or Systems: Dell Vostro 1000
FName: Robert
LName: McMahan
Operating System: XP Pro
Opt: USB Flash Drives
Problem Description: I have had the same problem with two of these flash drives the first one I returned. When I start to copy files onto the drive it works for a short while and then it stops and says it write protected. I have tried with both my Dell Laptop and my desktop. I also own a 32 gig version of this same drive and have any problems.
Subject: 64 gig flash drive write protect
Type: 2
casenumber: 719802315
partnumber: PSF64GAUSBG

profet
06-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Getting write-protected errors not even one day into ownership.

Will the Low Level Format Tool even help? Or will this issue keep occurring?

Should I return this clearly defective (as indicated by many other similar posts) product?

ltran93065
06-18-2012, 07:45 PM
I just bought Patriot Axle 64GB and need the low level formatter. My email is MOD EDIT

Thanks

Received the restorer software but it did not recognized the drive. Contacted Technical Support to return the item.

zero9si
06-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Please send the Low Level Format tool to MOD EDIT

The drive is write-protected. I am unable to format it. I have the Patriot Axle 64GB.

Thank you.

Merthyr Imp
06-19-2012, 03:54 PM
I recently acquired a Patriot Axle 64GB USB Flash Drive. The second time I used it it became write-protected. I've been unable to format it no matter what I try. Please send me the Low Level Format Tool to: MOD EDIT
I'd thought the fault developed because I didn't go to 'Safely Remove Hardware' after the first time I used it (I've never done so with any other USB drive), and was going to buy a replacement of the same type - but if this tool doesn't work I will be buying a different brand to replace it.

Cruzer127
06-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I also have an Axle 64GB USB Flash drive that is now write protected. I hope this is not a re-occurring problem.

Please send the Low Level Format Tool to: MOD EDIT

Thank You

Merthyr Imp
06-19-2012, 09:33 PM
I recently acquired a Patriot Axle 64GB USB Flash Drive. The second time I used it it became write-protected. I've been unable to format it no matter what I try. Please send me the Low Level Format Tool to: MOD EDIT
I'd thought the fault developed because I didn't go to 'Safely Remove Hardware' after the first time I used it (I've never done so with any other USB drive), and was going to buy a replacement of the same type - but if this tool doesn't work I will be buying a different brand to replace it.

Received and ran the Low Level Format Tool but it has made no difference at all - still write-protected.

bdhumes
06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
I have a PSF32GFXUSB which when I try to access I get a message saying it is not formatted. When I then try to format it through Windows 7, it says that it is write protected. Please send me the low level formatting tool. MOD EDIT
Thanks,
Brian

Cruzer127
06-21-2012, 12:30 AM
I also have an Axle 64GB USB Flash drive that is now write protected. I hope this is not a re-occurring problem.

Please send the Low Level Format Tool to: MOD EDIT

Thank You

The LL Format Tool did not work. It just reported back that the media was Write protected and didn't change anything.

oddonesvk
06-21-2012, 05:34 AM
Hi:

I just purchased a Patriot Memory USB 2 AXLE 64gb. Shortly after starting to save some files to it, on my very first use, it became write-protected - right in the middle of trying to save files!! My OS is Windows 7, service pack 1, 64 bit.

I need to figure out how to unlock the stick so that I can use it. Please help. Thanks.

oddonesvk
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM

Hi:

I just purchased a Patriot Memory USB 2 AXLE 64gb. Shortly after starting to save some files to it, on my very first use, it became write-protected - right in the middle of trying to save files!! My OS is Windows 7, service pack 1, 64 bit.

I need to figure out how to unlock the stick so that I can use it. Please help. Thanks.

Email: MOD EDIT -- Vicky

alexl2001
06-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I got the ram like 1 day USB AXLE 64GB USB my email MOD EDIT
write protected and I try to run restore program from patriot still not work / can't even see it

alexl2001
06-21-2012, 03:18 PM
do you at the end you can figure out? I almost gift up
I don't think DOS can see it as 64gb

ricklr
06-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Where can I get a copy of the low level format tool. I have a 32GB Patriot Xporter and it locked up while I was trying to move files from one computer to another at my friends house. I have done a DOS 'Format' and it went through 100 percent, but it is still write protected and will not let me do anything to it.

