PDA

View Full Version : other firmware on PBO

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

jamaroney
02-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I had serious transfer speed issues.

See my post at:
http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/forum/t-304694/medebo-and-acrbo-firmwares-have-very-slow-transfer-speeds

sam
02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
According to the Video Wall Instructions PDF that came in the same .rar file as the MedeBO firmware the ideal size for folder.jpg and genre icons is 156x233.

They should not be bigger than 250 pixels wide, and will be ignored if the file size is larger than 75K.

Most of my DVD covers are either 300 X 500 or 366 x 520, I don't see any issue with it. May it will show up a little faster if they're smaller. Personally, I like seeing the DVD covers with some detail. :)

Sam.

jamal
02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Anyone try the new firmware just release, wondering if it enhances the Videowall capability. Is there a different routine to setup music ?:D

T_Tronix
02-03-2011, 03:38 PM
So I decided to switch to the new Mede8er and now I am having a small problem.

I was able to generate all what is needed using Thumbgen (folder.jpg and about.jpg) for each of my movies (all are in seperate folders for each movie). Now I noticed Thumbgen does not create a jukebox folder nor a index.html file.

How do I get this done so it works with Mede8er? With Playon!HD there was a tool but I can't find one for this one.

scboley
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Mede8er does not require a jukebox and only the picture files. For the wall to show you build the wall structure from within mede8er. Go get the user guide for the version you are running from the mede8er site or go look at the wiki pages for information on how to do this.

aasoror
02-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Hello All,

In lights of recent achievements in our modding efforts as well as the official Patriot Memory firmware development, it seems like now is the time to move this whole discussion into a more neutral location.

I would like to invite all interested parties to the modding and hacking section of the PBO wiki forums (http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/forum/c-125681/pbo-mods-and-hacks).

Also keep an eye on the custom firmware page on the PBO wiki (http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares), as that page will be the page where any future custom firmwares (if available) are released.

This thread is an excellent resource for info regarding hacking the PBO and other RT1073DD chipset based boxes, but it has incredible amount of noise and (almost irrelevant) side discussions, I am locking and sticking this thread for archiving. I will go through the posts and will keep the informative and reference posts.

Meanwhile whenever you feel there is any info you would like to add to this sticky, just PM me (or any of the moderators) and it will promptly added.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Jeordy
02-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I was curious if there was any way to speed up the navigation of the video wall.

I assume it having to load and respond to all of the pictures slows it down, but this little box is pretty dang powerful and should be able to handle it.

I have it set up so that the box receives shares from a NAS server on my network, is this what is making it so slow?

Thanks much for any help!!

scboley
02-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I was curious if there was any way to speed up the navigation of the video wall.

I assume it having to load and respond to all of the pictures slows it down, but this little box is pretty dang powerful and should be able to handle it.

I have it set up so that the box receives shares from a NAS server on my network, is this what is making it so slow?

Thanks much for any help!!
Well the biggest thing is make sure you don't have any of the covers that are over 500 pixels in size on the wall. I default to getting my covers from amazon because their's are all 500 pixels in size and I don't have trouble with how quick they load.

Jeordy
02-05-2011, 08:47 PM
It's not really how quick they load, just navigating through them.

It's not a huge deal but would be nice if there wasn't a delay when hitting a directional key to the next movie, or a 5 second delay when going to the next page.

Also:
All of my movies' folder.jpg worked perfectly fine (used thumbgen) but I put a folder.jpg in my movies, tv shows, and anime folder and they are still showing the generic empty case. I got the pictures from the mede8er forums, and according to all the posts they work perfectly fine for everyone else.

If its an outer folder does the picture need to be names something besides folder.jpg?

Thanks for the quick help!!

Edit: The pictures I am using for the outer folders are 156 X 233

Edit #2: Found the answer to my own question. (Reading the documentation that comes with the firmware can work wonders) =P
I'll try shrinking down the movie covers a bit and see if it helps.

skreemer7
02-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Hi all. I am a new owner of a PBO core player and have been reading the forums for all kinds of information. I successfully flashed the mebedo firmware. I have a few questions about getting images to display for movies. I understand thumbgen has to be used and know the basic how to guide for that.

1) Is the only way to have image previews of the movies to make these movisheets and jpg images and put them in a folder with the movie? I have 500+ movies right now and having to create a folder for EACH movie seems ridiculous and a very tedious task. I am surprised no one has addressed that issue.
Is the ONLY option to have image views of movies is by the creation of extra files and folders? I have all my movies in one folder nicely tagged with metadata within the files themselves, and Windows 7 has nice thumbs of all the movies. I have multiple computers in the house and I can view these movies graphically. Does thiis mean that to be able to have a similar kind of experience on the player that I have to lose this ability?

