PDA

View Full Version : new to PBO

kgodsoe
01-15-2011, 04:18 AM
I just got a PBO for xmas. I also got the patriot wireless adapter. I just upgraded the firmware to the latest release ES-51-283G-PCMPBO25-P61 for bootcode 18 or higher before posting here. The wireless is getting an IP address via dhcp.

my problem is
I sometimes get my "workgroup" group and sometimes I do not. In that workgroup I have 2 XP boxes. I just cannot get it to show my 2 machines. there is no firewalls enabled either. If it does show them it says logon failed when I enter in a user name on that pc... I have tried using machine name\account name and I have tried just account name as well. I get logon failed.

since firmware upgrade I cannot get it to show the "workgroup" before firmware upgrade I only got it to show the workgroup once

getting frustrated.

suggestions? help?

aasoror
01-15-2011, 08:12 AM
my problem is
I sometimes get my "workgroup" group and sometimes I do not.

Don't use NET-> Workgroup, instead use NET-> My Shortcuts, for info about how to set up shortcuts refer to the "machine shortcut" link in my signature below.

Best of luck,

kgodsoe
01-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Thank you, I have been able to access my xp box's. So far so good too, I have not had any lag when playing the movies wirelessly, But for the most part they are small movie files, will have to try a bluray rip and see if it chokes there....

Now to try to get my win 7 laptop to be able to work... The shortcut method fails for that. I thought I saw a link about it ...

thanks again.