Joseluis
06-22-2012, 04:46 PM
I really need the Low-Level Format tool for Patriot flash drives.
I have a 64 gb Patriot Axel drive.

Bought it at Frys and now it doesnt let me copy or delete (Write Protected)
I only added some PDF's and in between it stopped.

I have no problem with reformating if it would only let me.

my email is : MOD EDIT

Please help.

rmarley
06-26-2012, 05:02 PM
i have a capacity reporting issue with my x-mini 8gb stick. please send me the low level formatting tool.

please send it to: MOD EDIT

thanks!

simonday4
06-28-2012, 11:49 AM
I need the formatter tool as my 64G drive is write proitected

MOD EDIT

Patriot_Ben
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=simonday4;52427]I need the formatter tool as my 64G drive is write proitected
MOD EDIT

So I can get you the right tool, can you clarify what model drive do you have?

DeepPan
06-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi same here please, my 64gb axle usb is write protected after starting to upload files to it.
MOD EDIT

hchiava1
06-30-2012, 03:23 AM
I have an 8 & 32 GB Patriot usb drives the only show 1 GB after formatting.
I used them to copy some files of my dish dvr (which formatted them) and now I can't get them back to previous capacity.
Do I need to do a low level format? If so, could you please send me that tool.

Bosh
06-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi same here please, my 64gb axle usb is write protected. Tried various was to format - no luck! Please send me the tool. Thank you in advance. MOD EDIT

StevenM
07-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Just bought a 32gb Flex, was transfering 4gb, drive didn't finish, now Write Protected and Windows 7 nor OS X won't let me format, so can you send me the tool as well. Thanks.

jamesbrittle
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I have a 64 gb Patriot Axel drive bought from ebuyer, now Write Protected, can't format. Please send me the tool, Email: MOD EDIT

DakotaMark
07-02-2012, 02:19 PM
My Patriot Xtreme 8GB stopped working. Windows 7 says it must be formatted. Formatting attempts have failed. Please send the low level formatting tool to me.

Thank you.

MOD EDIT

latimerdk
07-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I need the tool also.
Thanks

joeboyd7
07-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Is there some problem with Patriot Axle devices? how can so many fail out of the box......

i have a patriot supersonic 3.0 at 6 6imes the price and it is still working...for now!

MOD EDIT

Bosh
07-03-2012, 06:19 PM
What's Up? How come nobody is helping me? I am NOT giving the same email address I registered with do to spyders & spam. If it has to be the same email let me know & I'll re-register. I'm getting a little upset everyone else is getting help & not me.

Hi same here please, my 64gb axle usb is write protected. Tried various ways to format - no luck! Please send me the tool. Thank you in advance. MOD EDIT

klfjams
07-04-2012, 03:21 AM
I would like the low level format tool for 2 Axle 64gb drives i just received that are telling me they are write protected. Please email to MOD EDIT thank you

PapaDukes1960
07-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I need the tool. My 64gb flash drive that I ordered from you became "write-protected" halfway through the process of copying files to it. Please send ASAP.

MOD EDIT

jstudt67
07-05-2012, 07:34 PM
My XT drive does not recognize when plugged into the computer. I would like the format tool also. MOD EDIT thanks!!!

MonkT
07-08-2012, 04:57 AM
My Supersonic Xpress 16GB refuses to format, please send tool to MOD EDIT. Thanks!

slowmachine
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Please, send me the low level format tool. I was transferring files to my Supersonic Xpress 32 Gb drive through Ubuntu when it became write-protected with a Raw file system. Since then, it's impossible to format with Ubuntu or Windows Xp or 7. I've tried many formatter tools. I hope that your tool will do the job. Please send it to MOD EDIT

eladbolin
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
My new 32GB Pariot Axle USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Red) went read-only/write protected today. I need the low level format tool. Send to MOD EDIT.