I think I saw that there was a way with the WDTV players to have all the required data for each of the movies in the main root folder. So the folder contained all the movies, and then 3 more files for each movie- a movie.jpg for the cover, sheet.jpg for the sheet, and movie.nfo for the other info. This would be slightly better since at least all the movie files would be in one folder instead of another folder deep. This still seems like a messy alternative. I guess I just dont like the fact that 3 more files need to be made for a movie.

2) My movies are in .m4v format, and I have used MetaX to tag them with all the data including cover art. This is displayed well in iTunes and in Windows 7 explorer. Is displaying this data, or at least just the images, possible at all with the PBO core player with any of the firmwares? Is this something that may be supported down the road?

I guess all my questions revolve around the one main issue of having to change my organization of my movie files. It seems like a big hassle and not the optimal way to organize a massive movie collection- to have all video files in individual folders.

scboley
02-08-2011, 04:03 AM
If you go MEDEBO you will have to move all the movies to their own folders but you can do copies of the existing jpg files and name them correctly so that they work with MEDEBO. Be forewarned that if you use too large a resolution for the dvd cover art it will make the wall browsing slow a lot. I wouldn't recommend going over 500 pixels which is generally what all of amazon's cover art is set at.

I know it's a tedious function and I had to do the same thing as well but well worth it in the long run. Even in the yamj versions it is best to break the movies out to their own folders. In the long run because your file count is much lower per folder the browsing is much faster in this configuration.

skreemer7
02-08-2011, 04:09 AM
If you go MEDEBO you will have to move all the movies to their own folders but you can do copies of the existing jpg files and name them correctly so that they work with MEDEBO. Be forewarned that if you use too large a resolution for the dvd cover art it will make the wall browsing slow a lot. I wouldn't recommend going over 500 pixels which is generally what all of amazon's cover art is set at.

I know it's a tedious function and I had to do the same thing as well but well worth it in the long run. Even in the yamj versions it is best to break the movies out to their own folders. In the long run because your file count is much lower per folder the browsing is much faster in this configuration.

Thanks for the reply. The thing is I dont have any existing jpg files. The metadata tagging including the cover image is all done within the video file. I'm not sure exactly how and where the image is actually saved, but it travels with the video file, since I can see the image on my ext HD on multiple computers with just the single movie .m4v file there. Any indication whether the PBO can display this information eventually?

scboley
02-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Probably not. I'm not sure about what extent the metainfo can be embedded in video but I do know cover art is embedded in mp3 files as I do that to all of my mp3 files so that the cover art will display on players even if the complete cd and cover art aren't present.

Thumbgen once setup correctly is pretty slick and quick to process the files. It does it all solely on what the folder name is created and setup. You can do the folder name then - then year of it and thumbgen set to automatic mode will generate the bulk of the files without intervention.

Tommyz
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
you can use this for making folders just google file2folder

skreemer7
02-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Thanks, that will help a lot.

I tried testing the video wall out with a few movies. Made folder.jpg and about.jpg with thumbgen and put them in the folder. I added the videowall shortcut from the network, and when I go to the video wall, I can see the two movies with the folder.jpg pic, but when I click enter on either of them, it goes to a black screen, and then when I click enter again, I get an X on the top left and it goes back to the video wall. I even tried this with a named USB drive, got the same exact result. Can see the movies on the wall, just cant play them. I am not able to see the movie summary "about.jpg" image at any point.

They play just fine through the browser. Any thoughts?

IanC
02-09-2011, 05:43 AM
What size are your "about.jpg" files? I mean both resolution, and file size.

The support docs for the medebo suggest 1280 x 720 for the "about" file.

In my case, I've done them as 720 x 480 (SD resolution) because I'm still retro SD in the living room.

The docs suggest 156 x 233 for folder.jpg files (for speedy navigation). It will take bigger, but be more sluggish. They also state a file size limit 75K for the folder.jpg

I can't help but think, there must be an unstated file size limit for the about.jpg files too.

Another possibility might be your folder layout. The medebo video wall is a little picky. It really wants
[Share folder or HDD "movie" folder] | [Genre Folder] | [Specific Movie Folder] | [video file]

If the "extra" [Genre Folder] layer doesn't exist, you get the black screen.

You can go a couple of layers deeper
[Genre] | [Series Name] | [Season] | [Episode Folder] | [video file]

Hope that helps.

scboley
02-09-2011, 07:23 AM
If the files are correctly generated you might have a bug we've seen a few times with medebo not quite flashing correctly and exactly what you see is the result. Just reflash the firmware over the top of itself and see if it starts working.

