PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted to set up My Shortcuts

fairview
12-17-2010, 06:17 AM
I try to set up shortcuts in Net but it's asking for id/password, at first I left both blank and just input the ip which login successful. The next time I turn it on and try to login it's asking me again for id/pw, can anyone please tell me what should I put for net id/pw. workgroup works fine since I did the W7 fix. Thanks

aasoror
12-17-2010, 06:20 AM
I try to set up shortcuts in Net but it's asking for id/password, at first I left both blank and just input the ip which login successful. The next time I turn it on and try to login it's asking me again for id/pw, can anyone please tell I should I put for net id/pw. workgroup works fine since I did the W7 fix. Thanks

So you can access the machines fine via NET->Workgroup but when accessing the same machines via shortcuts you are asked for a password ?

fairview
12-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes, workgroup works fine but it ask me to input NET ID/PW under shortcuts but I don't know what to put in

scboley
12-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Yes, workgroup works fine but it ask me to input NET ID/PW under shortcuts but I don't know what to put in
Try leaving it the default realtek_guest and blank password......but be forewarned that you will have had to do registry hack to allow network access with blank passwords for this to work....otherwise you use a username and password that is on the win7 box.

fairview
12-17-2010, 07:35 AM
I already did the registry hack for Win7, I wil try your advice and feedback. thanks

fairview
12-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Try leaving it the default realtek_guest and blank password......but be forewarned that you will have had to do registry hack to allow network access with blank passwords for this to work....otherwise you use a username and password that is on the win7 box.
I tried your advice but doesn't work, I don't have any pw on my Win7. Any other suggestion you might think of I can try? Lucky my workgroup works fine.

scboley
12-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Which win7 version do you have? Also do you have live essentials installed as the last updates to it broke a lot of the samba compatibility....you can remove it to see if that fixes the problems as well

fairview
12-18-2010, 03:59 AM
Which win7 version do you have? Also do you have live essentials installed as the last updates to it broke a lot of the samba compatibility....you can remove it to see if that fixes the problems as well
@scboley, you are awsome!
I uninstalled live essential and it did the trick, logon without id/pw. Works good so far, hopefully it doesn't reset after I turn it off. Appreciated your help!

fairview
12-18-2010, 06:23 AM
No luck, was able to logon the first time and its asking for id/pw when I turn it off and back on later...I am going nuts with this...any other advice?
By the way, I am using Win7 home premium 64bit