gordondean
07-11-2012, 06:40 PM
can't format my 64gb Patriot Axel (write protected) , need help, please send the low level formatting tool to MOD EDIT thanks!

vroomish
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
64gb Patriot Axle. Drive won't format as well. MOD EDIT

matin-mobile
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
hi . i have two Xporter mini 8GB flash drive that cant be formated. i tried to find the low level format on patriot site bt i cant find it . please help me . Email : MOD EDIT

devoid
07-16-2012, 05:44 PM
need to format a supersonic xpress 16gb. MOD EDIT

blantto
07-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Need low level format tool. Axel 64gb

PCS
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
My Axel 64G is showing write protect. Low level format tool if you would be so kind. MOD EDIT

Vesku
07-19-2012, 07:05 AM
My 16GB Axle went write protect mode, tried Diskpart and Gparted. Low level format tool, please.

erperez
07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
just bought two (2) from ebayer. 32GB Patriot Xporter Axle (PSF32GAUSB). After copying a few files, one of them is not accesible anymore, showing as "Removable Disk" when plugged but no volume whatsoever. Please need low level format tool in case the other decides to take a fart on me also. Email to

dasebrook
07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
My Patriot Supersonic 64GB flash drive is write protected. Please send me the low level format tool. Email:

afonseca
07-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Hello,

My name is Aaron Fonseca my e-mail is*, I recently purchased a*Patriot Axle 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive. The drive has recently become "write-protected" and nothing I do will allow me to be able to write to the drive again. I have tried reformatting and used the device manager but nothing has been successful. I found your help forum that told me to contact this support email and request a*Low-Level Format tool. So please send me a*Low-Level Format tool.

Aaron Fonseca

jchsu168
07-20-2012, 12:36 AM
I bought this Patriot 4GB USB FLASH disk, then it turns write-protected after I leave it unused for one month. Please send me this low-level format and write-protection removal tool. My email is below, please remove it after you see this:

Patriot_2012
07-21-2012, 03:16 PM
I have a 16GB Pariot Axle USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Red) went read-only/write protected today. I need the low level format tool. Please send to . Thanks.

gteb
07-21-2012, 07:34 PM
I have the Xporter magnum 64gig. Windows 7 will wants to format it, but cant. Drive can not be used. If low level will help, please email to
thanks

raysd6
07-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi

I have purchased a 32 gb Patriot LX series SD card and unable to format in windows 7. Please can you send me the the Low Level Format Tool. MY email address is

kebab01
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Hi i have a patriot XT 16GB and i need the tools pls. I get "no medium" error in windows and in linux. My mail is tnx

albain
07-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi,

I have a supersonic 32GB USB3 since a few months and since today I can no longer write data.
The worst is that I can partially read files. I have a vmware image on it that I am unable to recover (only the first GB will copy then it raises an error)
Please send me a link to a recovery tool

Thank you

Regards,

Damien BT

TimB
08-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Have a month old 8gig drive cant do anything with says its write protected.

Thansk

altjx
08-04-2012, 01:48 AM

Please send me this tool already. I seriously can't believe that we have to post on a forum to even get the tool in the first place.. Now that I've said that, I probably won't even get the tool, so forget it. Just going to toss this piece of. Gotta post in a forum and wait on a email... I am soo.

Tool has been sent. We understand your frustrations but on that note, please refrain from vulgar language. The tool is only being given out as case by case due to liability reasons; as stated on the very first post of this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Patriot Memory Forums Admin

dermardv
08-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Patriot Axle 32GB write protected after first use
Email Address is:

gaiderdraco
08-06-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd acquired a free (so no manufacturer's guarantee available) 32GB CoreMicro USB flash drive but upon inserting it it told me that it needs to be formatted. I tried to do so to no avail. It kept telling me that it's write protected.

I went to regedit and set the value number to 0; nothing. I downloaded Formatter_v2.10.0.4, it claims that there's no USB stick plugged in. I am all out of options.

I'm just glad that it was free. Regardless, any help that I can get would be much appreciated. I am running Windows 7 (32) and my email address is gaiderdraco@yahoo.com.