Kevyn
02-09-2011, 12:30 PM

"Files 2 Folders" is another one that creates a right-click shell extension to your windows explorer that will automatically create a folder or folders based on the selected file names and move the files into the auto created folders.

kevyn

sma1dad
02-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I installed ACRBO_v7.3.4.r4824_Euro and then first tried using YAMJ to create a Jukebox for my movies. I first did a folder with 40 movies and everything seemed to work fine. But when I get more then 50 something movies in the jukebox when trying to access it, the Patriot starts loading and then reboots. I then tried using Thumbgen and tvixie2playonHD to make a Jukebox. I tested on a folder of three movies. I can see the cover boxes and can see the cover art file info on two of the movies but one I get Unable to Service Request. And the other two files I get Unknown file error. Iíve read a lot about doing this but canít seem to get any method working. I do not have a HDD in my PBO but am trying to access on my windows vista machine. I can play files if I navigate to them with the browser on PBO. Any help would be appreciated.

aspedisca
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi All,
I tried one of the medebo firmware (the latest) from http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares

I was hoping it to be optware friendly but apparently it is not. Or am I wrong?

ln: /opt: Read-only file system
/ # cd /opt
-sh: cd: can't cd to /opt

Anyway is there a optware friendly medebo firmware available.
Thanks in advance

tourist
02-10-2011, 10:59 PM
From your title, I thought you are posting one.:D

aasoror
02-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Anyway is there a optware friendly medebo firmware available.
Thanks in advance

The only reason firmware referenced above is posted on ANOTHER site, is that the WIKI is the place where we should post our questions there.

Any way, its optware friendly.
remount root as r/w and create the optware folder and proceed from there.
Thanks for your understanding.

dannykwest1
02-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Will the Mede8er (medeBO 5249) patched firmware found on wikidot.com work with the PBO remote?

It says it will, but I wanted to confirm with someone here.

Thanks,
Danny.

bugbyte2k
02-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Look at the wiki alternate firmware page and the medebo has this function you are requesting.

I flashed to the medebo latest firmware as instructed but when playing the media in the folder I used the keypad enter the number, it then jumped to the minute mark of the currently playing track. It didn't jump to the track number. Please help.

undee
02-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Anyone experience with cover trickle (Thumbgen) on PBO (Medebo firmware)?

Thumbgen provide some "beautiful" template that enable us to show movie sheet with "cover trickle" features.
It would be great if I can apply cover trickle in my PBO also ;)

Sample of cover trickle:
http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?232-Lstar337-s-Split-Sheet-Templates-For-TV-Shows/page7

undee
02-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Is there a tutorial for how to get tv and movie sheets working for a medebo firmware? So far, the only program I know how to use is thumbgen, what else do I need? how do I need to organize all the folders? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Please refer to this link for Thumbgen's step-by-step (Bahasa Indonesia).
http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=5341251&page=26

tehownt
02-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Warning: don't do this if you're not at ease with minimal linux commands : telnet, mv, cp, mount, ln, vi etc.
Do not simply copy/paste what you read here, please do understand what's being done before doing the same thing on your PBO.

So I wanted to use the Media Library function of the ACRBO firmware, because it's pretty for big media collections and allows you to search through files, quite practical especially for music.

Then, I ran into 2 major problems: the first one was that whatever I was doing, I always got a "denied" sign whenever using the "update" function (or any other function of the media library), the other one was that the Media Library is only intended for local drives, probably because it creates a media.db file and they didn't implement a mechanism to check whether the filesystem where the file was to be created was writable.

Some suggested that you could leave a USB drive in it and make a sub-folder that linked to a NAS drive, but I wanted to see if it could be possible to trick it into indexing NAS drives and store the database directly on the internal memory itself.

As it turns out, it is possible :

The first thing that you need to have for ACRBO is a folder named HDD1 in

/tmp/hdd/volumes/

At first, there was no volumes folder either, and those folders being absent was what created the denied sign from the Media Library.
I found this out when I enabled NAS/BT from the setup menu, this created those folders (and a few others), and then the Media Library was able to update its database, creating the media.db file in /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1 and indexing every file located in a subfolder.

The problem is that /tmp is a ram drive, so everything user-created after startup gets deleted on a reboot... Not really useful.

So I figured I could just create a folder on the internal drive at startup, then create a link in /tmp/hdd/ to that folder (in order not to be forced to enable BT/NAS) and then have a subfolder pointing to a NAS drive, and have the Media Library index it.

