PDA

View Full Version : Memtest fail on upper range

sandr00k
09-18-2005, 09:44 PM
So I bought 2 sticks of PEP1G3200LL from newegg last week because i heard of its exceptional track record and recommendations. However, instability in my system has led me to run memtest86 version 3.2 (newest). Doing so, i ran into over 360,000 errors with test 5 and 7. All the errors that i could tell were starting after 1024MB, so thus far it leads me to believe one stick is bad. I am running rated timings, and my motherboard claims they are getting just above 2.7 volts. Is there any way my motherboard is at fault? Are there any other things i can try to test? Also, when I rma, should i go through newegg or patriot? I am told there is a newer revision of this ram with red, not green, stick that is of higher quality, am I able to request this stick at the place of return?

sandr00k
09-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Alright, ultimately 1 stick turned out to be the culprit - over 400 thousand errors on it tested by itself, where the other 1 tests fine.

One thing i would like to know - if i rma it, would it be better to rma both and request red pcb on both, or just the one and cross fingers?