TONY M
08-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Like others on this forum, I have recently bought a Patriot Xporter Axle 64Gb Flash Drive. After copying about 5Gb of data to it the drive became "write protected"..... no files can be added or deleted.
I am unable to remove this write protection and also can't format this drive with any windows software.
Please send me your "low level" format tool ....my email addres is ...... Thanks in advance

awordforthat
08-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Hi, could you please send me the NTFS low-level formatting tool?

ETA: Description of problem - drive would hang comp on boot, despite all USB references being removed from BIOS startup sequence. Low-level reformat to FAT32 solved problem, but I need to transfer files >4G, so...NTFS it is.

Thanks!

mrbaker
08-10-2012, 08:25 AM
I just got an Xporter Xpress 64Gb USB Flash drive. The transfer rate to it is awful. I tried formatting it with NTFS and still it seldom exceeds 1mbps. Can you please send me your low level format tool. Thank you.

wst01
08-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I got a Supersonic Magnum 128GB USB Stick. After copying 80GB the stick became "write protected". Can you please send me your low level format tool.

Thanks!

jamessng
08-12-2012, 07:34 AM

I bought this Partiot xPorter Pulse 64GB USB drive but my windows XP notebook cannot read it. It asks me to format drive, but when I try to format it, it said: Windows was unable to complete the format.
What should I do to access the drive? Please help. from

lacola
08-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I have a Supersonic Magnum 64GB, wit FAT32 format. My speed had dropped down after filling up the stick.
After deleting all the data, the speed didn't increase. Please send me low-level formatting tool. Hope it helps.
My email:

ssanzone
08-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Patriot XT 32 GB with lots of bad sectors. []. Thanks in advance for the tool.

Seriously?
08-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Patriot Axel 64gb write protected error, will not format. Have exhausted all suggestions / options posted on here. Please send format tool to

Thanks,
Brian

yashar
08-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Ican't format my flash memory (Patriot xmini 8GB)!!! "The disk is write protected!!!"
Please help me!!!!! :-(((

Email:

pjboardin
08-14-2012, 07:07 PM
I also have the Partiot XMINI 8 GB and after trying to upload pictures, my comp crashed and all sorts of System Error files were added.

At this point, I would just like to reformat and start over. Thanks.

email:

stioann
08-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I got Patriot 32Gb Axle (PSF32GAUSB). After few days of use it became write protected, and i can't format it at all. Can you send me some tool or util to fix this problem. E-mail:

thilan
08-18-2012, 03:32 AM
Ican't format my flash memory (Patriot Xporter xpress 16GB)!!! "The disk is write protected!!!"
Please help me!!!!! :-(((

Email:

Melon
08-18-2012, 09:11 AM
My Patriot Supersonic Xpress 16GB is detected in "My Computer" but not accessible.

Email:

alexeyr
08-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Hello!
Help me, please.
I have write protection on my Supersonic 64Gb drive
Please, send me low format tool to
Regards,
Alexey

albart
08-21-2012, 04:51 AM
I have an 8GB Pixie that shows up as "2261 PRAM USB Device" in the device manager, and as a removable media device (with no media inserted) inside Computer. Hopefully the low-level format tool can fix this?
MOD EDIT

Thanks!

I have the same problem. There is no much reference about it. Could you fix the problem?

coldgirl133
08-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Hello,

I bought a Patriot Memory 32gb stick and was able to copy some items to the USB but now it says that it is protected against writing. How do I solve this?

email:

akbargiti
08-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Hi
My Flash memory patriot axle 8GB don't format anyway and have error "The disk is write protected!!!"
pleas help me
Email :

kientaki
08-23-2012, 02:54 PM
I have a 16GB 3.0 XT boost and now having problem with "write protection issue"
I'm using Windows 7 64bit Enterprise, please send me a tool to format my flash drive
email:

tmcd
08-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah, I have a Supersonic 32GB, probably Model PEF32GSUSB (if NewEgg be believed). I can't see anything but the top directory and it's write-protected. I want to low-level format it before RMAing -- a Support person has offered me RMA.