This worked fine (except I first modified /etc/init.d/rcS, something I found out isn't a good idea... Thanks for the SW3 reset), and led to this :

Add this to /usr/local/etc/rcS (obviously replacing <IP>,<PATH> etc with your own info):

sleep 10
mount -o remount,rw /
sleeo 10
mkdir -p /tmp/hdd/volumes
mkdir -p /mnt/nasmounts/
mkdir -p /mnt/nasmounts/nas1
ln -s /mnt/nasmounts/ /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1
mount -t cifs //<IP>/<PATH> /mnt/nasmounts/nas1 -o username=<nas_username>,password=<nas_password>

You can then go into the Media Library an press update, you'll see the network LED flash while it's indexing your files.

The upate is going to take a long time (around 1-1.5 hour for 150k files to parse) if you have a huge media quantity, it was much faster when using the ramfs (/tmp) but it wouldn't be persistent :/ so I guess the internal fs is slow and the update script sucks and generates way too many file opens for nothing.

Aside of the speed issue, there's the space limit, there's only about 30MB free on the device, if you have an insane music/movie/picture collection, you might want to have a USB flashdrive plugged in the back of the device to hold the database, basically you'd be doing the same folder trick as mentionned, except instead of making the nasmounts in /mnt/ you'll have to put in on your USB stick, which should automatically be mounted as /mnt/sdaX (where X is the number of device) at boot time.

Your rcS script would look something like this :

sleep 10
mount -o remount,rw /
sleep 10
mkdir -p /tmp/hdd/volumes
mkdir -p /mnt/usbmounts/sdaX/nasmounts/
mkdir -p /mnt/usbmounts/sdaX/nasmounts/nas1
ln -s /mnt/usbmounts/sdaX/nasmounts/ /tmp/hdd/volumes/HDD1
mount -t cifs //<IP>/<PATH> /mnt/usbmounts/sdaX/nasmounts/nas1 -o username=<nas_username>,password=<nas_password>

Obviously, you can also do the same trick using an internal HDD (I haven't got one to try out), all of this will have a much faster indexing and more space to hold the database.

It ain't absolutely pretty, but it works.

Also, check the ACRyan's forum for more info, there's a thread on how to update media.db manually, and plenty of other info.

leastbay
02-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Anyone have any tips for this? I made my disc art and have it showing up for the movie on the wall but then it wont play. When I clock OK the subtitle folders beneath the main folder but I do not see the video file anywhere.

leastbay
02-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Looking for some type of jukebox format with cover art. I tried another firmware but couldnt get it set up to work correctly.

leastbay
02-19-2011, 12:16 AM
nevermind, I got it working with mede8er. If anyone else needs help setting it up let me know

nrupalp
02-19-2011, 05:22 PM
LInk on http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares is not working. If I understand it correct, I just need to flast it like how i would flash any official PBO firmware? Or, does it require anything special? Thanks for any help in advance.

tourist
02-19-2011, 06:30 PM
The mirror link at MegaUpload works fine for me.:confused:

aasoror
02-19-2011, 07:42 PM
The mirror link at MegaUpload works fine for me.:confused:

Strange the 4shared page displays "invalid link" then once refreshed displayes the download page correctly ?!?

nofear_102
02-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Hi all, I am wondering if it is possible to have both of these on the PBO without having a hard drive installed? I have tried installing optware to no avail and RSS instructions all seem to indicate the files need to be in the "/home" directory which I do not have.

Thanks.

kyle12
02-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Just a heads up to aasoror or whoever is maintaining the current PBO ports that ACRyan finally pushed their SDK4 based firmware out the door.

Is there any clear cut tutorial for patching these ourselves? or is it more experimentation?

aasoror
03-02-2011, 05:56 AM
Just a heads up to aasoror or whoever is maintaining the current PBO ports that ACRyan finally pushed their SDK4 based firmware out the door.

Check the makeover link in my signature below. :)
BC18+ BOXES ONLY

egon646
03-02-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have 2 questions:

1. if Transmission BT client will work on this firmware ?
2. it's normal installation this firmware to PBO use pen-drive without any modyfication ?

Regards

UNIXgod
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Hello I am new here. I have recently acquired and a PBO and have a 320gb hd in it. I upgraded the firmware to P61-Beta- (BC16+).mega.YT.4opt then down to P02 then back up again to P61-Beta- (BC16+).mega.YT.4opt.

I am going to move forward with ACRBO 2115 but would like to know if it is optware friendly or should I be looking at ACRBO European 4824 image instead?

I am interested in running console apps such as irc and screen multiplexer and ssh. maybe even set up a user and shell with full posix command support( busybox, ruby, zsh) as well as installing rtorrent and ultorrent.

Also does "optware friendly" imply optware is ready to run and install on the hard drive or is there an rc file that needs to be edited? If so what is the path?

Thank you ~

scboley
03-04-2011, 02:04 AM
List of all the bug fixes and note some are issues present in all firmware.

