PDA

View Full Version : Freezing during playback

Greasewheel
03-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I quickly browsed this forum and it didn't take me long to realize that I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about. So please be gentle with me.
My problem is the movies freezing while watching. The freezing lasts about 4 secs and can happen as much as every 15-20secs but more often every 3 or 4 minutes. This is a brand new Media Player, right out of the box. I am using a 300GB external HD through the USB. Up until now I had been using my son's Patriot Media Player and it had performed perfectly. So when my player was delivered I just did a quick swap out. That is why I think the issue must be the player or a setting therein. Anybody have an idea? Thank you for your time and any forthcoming help.

aasoror
03-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Have you ruled out heat related issues ? check the sticky in the moding section for cooling mods.

Also might want to reflash to the same firmware version that is running on your son's box.

Best of luck,

Greasewheel
03-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanx. After my post I did upgrade to the newest firmware which did not help. I will try to find out what version my son has. Thanx for your advice.

I seem to be having no issues when using the other USB port. I'm happy with that.