PDA

View Full Version : New Wildfire 240GB with NO problems, but...

Arthur
08-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Dear Patriot Crew and Community,

So i just finished configuring my Velocity Micro system with Asus P8Z68 V-Pro and Patriot Wildfire 240Gb Boot drive. The good news is that I get no blue screens and ATTO transfer rates up to 550 -- feeling great!

However, I am getting occasional system freezes at startup -- not a big deal since data files are rarely open then, but I'd like to solve the problem if I can.

Wondered if there were any firmware updates yet, and if so, how to install them, and if I install them, will they wipe the drive? I'm sure everything's on a sticky somewhere, but if so, I can't find it. Can anyone help me out?

THANKS SO MUCH!

TheWorminator
08-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Hey Arthur,

Patriot_VL, the administrator here, stated that testing for the new firmware is currently in progress, and they're targeting to get it to us tomorrow. It's supposed to be able to update the firmware on your SSD even if it's your system drive, so I'm assuming it won't wipe the drive clean.

Source (third last post on this page): http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/showthread.php?7158-Patriot-WildFire-120GB-Random-freeze-Sudden-reset-BSOD/page6

Arthur
08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey Arthur,

Patriot_VL, the administrator here, stated that testing for the new firmware is currently in progress, and they're targeting to get it to us tomorrow. It's supposed to be able to update the firmware on your SSD even if it's your system drive, so I'm assuming it won't wipe the drive clean.

Source (third last post on this page): http://www.patriotmemory.com/forums/showthread.php?7158-Patriot-WildFire-120GB-Random-freeze-Sudden-reset-BSOD/page6

Many thanks, TheWorminator!

Patriot_VL
08-12-2011, 09:39 PM
That is correct but we are extending the testing over the weekend and should have it ready for everyone Monday morning. Also you will be able to update the firmware even if it is your main C drive (OS drive) on Windows platform but please back up all data regardless before performing firmware update.