Changelog from V4
1. Bootloader updater not working - should update to #26 - fixed
2. Large size FAT32 USB Hard Drive not working - fixed
3. HFS Volume link to Video Wall not working - fixed
4. No audio .mov container has H264 codec + PCM audio - fixed
5. Video Wall image quality folder.jpg & about.jpg - fixed
6. Video Wall Navigation bug - one movie on last page - fixed
7. Video Wall increased max folder.jpg size to 100k
8. Video Wall speed "next page" - fixed
9. Watched Indicator on root of HDD - fixed
10. HDD Format no name - fixed
11. IR Interference from other remotes - fixed
12. File Manager copy to protected folder - fixed
13. Web Remote enabled by default - fixed
14. Slidshow Playlist Option - fixed
15. HFS Volume mask System files ie .fseventsd .Trashes .Spotlight-V100 - fixed
16. Video Wall MAC - .AppleDouble folder problem - fixed
17. Ken Burns ettect in Picture Slide Show not working - fixed
18. m3u Playlist not working with "Umlauts" characters - fixed
19. Focus / Unfocus Series View Video Wall hard to see the focus - fixed
20. Screensaver artwork changed
21. Screensaver movement not smooth MP3 play - improved
22. Screensaver during slideshow - fixed
23. Screensaver shows when playing multiple short video in a folder - fixed
24. Screensaver appears in picture slideshow - fixed
25. Older DD hardware cannot switch MED500x off with front on/off button - fixed
26. Open image and press Zoom+ and image zooms to 16x - It should start with 2x - fixed
27. File Manager "Move" function not working - fixed
28. Protected folder in Media Library not protected in Video Wall - Fixed
29. MP4 not working from video wall "www123" profile Sony PSP Codec ID: MSNV. Works from Media Library - fixed
30 No audio .mov container has H264 codec + PCM audio - fixed

aasoror
03-04-2011, 02:49 AM
bug fixes ?! :confused::confused: come again !! :confused:

aasoror
03-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Check the makeover link in my signature below. :)

scboley
03-04-2011, 05:55 AM
bug fixes ?! :confused::confused: come again !! :confused:
What I would assume is sdk bugs the large fat32 fix IR interference from other remotes.

A lot of these were things they had listed as known problems in their last release and now are listing as fixed.

Such transparency of progress on issues should be how PM should learn how to debug releases. They also thank their beta testers for helping fix the final release. Hence beta is not a full on release cough cough.

locoroco2
03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Anyone tested this version 4.04? Is it Stable?

I m currently on old V.4, with the following issues,

1.Autoplay feature no sound coming out..

2.Web Remote control not working..

Any feedback on the latest build is much appreciated. thanks.

ldi9999
03-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I flashed mine last night. Everything looks fine to me. The noticeable difference is on videowall coverart, which has better looking now. I however did not try any of the functions you mentioned, since I did not use them before.

aasoror
03-04-2011, 04:50 PM
As per the custom firmware download page, please direct any post installation problems to the appropriate forums linked in the release notes of each firmware or on the PBO wiki from which you download the firmware.

Thanks for understanding.

Guys, if you can offer any help to cwiebe please do it over PMs.

Thanks again,

rhino
03-09-2011, 11:10 PM
SCboley! is there any chance you can guide me through this. I Like the interface of Medebo, but cannot figure out how to get movie wall display. What programs should i use, what settings? THanks in advance.

newbe22
03-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I want to try out AC Ryan firmware, could someone help me out.

Do I need any special cable?

Steps, or screen shot would help.

Thanks.

Newbe:)

Fuzznut
03-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Flashed Mede8er 1026 Shizzle and am unable to get the internet radio to work. Before I had the playon ver and internet shoutcast worked fine. I am able to get to the box via my network and have verified the dns ip address to resolve on my laptop.

Anyone else experiencing this issue or know a fix?

Fuzz

flint1962
03-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Issues with unathorized firmwares will not be answered in these forums. You are best to go to the PBO wiki that was setup by aasoror or the Mede8er forum.

jrbilodeau
04-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Hey i just decided to try the MedeBO 1026 firmware and i'm having issues that the screen won't stop scrolling, and it's in black and white.

Before doing the firmware upgrade, i loaded P02 firmware, then when through the upgrade for the MedeBO 1026 image. it loaded fine, but i can't get it to show up without it scrolling. I also used the TV System button on the remote and tried changing all of the options.

also i have a standard definition NTSC TV (I'm in canada) and i'm using RCA cable

any suggestions

scboley
04-03-2011, 02:48 AM
Push the display button on the remote till it quits.

jrbilodeau
04-03-2011, 03:29 AM
Ok I got it to work by doing what i previously tried. I guess i just wasn't waiting long enough after pressing ok

tornadoredcabby
04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Hello,

I am looking for what people are using for their video walls in mede8er for about.jpg generating?

TIA

scboley
04-21-2011, 04:34 PM
The bulk of people on here are using thumbgen and you have to go to settings and change the output filenames for it to work with the medebo wall.

aasoror
04-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Hello,

I am looking for what people are using for their video walls in mede8er for about.jpg generating?

TIA

You can either use thumbgen or use Y2M (mede8er's own tool scrapping and image generation tool), you should find the details on mede8er's support section of the website (http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_y2m_user_guide.html).

Best of luck,

tornadoredcabby
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info

I found am using (for now) TViXiE

Nice little program

aasoror
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the info

I found am using (for now) TViXiE

Nice little program

Well, "all roads lead to Rome" :)
Enjoy your PBO.

Unreal
04-30-2011, 02:10 AM
I decided to put the Mede8er FW on my PBO, and went with shizzl mod v2 (http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares) that assoror posted. I am loving the video wall! It is so easy to use, and is a huge improvement on the interface, especially with a large movie collection when you can't remember (sucks getting old :( ) the plot and actors for every movie. Plus Y2M is so easy to use for scraping all the cover art. I just want to say thanks to assoror for all your work on the custom FW stuff, and shizzl too of course.

aasoror
04-30-2011, 03:25 AM
I decided to put the Mede8er FW on my PBO, and went with shizzl mod v2 (http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares) that assoror posted. I am loving the video wall! It is so easy to use, and is a huge improvement on the interface, especially with a large movie collection when you can't remember (sucks getting old :( ) the plot and actors for every movie. Plus Y2M is so easy to use for scraping all the cover art. I just want to say thanks to assoror for all your work on the custom FW stuff, and shizzl too of course.

No problem,
Enjoy your PBO :)

Piotr
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi guys, I am new with software update and has just loaded MedeBO_V4.0.4_1026 into PBO bootcode 18 and lost possibility to use remote control. PBO seems to work, as the main screen appears, but without remote control working I cannot either go through screens or load back original firmaware. Any ideas how to fix it? Thx.

All firmwares up thru P05-IMS have had great copy speeds when copying from one USB device to another. That went away with the release of P61 and has not been fixed yet. Not sure why this problem is not being resolved. I know that others have had the same issue.

I have given up for now on the PBO team and their firmware releases. I am now using the newest MEDEBO alternate firmware V4.0.4. It has great features, a great interface, and the USB to USB copy speeds are quick, just like the earlier version of the official firmware for the PBO.

I still love my PBO, but my Love for their official firmware has cooled. :(

Hope future releases fix the copy speed issue, and hope they can integrate some of the cool MEDEBO features like the Video Wall.

Danny.

jrbilodeau
05-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Where did you get the firmware from. If you didn't get one that was patched to work with the PBO remote, then your options are probably to serially recover or use something like the logitech harmony remote and load the mede8er remote and try that.

snappy46
05-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi guys, I am new with software update and has just loaded MedeBO_V4.0.4_1026 into PBO bootcode 18 and lost possibility to use remote control. PBO seems to work, as the main screen appears, but without remote control working I cannot either go through screens or load back original firmaware. Any ideas how to fix it? Thx.

If you can still telnet try the following:

1) Put an official PBO firmware on USB Stick (Formatted fat32) in the PBO front USB connector.
2) Telnet to the PBO and enter:

# kill -6 1

PBO should reboot and pick up the firmware you have on the USB Stick.

Good luck.

PS: I am not sure why you post this problem in this thread since it is dealing with a custom firmware not official one. I recommend posting those issues on the PBO wiki in the future.

Cheer!!!

tourist
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
PS: I am not sure why you post this problem in this thread since it is dealing with a custom firmware not official one. I recommend posting those issues on the PBO wiki in the future.

+1
It is in the wrong thread and wrong sub-forum. At least it should be posted in the mod/hack session.

danger69
05-15-2011, 03:06 AM
I flashed my PBO with the new mede8er firmware. And everything works perfectly. I wanted to change my video wall settings, but when I do I get a small screen that pops up saying something about can not connect to server or something. Anyone else have this problem?

danger69
05-16-2011, 11:43 PM
I flashed my PBO with the new mede8er firmware. And everything works perfectly. I wanted to change my video wall settings. But when I do, I get a small screen that pops up saying something about can not connect to server or something. Anyone else have this problem using mede8er?

aasoror
05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
As per the custom firmware disclaimer :

Please be advised that no support for these firmwares will be provided on the Official PBO forums, please either use the wiki forums here or seek help wherever you feel appropriate.

Thanks for understanding,
Sorry for the inconvenience.

NimrodPing
06-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi

Currently have AC Ryan Playon firmware installed on my PBO, but want to revert to the factory, original one. Have it on a FAT32 USB stick - but there is no system upgrade option in the system menu?

Tried the kill -6 1 command in a previous thread, but that just reboots the box.

aasoror
06-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi

Currently have AC Ryan Playon firmware installed on my PBO, but want to revert to the factory, original one. Have it on a FAT32 USB stick - but there is no system upgrade option in the system menu?

Tried the kill -6 1 command in a previous thread, but that just reboots the box.

You just need to look harder, there is no firmware released for the PBO (official/custom) that doesn't have an upgrade option.

andytx
06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi Aasoror,
Does ACRyan [Official] Firmware_PV73100_v7.4.x.r3966 work on PBO, and it is same way method PBO flashing?
I want to try USB keyboard and mouse.
There 2 version way for Asian, and Er.does both have Engish support?

Thanks

aasoror
06-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi Aasoror,
Does ACRyan [Official] Firmware_PV73100_v7.4.x.r3966 work on PBO, and it is same way method PBO flashing?
I want to try USB keyboard and mouse.
There 2 version way for Asian, and Er.does both have Engish support?

Thanks
DON'T USE OFFICIAL FIRMWARES MEANT FOR OTHER DEVICES, this will brick your PBO.
Only download official/semiofficial firmwares from here, and custom firmwares from the wiki (linked in my sig below) and thats (on the wiki) where custom firmwares are now being discussed.

Best of luck,

andytx
06-21-2011, 01:19 AM
yes, this is from wiki.
http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares ACRBO_v7.4.4.r3966_Euro(BC18)

temmari1
06-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Today i try to update my firmware [MedeBO_V4Beta5_6_december_2010] and[Firmware_PV73100_v7.4.3.r3966_Asian], and it was processing my little cousin removed the usb, i turned it off a few minutes and turn on back but it just show black screen My tv is Sony Bravia it said "Unsupported signal, check device output". I don't know what to do. Can someone give me the recomandations or suggestions. Thanks.
My bootcode is 18 and i don't know my original firmware but the screen is PBO core. I bought it 1 or 2 months ago.

temmari1
06-23-2011, 11:45 PM
And when i use HDMI it just said unsupported...... But when i turn to use the White Yellow and Red cable it said Cannot reboot from HDD. I think this infomation is important

temmari1
06-24-2011, 01:12 AM
30m later i post this thread i plug the usb with firmware inside and use the white red and yellow cable. Now it shows pbo core logo i waited 5m but not thing happened.

andytx
06-24-2011, 06:08 AM
I had tried every another fw in wiki forum, only version of release 3.1 of SHIZZL's got Vietnam support but characters does shows correctly. Do I need to download install fonts, I dont see where RSS at?

void_main
08-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi!
I've got currently the ACRBO European 4824 image on my PBO.
Everything works fine(except for youtube), but I am missing my favourite radio station Xfm London, which isn't on shout cast.
I've got a stream adress "mmsh://mediasrv.musicradio.com/XFMLondon?MSWMExt=.asf" which I use with VLC.
It would be great to implement that into the menu.rss file(can't do it on my own cause I'm new to JavaScript but got some experience in C).

I've been searching the forum for this issue but wasn't successful, so I opend this thread.

maxjojo
08-09-2011, 05:35 AM
try to use media-translate solution:
http://code.google.com/p/media-translate/

Internet Video:
YouTube, Vimeo, IVI, RuTube, Tvigle, Zoomby, Мосфильм;

Internet Radio:
SHOUTcast, RadioTime, SomaFM, Digitally Imported, SKY.fm, JAZZRADIO, Radioio, 1.FM, 181.FM, Bluemars, RauteMusik, Station.ru, Sampo.ru, Nullwave.ru, BBC Radio, CBC Radio, Radioio;

vnguy
08-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I flashed my PBO (BC18) to the patched fw easily from here:
http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/pbo-alternative-custom-firmwares
However, in the setup/network tab, I could not turn on BT and Samba. For examble I selected the BT and highlight ON then enter but it still showed OFF. Other features such as ftp can be turned on easily. Please help.:confused:

snappy46
08-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Please post any issues specific to other manufacturer modded firmware in the PBO Wiki.

Thank you for your understanding.

robotech
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi
New to PBO but how do we ad Canadians Weather feed to MedeBO_V4.0.4_SHIZZL_MOD_3.2 is the path the same as PBO core?
if not how would we find the path for this to edit?

Thx
Robotech

robotech
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi
New to media box but how do we ad Canadians Weather feed to MedeBO_V4.0.4_SHIZZL_MOD_3.2
what is the path to Telnet to add and what would we need to change

Thx
Robotech

nohan2008
09-21-2011, 09:36 AM
I tested the files on the latest ACRBO (check the makeover link in my signature below for more details).
While the pixelation is present its minor (IMHO) and the files are certainly watchable.
If you haven't tried ACRBO I suggest you do and see if the results are satisfactory.

thx for your info aasoror
did u install 8/13/2011 : ACRBO 5440 patched
the ACRBO 5440 Euro image BOOTCODE 18 or later REQUIRED

here are my question..

question number 1. )
usualy I always used official firmware..
so just wanna ask,currently my pbo use BC18-70R2 Beta
so if I wanna update to ACRBO 5440 Euro..it's just update directly from P70R2
into ACRBO 5440 patched or there is another step that I must do before that

like usual
System update method:
1. Download and extract the .img file into the root folder of a USB-stick. Make sure the USB-stick is formatted to FAT32.
2. Insert the USB-stick to your player.
3. Go to Setup>Misc>USB Upgrade and press 'Enter' on your remote control to confirm.
4. Your player will restart and install the new firmware

question number 2. )
Featuring GUI 2.0 in ACRBO 5440 does make ur PBO more slowly than usual ..more lag ..?

Question number 3.)
do u try medeboo ,PBO compatible version of release 3.2 of SHIZZL's
it's also your upload file..so just curious..if u must choose u will choose acrbo or medebo..
from ur point of view..more stable and etc...

thx for give me so much information aasoror ..

and anyway I got same case
that although my setting for subtitle is on..
my pbo when play bdrip mkv emmbedded softsub in the mkv file..
cannot automatic show,must manual click subtitle and choose the sub..

sory if my english bad

kenshin0815
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
One more thing where and how to download firmware MedeBO SHIZZL 3.2? Is it safe? Thanks

kenshin0815
09-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Can you also please teach me on step by step on how to download this firmware to my PBO? Thanks

memzinla
09-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Right now I have a MED400 or MED500 (don't remember which one because I installed it probably a year ago). I just started having problems with it though. Whenever I start playing a video the screen just goes black, and there is nothing I can do about it. I still hear the audio, but the screen is black. Nothing happens when I press the buttons on the remote, so I have to turn it off from the switch at the back. What firmware do you recommend? Is there any with the GUI 2.0 that runs on bootcode 16?

snappy46
10-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Right now I have a MED400 or MED500 (don't remember which one because I installed it probably a year ago). I just started having problems with it though. Whenever I start playing a video the screen just goes black, and there is nothing I can do about it. I still hear the audio, but the screen is black. Nothing happens when I press the buttons on the remote, so I have to turn it off from the switch at the back. What firmware do you recommend? Is there any with the GUI 2.0 that runs on bootcode 16?

Please refer any questions dealing with firmware not officially supported by Patriot Memory to the PBO wiki Forum: http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/forum:start

MacGruber
10-26-2011, 02:25 AM
1. How do I download torrents with the PBO (In layman's terms please)

2. Why does the boot screen flicker when I start the PBO and how do I fix it?

Note: I am running firmware ACRBO_v7.4.4.r5440_Euro(BC18). Is this the latest and greatest? I am also, in North America, if that helps.

Thanks

MacGruber
10-26-2011, 03:32 AM
For the life of me, I cannot get anything to work with BT on my PBO. What do I have to do to get it working? I have a 500gb HDD in there that is currently doing nothing. I upgraded to the ACRBO_v7.4.4.r5440_Euro(BC18) firmware, because I was told that it's the best. No doubt, it is miles ahead of the stock firmware but I really need BT to work.

Please help this noob!

snappy46
10-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Please report any issues with the PBO running non-official firmware to the PBO wiki (http://patriot-box-office.wikidot.com/) where they can better answer your questions.

add1kt
12-20-2011, 10:38 PM
**MAJOR EDIT***
Although everything I said in the previous post is true, I highly recommend anyone with this hardware to install the ACR firmware spoken of all over this forum. I have just installed the firmware and true NFS is available through the GUI, NTFS file transfer speeds are around 6.3MB/s (still not great but better). The GUI looks better to me, and has a few more, nice capabilities built in to it. Please, read the Wiki's and try this FW to improve your speed and overall enjoyment of this system!

If you are able to keep ext3 (configured for large files) tranfer rates are around 7.3MB/s with the ACR firmware, a bit slower than with the original firmware(8MB/s) , due to the increased CPU load of the ACR GUI.

adamsky
12-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi, thanks for sharing this info. Would you please give me some more details regarding the exact name of the ACR FW you've mentioned and NFS is available through the GUI through private messaging? Thanks in advance.